Greek (?) to English translation help needed!

Thread: Greek (?) to English translation help needed!

Tags: None
  1. englishboy! said:

Default Greek (?) to English translation help needed!

Hey guys, I've been trying to identify this language for translation but I can't even do that! However, it was sent to me by a Greek friend of mine so I figured other Greeks may be able to help!

The following messages have me confused:

agapi muuu kala ime! esi??
    ime sto newcastle tora, menw edo k exo kanei aitiseis se panepistimia edo giro k perimenw apadiseis! idi me aperipsan apo to 1, perimenw alla 4!
    Esy ti kaneis ?? pos ise? pos einai i zoi sou k pos paei i sxoli??
    xxxxx

Iro mou se euxaristw poli re!!! pou exeis xathei esi? ti kaneis?

H moni mu parigoria apo tis stenaxories einai h pizza.kai ta skordopswma.

XRONIA POLLA AGAPH MOUUUUU!!!!!

I think i have worked out the last one to be about a football team based in Thessaloniki haha... but I'm very confused about the rest. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Cheers!
  2. safe1 said:

Quote Originally Posted by englishboy! View Post
    agapi muuu kala ime! esi??
    ime sto newcastle tora, menw edo k exo kanei aitiseis se panepistimia edo giro k perimenw apadiseis! idi me aperipsan apo to 1, perimenw alla 4!
    Esy ti kaneis ?? pos ise? pos einai i zoi sou k pos paei i sxoli??
    xxxxx

Iro mou se euxaristw poli re!!! pou exeis xathei esi? ti kaneis?

H moni mu parigoria apo tis stenaxories einai h pizza.kai ta skordopswma.

XRONIA POLLA AGAPH MOUUUUU!!!!!
    Hi, here is the most exact translation:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "My love/dear (my comment: could mean both "love" or "dear") , i am ok! how are you?
    I am at Newcastle now, i live here and i've done applications at the universities that are around and,i wait for their answers! I've been already rejected from 1 of them but i wait for an answer from the other 4!
    What are you doing ?? How are you? How is your life and how are you doing with your school
    (my comment: i don't know if she/he means university, college)
    xxxxxx (my comment: means he/she "smiles")

Iro (my comment: this looks like a Greek female name)
    thank you very much!!! Where have you been lost ? (my comment: he/she means that they have a long time to speak)
    how are you?

My only relief from sadness is pizza and garlic breads.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY (my comment: not exact translation - probably sends greetings for an orthodox person's name anniversary or for some other religion celebration e.g. christmas)
    MY LOVE/DEAR !!!! (my comment: could mean both love or dear)"
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope it helps.
    Last edited by safe1; 02-11-2011 at 03:40 PM.
  3. englishboy! said:

Thanks a lot for your help! I don't suppose you have any idea of an online translator that would help me? I still am unable to even identify the language properly!

BleakHeart said:

you can convert greeklish to greek here:

http://speech.ilsp.gr/greeklish/greeklishdemo.asp <--- it's a demo, so you have to use small texts each time.

And then you can translate to english with google translate.
    "I have fear for nothing and I have hope for nothing, I am, therefore, free."

Nikos Kazantzakis
  5. englishboy! said:

Cool, thank you very much! I hadn't ever even heard of Greeklish haa ¬.¬