Quote Originally Posted by Paul Orhan View Post
    Frankly?
    No

Ayiiiiim come help your carole

Tyrannosaurus Regina partizanka's Avatar
    Thanks

Frankly?
    Didn't like any of the versions (SilverMoon effect or what?).
    (side note: both videos show a very narcissistic side of both acts, which doesn't help...)
    Since I don't care too much who wins here I vote for Carole so as to make the voting more exciting At least she's not a clone of the best known Turkish mega star LOL

Carole - 1
    Emir - 1
    Why Hello New Student. I watched both, thinking just what you said...these "oh, look how cute I am" videos do not help. But actually I sort of liked both of these versions. I had to listen to them twice...I think the songs were cute.

But, in the end, I'm going with Viva's vote too, so

Carole-1
    Emir-2

Sade

Quote Originally Posted by partizanka View Post
    Why Hello New Student. I watched both, thinking just what you said...these "oh, look how cute I am" videos do not help. But actually I sort of liked both of these versions. I had to listen to them twice...I think the songs were cute.
    I agree about the videos, (honestly) it hurt my eyes to watch Emir's video. I also liked both versions (and I had to listen to them three times to decide ). I like Emir's version more...I think the female voice in the background sounded nice.

Carole-1
    Emir-3

Thanks

But actually I sort of liked both of these versions. I had to listen to them twice...I think the songs were cute.
    You leave me no choice, Canim, I'll have to report this to the Kurban Management. Expect some severe sanctions

The world must be coming to an end if even Parti likes the pop songs that I have rejected !

Thanks

Why Hello New Student
    I wonder if you mean:

SilverMoon Academy for Tactfulness Arts (SMATA)
    or
    SilverMoon Academy for Critical Arts (SMACA)?

Thanks

You leave me no choice, Canim, I'll have to report this to the Kurban Management. Expect some severe sanctions

The world must be coming to an end if even Parti likes the pop songs that I have rejected !
    Ahhh Pasha, you should know not to mention any sort of punishment from Kurban...my mind goes to a very very bad place.

Oh and we still have
    Emir-3
    Carole-1

Thanks

Dearest Bosnian Chief!
    Tell me, please, when I can open the next battle.
    I've got something very nice and most importantly Sezen'siz
    Respectos!

Thanks

Dearest Bosnian Chief!
    Tell me, please, when I can open the next battle.
    I've got something very nice and most importantly Sezen'siz
    Respectos!
    Whenever you think the timing is right, go for it...I would be happy to have another present to listen to by the time I get home (approximately 4 hours from now), so please post it by then.
    I am eager to see your choice.
    Possible end result- Emir over Carole 3-1.

P.S.- I thank you and am behind you completely for your latest posts on Dedication thread...but I wanted those dedications to remain at the top until our friends in beautiful Iran will see them.

Thanks

P.S.- I thank you and am behind you completely for your latest posts on Dedication thread...but I wanted those dedications to remain at the top until our friends in beautiful Iran will see them.
    Kheyli mamnoon... There's no emoticon for "Tears Caused By Noble Souls" so I'm leaving this post ... sec.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,321 Times in 1,680 Posts

Whenever you think the timing is right, go for it...I would be happy to have another present to listen to by the time I get home (approximately 4 hours from now), so please post it by then.
    I am eager to see your choice.
    Possible end result- Emir over Carole 3-1.
    No no no!!! You cant close this battle until ayiim votes, I posted the carole sama7a song for him

Thanks

Don't worry, Sis!
    Waiting for our SilverScourge-of-God to vote!

Thanks

The next battle is between:

the CANADIAN ORIGINAL by Loreena McKennitt "Tango to Evora"

the GREEK COVER by Haris Alexiou "To tango tis Nefelis"

the TURKISH COVER by Nilüfer "Çok Uzaklarda"

And this time I'm gonna break the rule and ... shall vote last

Sade

oo very interesting choice Paul, I love this and will listen to them now.

This was harder than I thought, cos all three of them sounded really good to me. I love how Nil sings 'Birtanem' and it was nice to understand the lyrics, but in the end the Greek cover sounded better to me.
    Last edited by Sade; 03-01-2011 at 07:25 PM.

Thanks

I missed so many battles! But I'm the hero that comes late but determines destiny of the battle but I'm a bit early this time as I'm the first to vote

ROFL...He's impossible, that guy. But thank god he is not blunt at all...cos that would just be too tempestuous of him. :cool
    Thanks
    And about Masum Değiliz, as you are curious to know, I say that I like Şebnem's version more

About the present battle, my vote goes to Nilüfer. I don't like her much but she sounds so good, so soft in this song. I love it! And I dislike instrumental things, even though the original is not purely so.
    PooH, I'm so curious about your vote, please don't disappoint me!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SiLvEr_MooN View Post
    I missed so many battles! But I'm the hero that comes late but determines destiny of the battle but I'm a bit early this time as I'm the first to vote
    Sorry, Hero of the Battle, the lovely and heroic Sade was the first. Perhaps you should remove those dark glasses and see more clearly.
    I also really liked Nilüfer's vocals here...like you said she sounded so soft here...it appealed to me more than when her voice is so loud.
    And so, like Sade, it was hard for me to choose between those two at least. (I actually didn't like the original much.) But the music of the Greek version won for me...really nice and the voice was very soothing.

So...
    Haris Alexiou- 2
    Nilüfer- 1
    Loreena McKennitt- 0

And Paul, the middle finger might have been spot on...I think I really might be the tallest of them all!

Thanks

I'm here now. Well, , Mr. VERY LAZY wants to vote now. He wants to say hello to Partizanka the Great and her rebellious Premier Sade the Queen of butterflies. He wants to send his special regards to the Angelic Demon of this thread, Sezen's Defender Mr. Orhan.

Everyone knows about my vote, but I wanna announce it in a very audible tone:

MY VOTE GOES TO NILÜFER
    ***The translations have been done by Bijan Kardouni AKA veryclever1980***

ercmnt

here comes my vote:
    +1 Loreena McKennitt.
    Last edited by ercmnt; 03-02-2011 at 05:40 AM. Reason: to beat viva :P

Thanks
    Thanked 2,321 Times in 1,680 Posts

Bijan you're biased

The perfect music for my mood right now, I liked them all to be honest but I think my favourite was the first, canadian original

Haris Alexiou- 2
    Nilüfer- 2
    Loreena McKennitt- 2
    Last edited by VivaPalestina; 03-02-2011 at 05:15 AM. Reason: Ercu'cum beat me :D

Thanks

This is a HISTORIC voting, indeed! And what an interesting draw!

Before I vote let me say the following;

1. I'd be VeryGlad1970 to see some explanations for your votes in the next battles - it's always inspiring and expanding my vision to see the reasons behind your votes; sometimes it may point to some aspects I've totally neglected. Our NobleBosnianChief is all for it, too.

2. I have to admit that I had serious doubts about putting this battle for your voting 'cause all the versions are really close to each other. But then our little public here is mature enough to distinguish between the details and the voting so far proves it sooooo well. I'm very happy about it!

3. As you know all too well, I am (most probably) Poland's biggest fan of the Turkish music. I have to confess, however, that hearing songs sung in Greek always melts my heart - Greek when spoken sounds like some dog barking, but when sung it's pure poetry to my ears <3. However, not in this case, I'm afraid . I do wish my favourite Greek singer Alexis Protopsalti did a cover of this song...

4. Loreena's version is of classic proportions and very fragile. She's the author of the song so her rendition would always be a point of referrence.
    But even the author of the song admitted in one of her interviews that when she heard Nilüfer's cover she instantly had fallen in love with it.

5. I'm not Nilüfer's greatest fan, that's certain. She's over-dramatic to me most of the times (even more than Sezen ) although her voice is absolutely unique. In this cover, however, she subdued the dramatic part of her artistic personality and left this unmistakably Turkish mark on it - this warm and soft hüzün layer which always moves me so much...
    She's made this song her own and so my vote goes to Nilüfer!
    I do hope our SilverCritic is satisfied with me!

Results after Pooh's voting:

Nilüfer - 3
    Haris - 2
    Loreena - 2
    Last edited by Paul Orhan; 03-02-2011 at 06:28 AM.

Thanks

And ... am I not a Very""Well""Versed""Paul???
    LOL
    Last edited by Paul Orhan; 03-02-2011 at 06:47 AM.

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast