Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,723 Times in 1,309 Posts

Still like this band and their songs..Not sure if I like this song or video (especially guitarist's frilly shirt ) more though.

Model - Pembe Mezarlık

Thanks

The guys' haircuts are too much "emo-vampiric" for my taste but the song is fine! Thanks Milena and good to see you here again!

Thanks

I heard this version in the end of a Turkish movie (Entelköy Efeköy'e Karşı) and fell in love at first listening. A simply proof of Tarkan's great voice and vocal abilitiy imo. Perfect lyrics.

Tarkan - Kara Toprak

Thanks

Another cool voice and fortunately he doesn't growl this time.

Hayko Cepkin - Yeni Bir Gün (Kurtalan Ekspres 2011, a Barış Manço cover)

Tyrannosaurus Regina partizanka's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Milena View Post
    Another cool voice and fortunately he doesn't growl this time.
    He heard my prayers! This was really good, I'd never heard it before. Thank you.
    I also liked Tarkan's version of Kara Toprak a lot. I'm guessing he would win in a battle against maNga and Kurban.
    "" Nice music, especially.

My newest fascination:
    Multitap- Ci (Thank you to a vampire for translating. (: And Milena, here you can hear if it's similar to their first album. This song, at least, is quite different.)

non mi avrete mai come volete voi
    mirno spavaj sestro.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by partizanka View Post
    He heard my prayers! This was really good, I'd never heard it before. Thank you.
    Great timing of him to "calm down"! I didn't listen to other covers from that album (except Emre Aydın's Dağlar Dağlar cover - which I also liked) and even the original version ama bence hakkını vermiş şarkının Hayko.

I also liked Tarkan's version of Kara Toprak a lot. I'm guessing he would win in a battle against maNga and Kurban.
    "" Nice music, especially.
    Glad you liked this one too. I think he would also win against Duman.

My newest fascination:
    Multitap- Ci (Thank you to a vampire for translating. (: And Milena, here you can hear if it's similar to their first album. This song, at least, is quite different.)
    Now that was really different. I especially liked the music and lyrics. (Especially "Yere düştüğüm gibi kalk ve dövüş / Olma kaderci" part.)

Thanks

Great timing of him to "calm down"! I didn't listen to other covers from that album (except Emre Aydın's Dağlar Dağlar cover - which I also liked) and even the original version ama bence hakkını vermiş şarkının Hayko.
    I'm glad he finally took his own advice!
    I just found the album, I'm curious to hear Ogün's cover also. I didn't listen yet to Emre's either.

I found something just now and it made me so excited. Öztürk has a new song and new album soon. And then I listened to it. And then I wasn't so excited anymore. I'll put it here so I don't forget about it. Maybe it will just take me some time. Years, possibly.

Öztürk - Bu Elveda

P.S. I'm really happy you liked the Multitap song. All 3 of you.
    mirno spavaj sestro.

Thanks

I found something just now and it made me so excited. Öztürk has a new song and new album soon. And then I listened to it. And then I wasn't so excited anymore. I'll put it here so I don't forget about it. Maybe it will just take me some time. Years, possibly.

Öztürk - Bu Elveda

P.S. I'm really happy you liked the Multitap song. All 3 of you.
    Hmmmm, Musically TrueTurk's song is actually good (I like the way it develops from the verse through the bridge to chorus), only it demands a more powerful (and slightly Reddish or Gripinish, perhaps) and less goaty vocals.
    I'd love to hear this song in Emre's interpretation, he'd make it sound great!

Thanks for posting!

Thanks

Öztürk - Bu Elveda

I've almost forgotten him. (Couldn't watch Van İçin Rock) You know I don't like him as much as you, so my expectations weren't that high - but still kind of disappointed. And I agree with Paul Orhan, somehow his vocal style sounded monotonous to me.

--------------

My latest favourite. I could have posted this in "What Are You Listening To Right Now?", "Song Recommendations", or "Songs You're Obsessed With" threads but Gece's last album, this song and video is still new for me anyway. I think this is much better than "Ben Öldüm". (the only other single I know from new album) Even though some parts remind me of an older song...

Gece - Yarım

Thanks

My latest favourite. I could have posted this in "What Are You Listening To Right Now?", "Song Recommendations", or "Songs You're Obsessed With" thread but Gece's last album, this song and video is still new for me anyway. I think this is much better than "Ben Öldüm". (the only other song I know from new album) Even though some parts remind me of an older song...

Gece - Yarım

This is much more Öztürk than Mr Öztürk himself

Love it! Great song

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Orhan View Post
    Hmmmm, Musically TrueTurk's song is actually good (I like the way it develops from the verse through the bridge to chorus), only it demands a more powerful (and slightly Reddish or Gripinish, perhaps) and less goaty vocals.
    I'd love to hear this song in Emre's interpretation, he'd make it sound great!

Thanks for posting!
    You're welcome! But goaty vocals? How did you know he was a Capricorn? Interesting, "goaty" is how I always thought of Shakira's vocals.
    But I agree...his voice isn't the best, but that's not so important for me as for you, perhaps. And just about anything would sound better if Mr. Doğan Duru does it.

This is much more Öztürk than Mr Öztürk himself
    Ej?

I've almost forgotten him. (Couldn't watch Van İçin Rock) You know I don't like him as much as you, so my expectations weren't that high - but still kind of disappointed. And I agree with Paul Orhan, somehow his vocal style sounded monotonous to me.
    From now on, I'll also keep my expectations low. =D

My latest favourite. I could have posted this in "What Are You Listening To Right Now?", "Song Recommendations", or "Songs You're Obsessed With" threads but Gece's last album, this song and video is still new for me anyway. I think this is much better than "Ben Öldüm". (the only other single I know from new album) Even though some parts remind me of an older song...

Gece - Yarım
    This is a nice song, defo nicer than my disappointing one, but Gece's new album is still taking time for me to get used to. I still like their debut better. Did you hear the whole album yet? Bana Bir Şarkı Söyle is a good one, if you didn't hear it.
    mirno spavaj sestro.

Thanks

You're welcome! But goaty vocals? How did you know he was a Capricorn? Interesting, "goaty" is how I always thought of Shakira's vocals.
    But I agree...his voice isn't the best, but that's not so important for me as for you, perhaps. And just about anything would sound better if Mr. Doğan Duru does it.
    Oh Mr Doğan Duru is unique! You're so right about Shakira LOL!
    What about Kuzu vokalleri then?

I had absolutely no idea he was a Capricorn .
    But that actually makes for a very interesting and difficult mix - A Capricorn Turk! Vay! Just try to crack this tough nut!

Quote Originally Posted by Turkeyzanka
    Ej?
    I meant the way that Gece sang was more or real Turkish in style than that of Mr Öz-türk

Quote Originally Posted by Low Profile Gaal?
    From now on, I'll also keep my expectations low. =D
    Nnnnnooo, nnnnoooooo, You musn't do that! Keep your expectations High UP, after all we're talking about Turkish music, right? Noblesse oblige!
    Last edited by Paul Orhan; 12-21-2011 at 02:21 PM.

Thanks

This is a nice song, defo nicer than my disappointing one, but Gece's new album is still taking time for me to get used to. I still like their debut better.
    Maybe it's because their debut album was produced by Mr Candemir HimSelf????

Thanks

This is a nice song, defo nicer than my disappointing one, but Gece's new album is still taking time for me to get used to. I still like their debut better. Did you hear the whole album yet? Bana Bir Şarkı Söyle is a good one, if you didn't hear it.
    I didn't hear the whole album yet, that's why I had to compare it to Ben Öldüm. (I didn't even listen to their debut album. I may have heard some other singles but didn't really call my attention. Except Gamsız, of course) Thanks for the recommendation, I really liked Bana Bir Şarkı Söyle.

-------

I just saw that Ogün Sanlısoy released a new video. Again, this is not a new song but I like his cover a lot. partizanka, I don't know if his last album grew on you (Btw the guy in skirt is still over there! ) but I realized that I even like his Hayko-ish vocals near the end.

Ogün Sanlısoy - Anma Arkadaş

Thanks

I heard this version in the end of a Turkish movie (Entelköy Efeköy'e Karşı) and fell in love at first listening. A simply proof of Tarkan's great voice imo. Perfect lyrics.

Tarkan - Kara Toprak
    Epic song is by epic singer..Great..

@partizanka
    i hear them first time..But they have great voice,thanks sharing.
    i mean multitap

@milena
    Song and video is looking diffrent..I mean Video is not suited to lyrics
    talking for gece yarım.
    Last edited by ertunga; 12-22-2011 at 11:10 AM.

Thanks

I just saw that Ogün Sanlısoy released a new video. Again, this is not a new song but I like his cover a lot. partizanka, I don't know if his last album grew on you (Btw the guy in skirt is still over there! )

You and your amazing memory! Was Ogün wearing a skirt in this one too? Very nice look. From that album I still like most Son Kez and Dikenli Menzil, but the album did grow on me. I haven't listened to it in a while, thanks for reminding me!
    I forgot, did you hear Umut Kaya's cover of Anma Arkadaş?

ertunga: I'm glad you liked Multitap.

Paul: Actually I have no idea if he is Capricorn. My stalking skills are a little lacking. But I'm willing to learn. :P
    mirno spavaj sestro.

Thanks

@ Parti: He's Cancer It's just turned out that I've got one of his albums at home! It's titled "Vasiyet" <<-- Have you heard this one? (sorry if this sounds a rather ridiculous question to be asked )

Thanks

@ Parti: He's Cancer It's just turned out that I've got one of his albums at home! It's titled "Vasiyet" <<-- Have you heard this one? (sorry if this sounds a rather ridiculous question to be asked )
    You do?!? Why?
    Vasiyet is definitely my favourite album of his; unfortunately I seem to have lost my original of it and can't find it to buy again.
    That album was co-written by Kurban's Deniz Yılmaz and also has some production by Hayko Cepkin. But even sans those two lovely lads, İ really love that album.

P.S. Please send me your copy of the cd.
    mirno spavaj sestro.

Thanks

Was Ogün wearing a skirt in this one too? Very nice look.
    Haha, I focused on bas guitarist so much that I've just realized Ogün's inspiration.

I forgot, did you hear Umut Kaya's cover of Anma Arkadaş?
    I (just) listened to it and didn't like it as much as Ogün's version maybe coz I really expect something new from him. :P

@ertunga: I didn't really realize that, I liked the video, coz to me it's like a short movie and acting is very realistic.

Thanks

I (just) listened to it and didn't like it as much as Ogün's version maybe coz I really expect something new from him. :P
    Yes, Umut, we are waiting. Don't lose "hope" Milena.

This isn't a single but new-ish one I am listening to is:
    84- Kendime Yalan Söyledim (Milena, did you hear this or any more from their newer album?)

I think their latest video is this one, also not bad: Şimdi Hayat http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMv_zXeg9bY&ob=av2e

Paul, thank you, really!
    P.S. About "kuzu vokalleri"...haha, do you know the American singer Jewel?
    Last edited by partizanka; 12-28-2011 at 10:09 AM.
    mirno spavaj sestro.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast