Miscellaneous (not lyrics) Spanish <-> English Translations

Thread: Miscellaneous (not lyrics) Spanish <-> English Translations

Tags: None

VivaPalestina said:

Quote Originally Posted by momper View Post
    Muy agradecido. ¿Por qué no se dice "happens"? ¿Se trata del subjuntivo de "to happen"?
    No se por que

bedroomeyes said:

Muy agradecido. ¿Por qué no se dice "happens"? ¿Se trata del subjuntivo de "to happen"?
    Diría que sí. No se usa tanto en inglés como en español.
    The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.
    -Albert Einstein

bedroomeyes said:

¿Cómo se traduce "to" en esta frase?

Rayanna continued the guerrilla war to 1829 until his capture in vain.

Muchas gracias.
    Creo que es: "...hasta 1829 cuando..." But don't quote me. Me suena extraña la frase.
    -Albert Einstein

4. gustar said:

hello everyone,can you help me translate the spanish word "celele" into english?

maybe the word"celele" is used in latinoamerica

songlover26 said:

Can Anyone Translate this to English
    Attached Images
    Tum takalluf ko hii iKhlaas samajhate ho 'Faraz'
    dost hotaa nahii.n har haath milaane vaalaa - [Ahmed Faraz]

bedroomeyes said:

Quote Originally Posted by songlover26 View Post
    Can Anyone Translate this to English
    A little boy asked his father,
    "how big is God?"
    Then, looking up at the sky, his father saw a plane and
    asked him, "how big does that plane look to you?"

The boy answered,
    "it's small, I can hardly see it."

His father then took him to the airport and
    while up close to an airplane, he asked again,
    "and now, how big did you say it was?"

The boy answered, awestruck, "Daddy, it's enormous!"
    The father then said, "That's how it is with God; his size
    will depend on the distance between you and Him.

The closer you are to God,
    The greater He will be in your life."
    -Albert Einstein

7. Erito said:

Is this part of the forum still active? I haven't been here in ages. I was looking at some lyrics when I saw a translation by citlali and I remembered the days at the forum.
    Thou art I and I am thou

8. momper said:

Ayuda, por favor. En azul están marcadas las partes que no comprendo bien (pongo todo el párrafo para contextualizar), muchas gracias:

We had a very nice time at Fannie Gaylord’s party and a splendid supper. Lucilla Field laughed herself almost to pieces when she found on going home that she had worn her leggins all the evening. We had a pleasant walk home but did not stay till it was out. Some one asked me if I danced every set and I told them no, I set every dance.

bedroomeyes said:

Ayuda, por favor. En azul están marcadas las partes que no comprendo bien (pongo todo el párrafo para contextualizar), muchas gracias:

We had a very nice time at Fannie Gaylord’s party and a splendid supper. Lucilla Field laughed herself almost to pieces when she found on going home that she had worn her leggins all the evening. We had a pleasant walk home but did not stay till it was out. Some one asked me if I danced every set and I told them no, I set every dance.
    Lo que se me ocurre es que: did not stay till it was out se refiere a "evening"... did not stay till [the evening] was out (hasta que terminara la tarde).

"Set" tiene varios significados; en la primera frase sería como cada canción o grupo de canciones y la segunda la interpreto como que el autor define cada baile. Es un juego de palabras por cierto difícil de traducir.
    -Albert Einstein

10. momper said:

Ahora tiene sentido, gracias por encenderme la luz.

11. momper said:

Hola, necesito ayuda con esta expresión en rojo.

Azam Shah was still alive, when a whirl of dust winded towards him from the army of Shah Alam. From this now issued with a select band the Princes Azimu-sh Shahn, Muizzu-din, etc.

Muchas gracias.

12. dreambig said:

Quote Originally Posted by citlalli View Post
    Dicen que los espanoles hablan mucho y yo creo que es verdad. It is said Spaniards speak a lot, and I think it's true. Por ejemplo, en el medico. For example, at the doctor's office. Cuando la gente va al medico y se sienta en la sala de espera empieza a ponerse nerviosa, mira a su alrededor, coge revistas, las vuelve a dejar en su sitio y cuando por fin ve a otra persona que le dirige la mirada, comienza la conversacion: When people go to the doctor and sit down in the waiting room, they start getting nervous, looking around, taking magazines, putting them back in their place, and when at last they see another person looking at them, the conversation starts: 'Que dia tan feo hace hoy, no? Si, si, es verdad. - Y usted, por que esta aqui? - Pues ya ve, que con este tiempo una está siempre resfriada'. What an ugly day is today, isn't it? -Yes, yes, it's true. -And you? why are you here? -You know, with this weather one always catches a cold.' Lo mismo pasa en los ascensores. No se puede compartir un ascensor sin hablar de algo; para empezar y por educacion: The same happens in lifts. It's not possible to share a lift without talking of something; to start with and out of education:' A que piso va? - Ah, al segundo, yo conozcoal senor Martinez, del segundo B' 'Which floor? -The second one. -Ah, I know Mr. Martínez, from 2B.' Estoy seguro de que si vosotros venís a Espana, enseguida os preguntaran de donde sois, que hacéis, donde vivís, si os gusta Espana etc. I'm sure that if you ever come to Spain, people will immediately ask you where you are from, what you do (for a living), where you live, whether you like Spain, etc.
    Can you tell me why it is "las vuelve" and not "las vuelven"

13. dreambig said:

Why would we use "las vuelve" and not "las vuelven"

14. momper said:

"Cuando la gente va al medico y se sienta en la sala de espera empieza a ponerse nerviosa, mira a su alrededor, coge revistas, las vuelve a dejar en su sitio...".

"Vuelve" agrees with "gente" (singular): la gente vuelve a dejar las revistas en su sitio.

15. dreambig said:

"Cuando la gente va al medico y se sienta en la sala de espera empieza a ponerse nerviosa, mira a su alrededor, coge revistas, las vuelve a dejar en su sitio...".

"Vuelve" agrees with "gente" (singular): la gente vuelve a dejar las revistas en su sitio.
    Hmm Muchas gracias