trying to find a female artist from 70s to the 90s some please help meee!

Thread: trying to find a female artist from 70s to the 90s some please help meee!

Tags: female artist, sexy song, war song
  1. metalommateal said:

Unhappy trying to find a female artist from 70s to the 90s some please help meee!

i heard this song or songs on the same tape.

song is by female singer, gunshots begin the song, its older and not rap.
    the gunshots are from a machine gun, sounds like war fare maybe even bombs are droping, and i think this song was maybe about war but i cant remember. most of the songs where pretty sensual or sexy i beleave.

it may not be the same song but i know she sings one about being in the sheets or something like that and i think something about cigeretes or smoking? it was sensual, i heard it on a regular old school AB tape around 95'ish so i was 8 years old and cant remember much other than i adored it, so the artist and tape are befor that tho i cant say exactly how OLD. id like to find all the songs from that tape, but particularly who IS the artist and song/songs im describing. any help would be greatly appreciated as iv been looking since i was 8 years old haha.

2. metalommateal said:

Exclamation need to find this artist from the 70s to the 90s, help me figure out who she is.

they are deff too differant songs, the one starting with the machine guns and war sounds and the one where shes singing about love or something about sheets and cigeretes or smoke between the sheets? both songs where on the same tape.

i think the war one was slower and kinda of ambient singing or sadish singing with chorus type of sound maybe, but this has been many years so i could be wrong. im like 60% sure the machine guns at the begining one was about "war" in some way or she might even say somthing about bombs in it. please people help me out here this is making me go insane. i MUST find this person and these songs. as i mentioned befor i heard them on tape and i think the tape way grey or dark. and her name was on it im pretty sure. but no fancy letters or anything.
    Last edited by metalommateal; 04-19-2011 at 11:12 AM.

3. pianoman74 said:

it may not be the same song but i know she sings one about being in the sheets or something like that and i think something about cigeretes or smoking?
    Uh, I feel I'm on the wrong track, but WTH...a stab in the dark...

Kim Carnes - Crazy In The Night (Barking At Airplanes) ?
    (it went "...when I hide down in the covers and I won't turn out the light ... ")

It's not about war and fear of getting bombed as such, but I think it's quite a similar situation of being scared to death (ghosts + demons I think)..and those "covers" are indeed those from a bed...
    Last edited by pianoman74; 04-19-2011 at 11:38 AM.

4. metalommateal said:

vary dark haha =P

the girls voice no where near that, its much softer or soothing or sexy or something, all i have is this vary hazzy recolection of it being music baha. sometimes i think i hear it in my head. to me it sounds like shes younger and not raspy at all like your suggestion. but thank you, any more people who have an idea please shout it out i will be checking this consistantly. remember the biggest clue i know FOR SURE is the one song starts with machine guns fireing and theres possibly some war sounds (bombs or radio emisions) <tho im only certain theres guns. than it fades away and her/music starts i presume. but yet agin thank you for trying for me! and ppl keep em coming, im desperate to find this.

Mixalopoulos said:

Kate Bush - Army Dreamers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOZDKlpybZE
    Ρεμπέτικο για πάντα. Μάγκες είμαστε.

6. metalommateal said:

haha not kate bush, tho that was a neat song. thank you, her voice is warmer i beleave. blaa its soo hard, i wish i could just pull it out of where ever it is in my head. kate bush was closer tho.
    Last edited by metalommateal; 04-19-2011 at 10:49 AM.

7. metalommateal said:

anyone els got ideas?

8. Claybricks said:

Quote Originally Posted by metalommateal View Post
    anyone els got ideas?
    Do you remember any of the songs from the tape?

Dan

9. metalommateal said:

not any of the names, just the foggy discriptions i have posted so far.

10. metalommateal said:

any more ideas?