Rainy Day

Thread: Rainy Day

Tags: None
  1. RobberBaron said:

Default Rainy Day

I wrote this to prove a point, but I just wanted to save it somewhere. It's not actually done yet, but I just wanted to see if you liked the chorus (as the verse is a shame to words).
    Like someone who I've forgotten their name said, "don't worry if your lyrics are tacky, that happens for the first few songs".

This song is in E flat major.

Rainy Day - Copyright © RobberBaron Enterprises

Mm yeah,
    Maybe it's just a rainy day, yeah
    Mmm, maybe it's just a rainy day, yeah

When will it be all over?
    Cos my tears come crashing down
    And don't you make this a joke
    Cos I don't see no clown

I try so hard to get by
    But by the end of the day
    There's only one thing that I wanna hear from you
    One word you'll never say

I may not be a saint,
    But your promises are faint,
    What've I gotta do?

Because

You tied up my heart,
    And hid my soul away,
    You locked up all my dreams,
    And saved them for a rainy day

You took away the truth,
    And shaped my mind like clay,
    I wonder how this happened,
    Maybe it's just a rainy day
    Last edited by RobberBaron; 03-26-2011 at 02:02 PM. Reason: Changed (c) to ©

Katie13 said:

I like this a lot. I can hear someone singing it, even though I have no idea what the tune is. Is that wierd? Anyway, the lyrics are good, the feeling's there and it's just great. I would love to hear it

3. RobberBaron said:

That's not weird at all, I do that all the time XD I don't have a singer on hand, but if I made a recording of it on piano would you like to hear that?

Katie13 said:

Yes please!!
    "If you were me, then I'd be you, and if I were you, I'd hide somewhere faraway..."

5. RobberBaron said:

Okay, gimme a minute. I'll just play as much as I've written in lyrics. But be warned, it is very simplistic.

Katie13 said:

Sometimes simplistic is good.
    "If you were me, then I'd be you, and if I were you, I'd hide somewhere faraway..."

7. RobberBaron said:

I wasn't sure if I liked piano or guitar better.
    Sorry, my timing is terrible in some places but I am sleepy
    Piano: http://robberbaron.host.hk-diy.net/m...Soundtrack.mp3
    Guitar: http://robberbaron.host.hk-diy.net/m...dtrack%202.mp3

Katie13 said:

Hmm... I vote piano. It sounds lovely, it reallly does! Your timing's not that bad and I apologise for making you record when you're that tired :P
    Helps that it's slap bang in my range, of course. It's beautiful to sing, if that's any help.

9. RobberBaron said:

Wow, thank you You've made me want to hear you sing it now XD But don't feel like you have to just because I said that! Oh, I see according to your profile you're from England too. I was going somewhere with that sentence but I forgot where (yay).

Katie13 said:

Haha, maybe I will, maybe I won't Depends if my computers playing up and how bad my cold is tomorrow -_-
    Yeah, I'm in the Midlands And I hate it when you lose track of things too :P

11. Mon said:

This is nice, i really liked it with the piano.

Katie13 said:

Tried recording it. a) My voice is shot and sounds horrible, boo... b) My mic on my laptop is now officially the worst mic in the history of mics and c) the third line in you first stanza - there's too many notes for the words and I can't work out how it's meant to be sung and the line 'maybe it's just a rainy day' has a lot of syllables to fit in!

Apart from that, I'm still humming it [U]and[U] I have it stuck in my sister's head. She's loving it!

13. RobberBaron said:

The whole of the "maybe it's just a" fits on the E flat, then rainy is the two D's and, oh never mind XD
    I see what you mean about the third line, it would only really fit if you made it "jo-oh-oke", I'll see if I can do something.
    Tell your sister I say hi and thanks

14. android13 said:

No wonder in this virtually nearly-dead section of the forums there's 'so many' replies. This is good.

15. RobberBaron said:

Thanks

Katie13 said:

Quote Originally Posted by RobberBaron View Post
    The whole of the "maybe it's just a" fits on the E flat, then rainy is the two D's and, oh never mind XD
    I see what you mean about the third line, it would only really fit if you made it "jo-oh-oke", I'll see if I can do something.
    Tell your sister I say hi and thanks
    Wait, I get it!! That would work (yeah, I had to get someone to explain it to me :P)
    She says are you famous?

17. RobberBaron said:

Famous? Me? I don't think I'm old enough to be famous! Also, I'm a terrible singer
    Last edited by RobberBaron; 03-27-2011 at 08:54 AM.

Katie13 said:

Haha I refuse to believe that anyone is terrible at singing. It's just that they don't know how.

19. RobberBaron said:

Honestly, my range is like G to E, there aren't any songs in that small limit, and I'm always singing sharp.
    Anyway...

Katie13 said:

All you need is a good teacher. Mine managed to get someone who was totally tone deaf to actually sing in tune in six months. Trust me, anyone can sing!! But hey When your songs are as good as yours, maybe you don't need to sing!