Eurovision 2011 - Russia

Thread: Eurovision 2011 - Russia

Tags: None
  1. LLLS said:

Default Eurovision 2011 - Russia

So guys what do you think about this song?

2. Eudaimon said:

Predictable and dull.
    This is going to be a separate musical genre: "Identical and uninteresting songs that Russia sends to Eurovision".

Paul Orhan said:

IMO, it was better than Bilan's song - the guy's got a voice and his English is much much better.
    You've got better artists for sure but who said Eurovision was about sending the best?
    If only Alexei wasn't so "I'm too sexy for my car" it would have been just great!

4. Eudaimon said:

Yes, he showed his good vocals in the beginning (I couldn't guess what he was singing though) but why waste it on this later on?
    Think, last year's participant Peter Nalich is a very distinctive and original artist, but his Eurovision song belonged to that genre too. As if he had guessed what kind of music he was supposed to make to be chosen and intentionally wrote a song as unnotable as he could possibly make. I only think it's funny.

Paul Orhan said:

That's why I respect Azerbaijan and Turkey because those countries always try to send the best they have!

We were told during yesterday's transmission that in Azerbaijan the eliminations had lasted more than 3 months and something like 70 acts had fought for the honour of representing their country!

Which one did you like best (if any)?

6. Eudaimon said:

In the first semi, I mentally (yes I'm that *****rdly) voted for Switzerland. Such an oldschool pop, I loved it.
    Also singled out Finland, Iceland.

7. Eudaimon said:

(this asterisker makes me laugh at times)

Paul Orhan said:

Swiss was fine, indeed. As to Iceland, I wasn't too charmed. In case of Finland - the song's very good but the guy made several mistakes while singing and he hasn't got a big voice.

My favourites are Serbia (great song, perfect delivery, no necessary ballets, no changing of skirts and all that crap!), Greece (strange song but I liked it), Azerbaijan (if only the vocallists had better voices ) and Turkey but the latter was out of the competition. I'm still thinking about Hungary...

9. LLLS said:

Ожидаемый провал.
    В принципе, всем понятно, что Россия еще очень не скоро сможет победить в этом конкурсе (думаю должно пройти лет 15).
    Но песня по-моему убогая, как и исполнитель, впрочем он не лучше Дибилана и прочих.
    А вообще, в этом году мне все песни там не понравились, как-то очень уныло было.