Or we dying a bit

3. Gole Yas said:

من عيوني من عيوني
    min 3youni min 3youni
    from my eyes, from my eyes
    لو تبي عمرى هدية
    lo tabi 3umri hadiya
    if you want my life as a present
    * min 3yoni means to gladly do something.. so this means “if you want my life as a present, ill gladly give it”

انا احبك حب جنونى
    ana a7ibik 7ub jinoni
    I love you crazily
    حتى لو تقسى عليا
    7ata law tigsa 3alaya
    even if you're cruel to me

من هنا لبكره تدلل
    min hina l-bukra tidalal
    from now until tomorrow you command
    لأجل عينك أتحمل
    l-ajil 3ainek ati7amal
    for your eyes I’ll endure

لو تغيب فى يوم ارحل
    lo ti'3eeb fi youm er7al
    if for one day you were absent, i would leave
    قلبي وصانى وصية
    galbi wa9ani wa9eya
    my heart told me a will

لو تروح يم القمر
    lo troo7 yam elgumar
    If you go to the moon
    اتبعك يا احلى بشر
    atba3ik ya a7la bashar
    Ill follow you oh most beautiful human

انتهي حسرة وقهر
    antahi 7asra o 8ahar
    I’ll end up in regret and anguish
    لو فقدتك من ايديا
    lo figadtik min eideya
    If I lose you from between my hands

اختلفنا اتفقنا
    i5talafna itafa8na
    our disagreements and agreements
    مايأثر فى ولهنا
    mayi2athir fi walahna
    they do not impact our yearning

يانعيش ويا بعضنا
    ya n3eesh wiya ba3'6ina
    either we live together
    او نموت احنا سويا
    aw nimoot i7na saweya
    or we die together
    Last edited by Gole Yas; 07-13-2011 at 08:08 AM.

4. jazsade06 said:

transliteratio please. thanks

5. Gole Yas said:

added.

6. Salleh Lim said:

Gole Yas, awwlan, thanks for translating =D

thaniyan, i wanna ask if this is a Kuwaiti dialect or a mixture of Khaleeji words? Because everytime i listen to non Khaleeji singers singing Khaleeji songs, they'll mix all the words. Like they'll put 'ish' tgt with 'tabi'!!! I think maybe again this is a mixture rite? But Myriam sang 'lo fugaTIK' - very Kuwaiti characteristics bas she also sang a7bBAK. Confused =/

Thalisan, is saweya a Khaleeji word? I only heard of sawa2 and ma3bad.

Syukran.

jbutl16 said:

I've heard saweya in Iraqi.

8. Gole Yas said:

hi sweetz .. sory for the late reply..

first of all, your very welcome

second.. yeah i guess you can consider it as a 5aleeji song due to her dialect.. and as for different pronounciations, there are various different dialects even in 5aleeji.. so words might differ

third, yes saweya might be reffered to an arabic word, it means "together"

Ghaly said:

Shlon sme3in el frog?
    I can't say, if it is khaleeji, or not. It's so confusing.

Salleh Lim, what do they say, then, for you, instead of "fogetek"?

It's like, everything, what does "q = 2" and "djim = gim" is for me egyptian-and-friends-like.
    Everything, doing "q = g" and "djim = djim/jim" is whatsoever a khaleeji-and-friends group.

Help. :'D
    - Racism is not far, it is in everybody's nature. Detect thy fears, thy prejudices, and live in unison with these fears and every being that does not harm thee.

10. Gole Yas said:

lool .. ya almost .. i mean .. in egyptian J is prounounced g .. and g is pronounced as 2 ..
    or when someone says 2olili in 5aleeji its gooleeli .. but even in 5aleeji .. words may differ like when someone speaks a kuwaiti dialect very fewwww words may vary in accordance to a emirates dialect or a saudi dialect.. and so on..

hahahaha do i make sense ?

11. Salleh Lim said:

It's okay Gole Yas! I thank u for taking the time to actually reply all of us! =D YAAAA I KNOWWWW!!!! I recently read that the Kuwaitis use wayed instead of kathir!!! OMG!!!! How many things do i need to handle?! It's so crazy right?

12. Salleh Lim said:

Ohhhhh yes!!! Gole yas! One more qns! I'm from Singapore at the place where i work, we have a lot of Khaleeji Arabs visiting. Now i tried saying Shako mako to them and usually most of them will understand, well except some Saudis and of course the non Khaleejis.

Now my qns is, wad should the proper ans be? Because i know this word is an Iraqi word. I have an Iraqi said Mo Shi Mako
    Well the others either said Mako shay or Mako Shako!

Thanks in advance =D

13. Gole Yas said:

shako mako is a phrase meaning "whats up" which is also used a lot in Kuwait
    so when a person says "mo shi mako" it means "nothing, nothings up"
    "mako shay"meaning "there's nothing".. and "mako shako" is like when a person is teasing around playig with the words of the answer .. like when you say whats up, the person replies "the ceiling"
    an answer can be the right answer .. a person can even say "walashay"meaning nothing .. but shako mako is used in slang kuwaiti .. not any other place in the middle east .. so when you speak to a Saudi, or a Bahraini like myself.. we would understand it, and know what to reply, but we just dont say things like that =P

14. Salleh Lim said:

يا سلام!!! الف و ملون شكرًا
    !انتي من البحرين؟ ظننت انك من الامارات
    Anyways, I've read abt the Bahrani and the Bahraini. Is that true? Cause I've asked someone from Bahrain if they're Bahraini or Bahrani and they looked confused :/

Ulysses.Rap said:

I see that Myriam Fares uses تبي for you want. I've only seen يبي، تبي، نبي، نبو، تبو، etc. used in Libyan Arabic. Is it used in any other dialects (e.g. Iraqi or Khaliji), or is she just mixing u[ her dialects?
    http://revolutionaryarabrap.blogspot.com/
    http://revolutionaryarabraptheindex.blogspot.com/
    https://twitter.com/ArabRevRap

16. Gole Yas said:

@saleh .. yes sweety im from Bahrain .. lol .. what's true exactly ? what do you wana know ?

@ulysses.rap .. yes its used in 5aleeji

17. Salleh Lim said:

I really wanna know more abt Bahrain! The kinda Khaleeji they use and the greetings. I only know these few greetings: keef 7alik (Saudi), Ish 7alik (Emirati), Ishonik (Kuwaiti). I know Omani, Kuwaiti and Bahraini share the same greetings but do u have a special one for Bahrainis? SO when i see one, i can use a Bahraini greeting on them?

How abt 'i want' in Bahraini?

Aside from the tibgha, tibba, tabi?

So do they Bahraini Shias and Sunnis live tgt peacefully side by side? I have intentions of visiting the Khaleeji once i've saved up enough but i'm kinda worried abt Bahrain because of the large no. of Shias. Is there even a need for worry? =D

Plus the currency in Kuwait, Oman and Bahrain is a dollar on yr side equates to 3 Singapore dollars!!! Oh god!

Ulysses.Rap said:

Um... the Shia in Bahrain are suffering under practically apartheid-level conditions of oppression, so I wouldn't say that everyone's living together in peace and harmony there. In any case, saying "i'm kinda worried abt Bahrain because of the large no. of Shias" is kind of like saying "i'm kinda worried abt Washington D.C. because of the large no. of black people" or "i'm kinda worried about Jerusalem because of the large no. of Arabs." That is, it carries some very dark and racist connotations that you would do well to disavow.
    http://revolutionaryarabrap.blogspot.com/
    http://revolutionaryarabraptheindex.blogspot.com/
    https://twitter.com/ArabRevRap

19. Salleh Lim said:

See. I knew that was coming and i should have explained myself clearly. I am not being judging or anything but pple are always scared of things that they do not know. From my side of town, i've only heard and read stuff abt Shia because we dun really have many Shias here. U know, like the Shia - Sunni war and stuff going on? So i have a lot of what ifs running through my head and therefore i'm asking, to dispel rumours and all the negativity. I'm actually thinking of touring the whole Khaleeji and at the same time, i'm also worried abt Oman, with the Ibadhis. Once again, i'm highlighting that i'm not being prejudice but i need an understanding.

20. Gole Yas said:

Bahraini Greeting: Hala, shlonak? .. same as kuwaiti ..
    in Bahraïni "i want" is "abi"
    the currency in bahrain is connecte to the dollar yes, its called a "dinar"

the situation is Bahrain is not to peaceful right now .. different people have different points of views around certain conditions and aspects in the Kingdom.. i don like talking about politics .. though ill just say one thing "if you want to do something, if you want to be heard, do it in a correct manner, in a well respected manner, dont turn ir into a joke" that's all =)