Moldovan video help

Thread: Moldovan video help

Tags: None
  1. Eudaimon said:

Default Moldovan video help

This Moldovan mixes up Romanian and Russian words, and while the latter I do understand, I'd be grateful if anyone posts the rest of his text
    (Translation not necessary).
    Thanks!

2. Crisa said:

I'll give it a try

Şi eu beau de atāta că vreau să mă răslaghesc. Toată săptamāna nu beu, numai duminica , sāmbăta sara şi duminică zāua, da mai mult nu .

???? care nici nu lucrează ,???? da eu şi la lucru mă duc . Pot să beau aşa, radio vajinia ??.

Mă duc la un om acolo, nu m-am văzut de mult, pot să beau cāte o bere ???? Dar aşa permanent să nu poti ieşi din ????????? N-ar zăce asta, n-ar zāce asta . Cine o zās eu nu ştiu , ????? acel care o zās asta poate ???? pe dānsul .
    Eu n-aş zāce ca moldovenii beau aşa de mult , se poate acolo la un praznic
    ????? de jin ?????? ai jucat o carte duminica , sāmbata sau te-ai uitat la televizor.

Well that's what I could understand from what he's saying. And I wrote the words as he pronounce them , not how they are grammatically correct

3. Eudaimon said:

Thanks a lot!
    I tried to guess what he was saying, too. Could youplease chack guesses and translations?

Şi eu beau de atāta că vreau să mă răslaghesc = And I drink as much as I need to relax
    Toată săptamāna nu beu, numai duminica, sāmbăta sara şi duminică zāua, da mai mult nu = I don't drink all the week, only Sunday, Saturday evening and Sunday afternoon, but not more.

Smatrea (смотря) şi cum = It depends on how to do it
    (some syllable sounding like vez)
    Pot sunt alcogolici (алкоголик) care beu şi nici nu lucrează = There may be alcoholics who drink and don't work
    Da licino (лично) eu şi la lucru mă duc şi pot să beau aşa radi uvajenia (ради уваженья) = But I personally both go to work and can drink as a sign of respect
    Mă duc la un om acolo, nu m-am văzut de mult, pot să beau cāte o bere sau ?? sau ?? = I usually go to a man there, I haven't seen much, they can drink a beer or ?? or ?? each.
    Da aşa permanent nu = But not constantly
    Că s-īntri-n butālcă (бутылка) să nu poti să ieşi din butālcă nu trebuie = You shouldn't get into the bottle so that you cannot get out of the bottle (Wow, I'm proud to make it out - if only my guess is right).

N-ar zāce, n-ar zāce asta = I wouldn't say that
    Cine o zās eu nu ştiu, (unu la aces cāte o poate??? - just a guess, though these words don't seem to make sense) = I don' know who said that, (???)
    Acel care o zās asta poate sudit (судит) pe dānsul, da eu n-aş zāce ca moldovenii beau aşa de mult = The one who said that probably judges by himself, but I wouldn't say Moldovans drink that much.
    Se poate acolo la un praznic = Maybe on holiday
    ????? de jin ?????? ai jucat o carte duminica, sāmbata sau te-ai uitat la televizor = ? (well, the idea is that you can drink wine, play cards or watch TV at weekends)
    Last edited by Eudaimon; 02-18-2011 at 02:54 PM.

4. Crisa said:

Şi eu beau de atāta că vreau să mă răslaghesc = And I drink as much as I need to relax (I don't know what răslăghesc means ,sorry , I think it's a regionalism)

Toată săptamāna nu beu, numai duminica, sāmbăta sara şi duminică zāua, da mai mult nu = I don't drink all the week, only Sunday, Saturday evening and Sunday afternoon, but not more.

Smatrea (смотря) şi cum = It depends on how to do it
    (some syllable sounding like vez)
    Pot sunt alcogolici (алкоголик) care beu şi nici nu lucrează = There may be alcoholics who drink and don't work
    Da licino (лично) eu şi la lucru mă duc şi pot să beau aşa radi uvajenia (ради уваженья) = But I personally both go to work and can drink as a sign of respect
    Mă duc la un om acolo, nu m-am văzut de mult, pot să beau cāte o bere sau ceia sau cealalta = I usually go to a man there, I haven't seem him for a long time, I can drink a beer or something else.

Da aşa permanent nu = But not constantly
    Că s-īntri-n butālcă (бутылка)si să nu poti să ieşi din butālcă nu trebuie = You shouldn't get into the bottle so that you cannot get out of the bottle (Wow, I'm proud to make it out - if only my guess is right).(I think he tries to say that you can drink but not too much so you can leave on your feet home )

N-ar zāce, n-ar zāce asta = I wouldn't say that
    Cine o zās eu nu ştiu unu la ce se gandea, acel ce o zas asta poate - I don't know who said that , I don't know what the one who said that was thinking

Acel care o zās asta poate sudit (судит) pe dānsul, da eu n-aş zāce ca moldovenii beau aşa de mult = The one who said that probably judges by himself, but I wouldn't say Moldovans drink that much (what sudit means ?)

Se poate acolo la un praznic = It could happen (the drinking ) on a burial feast (is a tradition to serve traditional drink in the memory of the one that has passed away and some over-drink )

Un ulcior de jin sau un izvar de cate ori ai jucat o carte duminica, sāmbata sau te-ai uitat la televizor -A glass of wine or ???? I don't know what izvar means (ulcior is a regionalism/ archaism for glass) every time you played cards on Sunday or Saturday , or when you watched tv.

Well I guess you understand now. It's hard for me to understand the accent as I've never spoke with a Moldavian

5. Eudaimon said:

Ho ho ho, so we seem to have made it clear together! (Except for the mysterious izvar).
    sudit = judges. Also, in Russian, praznic means a holiday, so we can only guess what language did he use at the moment in question
    As of getting in and out the bottle, I think it's just a metaphor of drinking constantly and heavily and being unable to give up.
    Being aware of Moldavian shift [b] -> [g] (like "ghine"), I thought that răslaghesc originates from Russian расслабиться (written rasslabitisea, pronounced raslabiţă, iţă being verb ending).
    Quote Originally Posted by Crisa View Post
    It's hard for me to understand the accent as I've never spoke with a Moldavian
    Well, and as of me, I sort of "learned" (which is far from completion, of course) Romanian by Pavel Stratan's songs, so you could say I learned Moldavian instead of Romanian, like Jacques Paganel

6. Nere said:

izvar is red wine with black pepper and honey, and it sounds extremely good

edit: also, romanian friend said "Yeh, we HARDLY use it here....means to calm down Eu mă răslăghesc = Eu mă calmez = I cool (or calm) Myself down..."

Last edited by Nere; 02-19-2011 at 12:40 AM.

7. Crisa said:

@Eudaimon : glad I could help. So you're a fan of Pavel Stratan's song ? And I haven't knew that praznic is a russian word

@Nere:is izvar a slavic word? and surely it tastes good

And thanks for clarifying the răslăghesc word . I've never heard this word before . It's not used in this region From what part of Romania is your friend ?

8. Nere said:

i'm not sure of the etymology of the word izvar, i googled it. it does sound like it's of russian origin, though.

she's from bucharest. i know she'd mentioned having moldovan friends before though, so i figured she'd be good to ask. i didn't ask her if she could understand all of what the guy said, though, and now i wonder that myself

it always strikes me when i watch romanian videos how fast you speak it can be hard to even follow it with the script sat in front of me.

9. Crisa said:

@Nere :We don't speak fast . It it said that the Transylvanians speak the slowest than the people from the other regions