English translation..."Quando"...Laura Pausini

Thread: English translation..."Quando"...Laura Pausini

Tags: None

DR__ADEL said:

Default English translation..."Quando"...Laura Pausini

Tu dimmi quando, quando ......................................you tell me when, when
    dove sono i tuoi occhi e la tua bocca .......................where are ur eyes and ur mouth
    forse in Africa che importa. ....................................maybe in africa that cares

Tu dimmi quando, quando .......................................you tell me when , when
    dove sono le tue mani ed il tuo naso ........................where are ur hands and ur nose
    verso un giorno disperato ........................................towards a desperate day
    ma io ho sete .................................................. .......but i am thirsty
    ho sete ancora. .................................................. ....i am still thirsty

Tu dimmi quando, quando .......................................you tell me when , when
    non guardarmi adesso amore ..................................don't show me love now
    sono stanco .................................................. .........i am tired
    perché penso al futuro. ...........................................because i think about the future
    Tu dimmi quando, quando .......................................tell me when , when
    siamo angeli .................................................. ........we are angels
    che cercano un sorriso ...........................................who search for smiles
    non nascondere il tuo viso .....................................don't hide ur face
    perché ho sete, ho sete ancora. .............................because i am thirsty , i am still thirsty

E vivrò, sì vivrò .................................................. ...and i will live, yes will live
    tutto il giorno per vederti andar via .........................all the day to see u go away
    fra i ricordi e questa strana pazzia ..........................between the memorries and that strange madness
    e il paradiso, che non esiste ....................................and the paradise , that doesn't exist
    chi vuole un figlio non insiste. .................................who wants a son doesn't insist "i don't understand this sentence"

Tu dimmi quando, quando .....................................tell me when , when
    ho bisogni di te almeno un'ora ...............................i need u at least for an hour
    per dirti che ti odio ancora.....................................to tell u that i still hate you

Tu dimmi quando, quando ...................................tell me when , when
    lo sai che non ti avrò e sul tuo viso ........................u know that i won't have u and on ur face
    sta per nascere un sorriso ....................................a smile stays to be born
    ed io ho sete, ho sete ancora. .............................and i am thirsty , am still thirsty

E vivrò, sì vivrò
    tutto il giorno per vederti andare via
    fra i ricordi e questa strana pazzia
    e il paradiso, che non esiste
    chi vuole un figlio non insiste.
    ===============================================
    Last edited by DR__ADEL; 04-22-2011 at 02:35 PM.

Ligeia said:

forse in Africa che importa.
    maybe in Africa, who cares

non guardarmi adesso amore .
    don't look at me now love

chi vuole un figlio non insiste.
    With "insistere" he could mean "keep trying to have a child" or maybe even "keep asking over and over to try". So, i suppose the meaning of the sentence is "if you really want a child take it easy, it will happen sooner or later".

sta per nascere un sorriso
    A smile is raising on your face (means that very soon she'll start to smile)
    "stare per" means "to be about to/on the point of...", or something that is going to happen in a while.
    "Sta per piovere" - "it will rain shortly"
    "Sto per cambiare casa" - "i'm about to move into a new house" (it could be tomorrow or in a month, but it's still something that will be quite soon)
    "-Please tell me you're going to appeal to my humanity..."
    "-Actually, I'm planning to threaten you."

"Well, if you'll excuse me, I have work to do. Evil plots don't just make themselves, you know!"