Late 80s early 90s song

Thread: Late 80s early 90s song

Tags: None
  1. Cad said:

Default Late 80s early 90s song

Hello everyone,

I wonder if anyone can help me...I'm after a late 80s early 90s pop/rock song I used to like but only very vaguely remember it. This description is therefore vague also: the singer is male, there's a band with drums, guitar and bass in the background, and it sounds VERY SIMILAR to Beautiful Day by EELS. Same key, same 4 chords.
    The chorus sounds a bit like where eels say: 'Goddamn right it's a beautiful day,' except for the lyrics are more like 'Goddamn never if you never take the water by yourself' or something. I'm almost certain it says 'never' a few times.

No one will probably get it, but I thought I may as well try my luck.

Thank you - Cad

2. Claybricks said:

Quote Originally Posted by Cad View Post
    Hello everyone,

I wonder if anyone can help me...I'm after a late 80s early 90s pop/rock song I used to like but only very vaguely remember it. This description is therefore vague also: the singer is male, there's a band with drums, guitar and bass in the background, and it sounds VERY SIMILAR to Beautiful Day by EELS. Same key, same 4 chords.
    The chorus sounds a bit like where eels say: 'Goddamn right it's a beautiful day,' except for the lyrics are more like 'Goddamn never if you never take the water by yourself' or something. I'm almost certain it says 'never' a few times.

No one will probably get it, but I thought I may as well try my luck.

Thank you - Cad
    ??

The Aloof - Never Get Out Of The Boat {1991}

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GR4Qz3-PNo

Dan

3. Cad said:

Sorry Dan, that's nothing like it (it's a good song though!) I've made an mp3 in Fruityloops 4 which is as close as I can get it.

unknown.mp3