Afraid to say too scared to stay
    Couldn't even find a way
    To let it die in silent bliss
    Why did it end
    Why did it end
    Why did it end
    Why did it end like this

~ ~ ~

That's it this time around. I think I need to hibernate for a month, or maybe just get drunk as hell for 2-3 days
    Last edited by MoonRide*r*; 04-13-2011 at 03:52 AM. Reason: new title
    There is no glamour in sudden death, and nobody ever wins a war.
    :
    Rockers Unite! =>
    ROCK 'n' Roll Halls of Fame

Mixalopoulos said:

Get drunk as hell! It's Independance Day here in Greece, so I think I will join you!
    Ρεμπέτικο για πάντα. Μάγκες είμαστε.

3. Mon said:

Get drunk for a week.

MoonRide*r* said:

Hehe yeah, why not?
    Well the more often I read this the more I think it's not so bad. But mostly I know it needs at least 1-2 more verses. Maybe I'll "finish" this after my brain starts working again
    :
    Rockers Unite! =>

MoonRide*r* said:

PS, Mix, I feel bad that I wasn't in Greece to help with the celebration!! Maybe next year!

And PPS, thanks for reading and commenting guys
    :
    Rockers Unite! =>

6. Hugo Zhor said:

It has nice lines but as a whole thing you´re right it needs to hibernate for a month and them rework it. I used to do it with my lyrics.

7. RevolvingElk said:

Definitely not crap, you've got some really good sounding lines in there

Katie13 said:

Actually, I quite like this. I reckon you could make it work!
    I especially like this line In twilight mist a hidden kiss. Air of mystery and unknown. Love it.
    "If you were me, then I'd be you, and if I were you, I'd hide somewhere faraway..."

9. RobberBaron said:

"In echoes of pretend
    Then you said.. and I said..
    And the line went dead again"
    Love this bit

LyricsAngel said:

But nothing's left to cry about
    My well is dry you're down and out
    The pain and silence scream too loud
    There isn't any doubt
    Time has all run out
    How DARE YOU say this is crap? It's very good, like usually. However, I think you shouldn't focus on the rhymes so much, if it rhymes, it rhymes, if it doesn't, it doesn't. ....
    [Today] is the *tomorrow* you worried about ~yesterday~.Live for the ♥next day♥, not the ◘day before◘.

Nanashi said:

If you have those drinks, you will only come back to what you thought left behind. I hope writing drains out all those emotions. They certainly came through clearly and wonderfully. That is what is important, yes?

Come back to it when you are able and the words should have found you by then. I wish you the best. With love.

-Nanashi-

MoonRide*r* said:

After being away for more than a week I'm typing as fast as I can (lol) to say thanks so much all of you for the confidence boost, coz I really needed it

Nanashi my friend of course you're right, and in reality I never have more than 2 of anything, coz for one thing I know all too well how bad a hangover feels. But also as you pointed out, life is still there the day after, in all of its manifestations. AND I would feel like hell if I'd gotten drunk. So what's the point?

Oooh but wait wait wait, I just remembered, I dance a lot better after I've had a coupla brews or whatever. Seriously, that's everyone tells me!
    Love back Nanashi, I hope all is well with you.

Angel, yeah I do try to remember not to struggle with rhymes but, I dunno, the more I write the easier it gets. And that AMAZES me coz I used to have to try sooooo hard to write rhymes beyond 3rd-grade stuff. Anyway, as always I'm super-uber-glad that you thought this was worth posting

RB, the lines you quoted were the core of my thoughts for writing this one, so I'm really glad you liked that part!

Katie, last but not least, yes a heavy undertone of "twilight" mystery was important to me for this one. And honestly, not to make too big a deal about one little lyric but I'm really pleased that this one seems to be better than I thought, and it "spoke" just the way I wanted it to? I am sooooo happy now!

Just ... a better title ... still pondering, and maybe a better title would incite another verse or two .....
    :
    Rockers Unite! =>

13. RobberBaron said:

Hmm..title...Echoes of Pretend? Mystery of Us? Dead Again? I'm not sure, you could use something from the lyrics...
    Last edited by RobberBaron; 04-11-2011 at 03:34 AM.

MoonRide*r* said:

Echoes. Thanks muchies RB, I thought "Echoes of Pretend" was the best I could get from the lyrics themselves, but, even tho there are probably a thousand things titled "Echoes", I think that's what I'm gonna settle on. Now if I could just remember how to rename a topic ... ...
    :
    Rockers Unite! =>

15. RobberBaron said:

Go to edit, then click "Go Advanced". Lol, am I the only one who knows this?

MoonRide*r* said:

I've done it several times over the years, so all I can say is sometimes it's just not there. Like when I couldn't get my signature to work on another account, all the settings were correct and I didn't change anything. I logged off, logged back on 2-3 days later and my signature was showing. I haven't changed those settings in a year or more.

Sometimes I just think the Internet is melting down or cracking up (lol) coz of over-use or something. Like yesterday on youtube I Favorited and Liked a song 5-6 times, or more, and 3-4 hours later it still hadn't shown up on my channel's Recent Activities list. I even cleared browser cache (altho it's set to clear every time I close it) but that didn't work either.

As an IT guy sometimes I guess it could come from server replication latency or poor page-building performance or something. Or maybe the Internet just doesn't like me for some reason??? I just don't know
    :
    Rockers Unite! =>

17. RobberBaron said:

I too feel that the internet is falling into a decline of...something bad...

vBulletin may be a highly respected company, but they are a bit sloppy in some places, so it may just be that. They have so many unnecessary separate files, when in reality you could place all the information in just one file.

MoonRide*r* said:

Yeah I think fragmentation or modularity (in various aspects) is a big part of it, and it's getting more and more prevalent. I don't know vBulletin but I've admin'd various apps (and execs and db's), and of course subroutining and subtables have long been a 'good thing to do' but it can definitely be way overdone, coz then the I/O and arguments passing can get waaaay too busy ...

I just checked youtube, and 12 hours later my new Fav and Like are showing. Yay
    :
    Rockers Unite! =>

MoonRide*r* said:

Ooooh wait wait wait, the change you were talking about, that's not all that I wanted ... it used to be that we could change the Thread title too, and that's mostly what I wanted to do. But Advanced still doesn't give us the option (apparently) to do that. We can only change the title of an individual post. Or again so it appears to me ....
    :
    Rockers Unite! =>

20. RobberBaron said:

Weird, it worked for Katie and I.