Database error / Internal Server Error

Thread: Database error / Internal Server Error

Tags: None
  1. pianoman74 said:

Exclamation Database error / Internal Server Error

Hi there,

does anyone get a similar error when trying to directly access this sub-forum?

http://www.allthelyrics.com/forum/identify-it/

I have not been able to get the overview page for nearly the whole day.
    Last edited by pianoman74; 05-02-2011 at 06:34 PM.

Mixalopoulos said:

Yes, the same here. I have informed Mods, and they are aware of it.
    Ρεμπέτικο για πάντα. Μάγκες είμαστε.

Tahira said:

I have had the same message, but when I try it the 2nd time, it always works.
    I thought that my old computer is to blame, but now I know it is not.

4. pianoman74 said:

Quote Originally Posted by Mixalopoulos View Post
    Yes, the same here. I have informed Mods, and they are aware of it.
    Good, but it actually does not make much sense, since this problem must be fixed by an administrator!
    And I don't assume that a moderator can access this forum's separate administration area - normally only members of the Administrators user group can do that.

5. safe1 said:

I also get Database error when i try to access Greek Lyrics section....I don't know how to notify the moderators....
    The most charming creatures on this earth. The only women who can show what they feel and, they do feel.
    Stunning feeling...to just meet them.

Paul Orhan said:

Quote Originally Posted by pianoman74 View Post
    Good, but it actually does not make much sense, since this problem must be fixed by an administrator!
    And I don't assume that a moderator can access this forum's separate administration area - normally only members of the Administrators user group can do that.
    Ok, but MODs are here also to intervene in cases like this one, besides they're easier to access.

Anyways, the right address to submit any complaints would be: adm@allthelyrics.com

7. safe1 said:

Just an update...

I noticed today that if i am not logged in with my ATL account the database problem does not appear....Of course i cannot post anything as a visitor.

When i login and then try to access the "Greek Lyrics" section or the "identify it" section, the database error is there.....

If that helps the admins...
    The most charming creatures on this earth. The only women who can show what they feel and, they do feel.

8. pianoman74 said:

At least you've helped ME!
    Because I can keep the "Identify it" overview page open on Opera (as a guest user) and see what's new!
    And then I can answer on Firefox. It's really awkward, but I don't assume this problem will get fixed in one day...

"Bah, it's YOU who makes things awkward!" I hear you exclaim.
    "Because you could just use the search in order to look for threads updated by new posts from yesterday to now and save this search."

Well, good catch, but even this does NOT work.
    That's because searches get unique IDs which expire after awhile so you CANNOT "store/restore" searches by bookmarking them. Heck yeah, someone tried to be that clever some time before
    The only way out to circumvent this problem is to always retrigger the search.
    Last edited by pianoman74; 05-01-2011 at 09:38 PM.

Frankie Jasmine said:

@ pianoman74: Finally! Someone who writes almost [well ... maybe a fraction] as much as I do!

10. pianoman74 said:

Eh? Trying to be funny?!

See, that's why it's called trying. I'd only write that much if there's some more (or less) important information to add. That's why I WON'T accept your present tense ("who writes") for me - for it would imply that I'd do it regularly. Hell, no, I don't! Why that great hullabaloo about those mere 10 (TEN) lines, anyway?! Come on, don't be silly! Seen MANY more here ... hard to see for a "fresh(wo)man" like you, but trust me on this: within a year you'll agree with me!
    Last edited by pianoman74; 05-01-2011 at 09:47 PM.

11. safe1 said:

No solution from Admins yet?

Is it so complicated? It looks that only 2-3 specific sections have the problem....

Can we help at anything?

Paul Orhan said:

The notorious "500 Internal Server Error" IS BACK, ALIVE & KICKING OFF THE FORUM!!!
    Now it's like every second move on the forum that this message comes up.
    Please, Admins, could you possibly do something to stop it?
    Thanks in advance

13. safe1 said:

Is there a possibility that only some members have the problem with "Database error" sections?

I see people posting normally in "Greek Lyrics" and "Identify it" sections....

Can someone enlighten us please?

Mixalopoulos said:

Quote Originally Posted by safe1 View Post
    Is there a possibility that only some members have the problem with "Database error" sections?

I see people posting normally in "Greek Lyrics" and "Identify it" sections....

Can someone enlighten us please?
    Touch wood, things seem to be okay now.
    Ρεμπέτικο για πάντα. Μάγκες είμαστε.

15. safe1 said:

Quote Originally Posted by Mixalopoulos View Post
    Touch wood, things seem to be okay now.
    Indeed Mixa...Seems to be ok...

Paul Orhan said:

Quote Originally Posted by safe1 View Post
    Indeed Mixa...Seems to be ok...
    Well, touching wood helped in the morning. Now the problem's back. I had to try three times before posting a simple visitor message and now I can't even see the page properly ((

Frankie Jasmine said:

Dear pianoman74, I hope the problem with errors is resolved for you. I, too, experienced similar difficulties.

I'm so sorry. You were not meant to be the brunt of a bad joke. Actually, I was telling on myself, because I almost always write too much. You're absolutely right--I was trying to be funny . . . but at my expense, not yours. Please excuse me. I'll be more considerate in the future; afterall, you don't know me at all. I was wrong to post something so lightly. You certainly have done nothing wrong.
    Last edited by Frankie Jasmine; 05-04-2011 at 12:17 AM. Reason: Comment on data error

18. pianoman74 said:

Well for me it had come in an a little too lumpish manner, as if you were tauntingly addressing a long-term good friend; hence my (IMHO a tad sincere but yet non-insulting) response. But now, let's close the lid on that won't we.

@ADMIN
    Thanks for the fix!

Katie13 said:

Yeah, I've had that; it's been doing it for any old page every so often. It works when you refresh it, though
    "If you were me, then I'd be you, and if I were you, I'd hide somewhere faraway..."

Frankie Jasmine said:

@ pianoman: Shut.