Help translating a short text from Spanish to English

Thread: Help translating a short text from Spanish to English

Tags: None

AnnaFoster said:

Question Help translating a short text from Spanish to English

Buenos días!

Aquí está:

Hoy no fue un día bueno para los músicos méxicanos.... Estás seguro que quieres ser famoso?! Today wasn't a good day for Mexican musicians. Are you sure you want to be famous?!

Y eso porque? Y claro que quiero tener poder, si no es de un modo de otro.
    I get the gist of this, but would like a native to translate it. I'm curious how "y eso porque" would translate in this case.

Also, is it correct to say 'de un modo de otro'? I found 2 other versions: 'de un modo u otro' & 'de un modo o de otro'

Gracias!
    Last edited by AnnaFoster; 03-21-2011 at 09:12 AM.

baby_girl_ said:

Y eso porque? Y claro que quiero tener poder, si no es de un modo de otro. / And why is that? Of course I want to have power, one way or another.

AnnaFoster said:

Thank you! Not sure if I should start a new thread. Would you be able to help me with this: "Your determination & ambition are 2 of the things I like most about you." My attempt: Tu determinación y ambición son dos de las cosas que me gustan más sobre de ti.

4. rizzymunchy said:

hello just popped on to see if there is anyone that can give me help with translating a short audio file from spanish to english , much appreciated if you can , send me a private message if you can . gracias xxx