Page 7 of 114 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mixalopoulos View Post
    Sorry but I've got to do it. BALLOONS, it's BALLOONS not baloons.
    MIXAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

You're too much....if people start working their dictionaries up they'll never be back to post anything .... Have I misspelled dictionaries or "misspelled" ????????

LOLLLLLLLLLLL
    Ploutarxos Gia Panta

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bateli777 View Post
    MIXAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

You're too much....if people start working their dictionaries up they'll never be back to post anything .... Have I misspelled dictionaries or "misspelled" ????????

LOLLLLLLLLLLL
    No, but:

"which makes all .....futile and redundent"

"Redundant"
    Ρεμπέτικο για πάντα. Μάγκες είμαστε.

Thanks

Sorry but I've got to do it. BALLOONS, it's BALLOONS not baloons.
    I usually do the same to others so it's relieving to know I may stop now!
    Thanks, Eagle Eye (Cherry)!

(I'm just too tired after a truly busy day!)

Kalinichta people!

Thanks

Default Do you really think I MADE a mistake there ?

No, but:

"which makes all .....futile and redundent"

"Redundant"
    I'm getting my answers now.....
    Ploutarxos Gia Panta

Thanks

Finally................page 7 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ploutarxos Gia Panta

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Orhan View Post
    I usually do the same to others so it's relieving to know I may stop now!
    Thanks, Eagle Eye (Cherry)!

(I'm just too tired after a truly busy day!)

Kalinichta people!
    Kali sou nixta Pauli mou
    Ploutarxos Gia Panta

Thanks

Duly corrected in my post. Now it's safe's turn to correct his.
    I will not correct mine Paul

Philippos corrected it for me And he was spot on...

So let me enjoy my English grammar mistakes...
    The most charming creatures on this earth. The only women who can show what they feel and, they do feel.
    Stunning feeling...to just meet them.

Thanks

Well, that's exactly what I've been missing in the recordings you posted - they have nothing that would suggest their greekness. When I listen to Eros I not only hear Italian words being sung I can also feel it's Italian. The same happens with any Turkish pop or rock song, no matter how westernized this song might be 'cos the Turkish soul is inside it. The same is with the French music.

Here I'm in trouble to sense it - I hear Greek words, I can't feel the Greek soul.
    Of course you can't Paul. You don't have a Greek soul.

For example, Haris & Panos sound Italian to me. Like Zuchero combined with Eros with some jazzy undertones. Pix Lax's song reminds me of the French/Corsican group I Muvrini. At first I even thought it's a cover of one of their songs.
    really? Can you post a song for comparison?

Way of life? Hmmm, for sure, to some of those who live on playing and singing this is a way of life. But for the listener? I wouldn't risk such opinions.

Finally: "Did you ever see a jazz lover hopping upon a table and dance on it?"

Well, Safe, "it all depends on the amount of vodka that you will drink", as we say here. And BTW, have you asked those who were hopping on tables about their music tastes? Who knows, maybe some of them love jazz, too.
    Oh really? When you drink too much vodka you dance on the tables? Strange....even Russians don't do that...let alone if they see their wives/gfs do it....

But anyway, watching the color of her underwear never hurt any male here....so i assume it's ok.

Sorry Paul we'll keep our different opinion on this and move on
    The most charming creatures on this earth. The only women who can show what they feel and, they do feel.

Thanks

Red face Couldn't leave you out.....same clip ....KALIMERA SE OLOUS !!!

Love you all for sharing your thoughts, ideas, lives and Music with me
    Ploutarxos Gia Panta

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by safe1 View Post
    Of course you can't Paul. You don't have a Greek soul.
    I'm no Greek so I can't have a Greek soul obviously. But this doesn't prevent me to feel the Greek soul (in the same way that you as a Greek can feel the Italian soul in Laura's or Eros's songs). So, maybe there's no Greek soul in those tracks? Or maybe only you feel it this way?

Funny that I never had any problems in feeling Italian, Turkish, French, Russian and 1001 other souls; and suddenly the Greek soul would escape my abilities?
    No way Mister, I can feel the Greek soul alright. I feel it in any song by Alikistis Protopsalti or Notis Sfakianakis.

Quote Originally Posted by safe
    really? Can you post a song for comparison?
    It'd take some time to find it at YT (if it's there) as I gave my CD to my niece as a gift. For the time being, listen to I Muvrini's "A Jalalabad" (it's not the song in question, though) and then try to search other songs - I think they're worthy of it.

Quote Originally Posted by safe
    Oh really? When you drink too much vodka you dance on the tables? Strange....even Russians don't do that...let alone if they see their wives/gfs do it....
    You take everything too literally, Safe. Treat it as a metaphor (Greek word ). That was just a saying.
    But just in case - I don't do table dancing

Your arbitrary opinions and a very judgemental stance, Safe, make it really difficult to discuss any topic so I'm closing here.

But just for a close: how many Russians on their own territory have you seen in your life to be claiming they don't do that???

Thanks

I'm no Greek so I can't have a Greek soul obviously. But this doesn't prevent me to feel the Greek soul (in the same way that you as a Greek can feel the Italian soul in Laura's or Eros's songs). So, maybe there's no Greek soul in those tracks? Or maybe only you feel it this way?

Funny that I never had any problems in feeling Italian, Turkish, French, Russian and 1001 other souls; and suddenly the Greek soul would escape my abilities?
    No way Mister, I can feel the Greek soul alright. I feel it in any song by Alikistis Protopsalti or Notis Sfakianakis.

It'd take some time to find it at YT (if it's there) as I gave my CD to my niece as a gift. For the time being, listen to I Muvrini's "A Jalalabad" (it's not the song in question, though) and then try to search other songs - I think they're worthy of it.

You take everything too literally, Safe. Treat it as a metaphor (Greek word ). That was just a saying.
    But just in case - I don't do table dancing

Your arbitrary opinions and a very judgemental stance, Safe, make it really difficult to discuss any topic so I'm closing here.

But just for a close: how many Russians on their own territory have you seen in your life to be claiming they don't do that???
    Oh, too bad you don't do table dancing. I was looking forward to sharing it
    with you in Tel Aviv.....
    Ploutarxos Gia Panta

Thanks
    Thanked 1,117 Times in 706 Posts

I'm in love with this song

and this one with same title stalia stalia

Thanks

Hi folks! I've been away only two days and so much interesting videos and comments have been posted in the meantime that I feel like a cow standing in a meadow full of fresh grass to be chewed away before moving on to the next meadow

This thread goes beyond my best expectations. Efgaristo so far: EVERYBODY HERE!!!!!!

My contributions continue tomorrow

Thanks

Dimitris Mitropanos - Dose Mou Fotia

Thanks

Awesome. Her voice in the opening line makes a lump in my throat. Listen to this LOUD!

Μαρινέλλα - ΔΩΣ' ΜΟΥ Τ' ΑΘΑΝΑΤΟ ΝΕΡΟ

Thanks

10 years with a Russian woman and her relatives, friends, are enough?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by safe1 View Post
    10 years with a Russian woman and her relatives, friends, are enough?
    Konechno. Vot neozhidanniy syurpriz! Pozdravlyayu vas gospodin safe! Prived!
    Last edited by Paul Orhan; 06-05-2011 at 04:51 PM.

Thanks

Smile Geia sou!

Well, I was seeing the thread from the beginning and ... I had to leave my mark as a huge greek song lover. You've been posting amazing songs as, obviously, most of the Greek songs are. I must say magical. These songs, this language, this culture, it fascinates me, is something that is already part of me and which I am proud to have.

I didn't understand you were discussing souls. If you feel something when you heard a foreign song it seems that you understood the meaning and you like what you heard... (excuse me if I couldn't express myself very well, I just think that you can't discuss this).

Anyway... Lets share our love. My latest addiction: Oasi - Anna Vissi!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHddPjHIvfY

P.S.- I don't know why I can't put the video :/ and feel free to correct my mistakes 'cause my English has as low usage, so it had already better days. Kisses from Portugal!

Thanks

Konechno. Vot neozhidanniy syurpriz! Pozdravlyayu vas gospodin safe! Prived!
    I never learned to read Russian Paul. Never learned to write Russian. I can just understand some when i hear it. Can speak some too... Nevertheless, google translator gave me an idea of what you wrote above (actually i translated exactly what you wrote above...privileges of an experienced computer systems engineer....)

Don't congratulate for it. Number 10 is not good when it reaches an end.

Anyway.

I read and, read, and read again what i wrote about Greek music...and still can't figure out what was the bad thing for any member here...

What was the bad thing for any Greek music lover....

I just posted my thoughts, my bitterness of what happened to the Greek music scene the last 35 years...
    I stated in my first sentence that it's not my intention to change anyone's tastes AND even if i wanted I CAN'T do it....

But i didn't want it in the first place.

My love for the "Greek" music started BEFORE the export of the "Greek" music... My dislike for the "Greek" music happened after its export. I lived all those ... I remember it ...

It doesn't matter if today's "Greek" music is Greek or not for all of you to like it... The only thing that matters is : if YOU like it...

I've been accused "offline" by a friend as not being an "ambassador" of the Greek music and culture....

Goto the Greek Lyrics translations section and observe it....dig back in March 2011 (that was the time i joined if i remember well? Oh no it was February...).

I never denied a translation of a Greek song (dear Batelli) even if i didn't like it. Some of them i had to listen to in youtube....

Never denied a translation of Greek text, even the most nonsense ones....

Still i am not a good ambassador of the Greek language, music, culture?

Sorry me, but there is a "mishap" to my posts that i must admit....I do some "propaganda" that i must also admit. I promote the "other" side of my country without checking if it's better or worse.

I promote my Greek friends, my Greek girlfriends, my Greek music, my Greek thoughts, my Greek knowledge, MY... !

Sorry me, but i can be an ambassador of Greece THE WAY I DREAM OF THAT COUNTRY...

All of my words are subject to criticism . There are many Greek here who don't show up... It happened that: at this time of my life, at this period of time, i have a lot of it to dedicate it to this wonderful forum...

I don't claim to be a God. i just post my thoughts which happen to be my beliefs.

Subject to criticism -> always.

i've been criticized in the translations section...i moved out silently...because another Greek was right...

Sorry for taking up your time to read this which also happened to be a hijack of the thread, originally dedicated to songs. (which i love them.)

EDIT: i go back to my "western" (well even Italy is west for me ) music tastes...because late at night i have the best of my inspirations for my life...

AND, i love this forum... (happens that this forum is not a collection of 0101010101s, it's a collection of people)....Music lovers! Glad that i found you some months ago...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pattmoreira View Post
    I had to leave my mark as a huge greek song lover. Kisses from Portugal!
    Noted. Kisses there! I've been in Lisbon in 2003. Visited your west coast as well...Can't remember the name of the place but i still have photos of it.

Page 7 of 114 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast