Haittavaikutus - Matkalla (Finnish)

Thread: Haittavaikutus - Matkalla (Finnish)

Tags: None
  1. Nere said:

Default Haittavaikutus - Matkalla (Finnish)

basically, a friend of mine introduced to this band, and this song in particular is one i like, and as such, i'm kind of curious to know the lyrics. i spent a while googling for them last night, and i looked on lirama, and asked my friend, and neither of us could come up with them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBiJ-IvaprY is the song, and if someone could transcribe the lyrics in Finnish, i'd be most appreciative not fussed at all about an actual translation.

kiitos!

2. Nere said:

bump, still can't find these.

3. valoilmie said:

Hi there ^^

I tried to do this, it was pretty hard and annoying, to be honest. I just wrote down what I heard, but some parts didn't make much sense so I'm definitely not 100% sure that these are all correct. And in the beginning of this song when that one guy talks, I couldn't hear a word he was saying, so the lyrics starts from the actual rap.

Here:

Taas matka uus avartuu, toinen avaruus
    Hyvältä tuntuu johtava maailman hohtava hulluus
    Käänny tuonne, en seuraa sua sinne
    Ties minne taas kuljen, en kuole
    Kuulet mitä luulet
    Olen polttanut rinteeni aina mustaksi
    Välillä epätodelliseksi, aateetronskiksi (??)*
    Kun ei kiinnosta miettiä että huominen hiilostaa
    Täpinöissään, innoissaan kohti loppua, jo hoppua

Vielä sama matka, ei pysäytä mikään
    Yks erä ----** oon päässy tähän ikään
    Vitun monii sekavii matkoja takana
    Keho täynnä arpia, elintavat vakavat
    Tule kertoo mihin päin täällä mennään
    Matka katkesi, en kuule jaksa enää
    Aikuiset ihmiset aina pikku lapsia
    Juoksu kilpoja joissa kuolema lyö tahtia

[CHORUS]
    Hypi mukana, tule matkalle
    Takavasemmalle, jalat alle
    Kestääkö psyyke? Ryynäätkö ovella?
    Maahan kovimpaan, ei sen pahempaa
    Tule mukana, pysy matkalla
    Onko mukavaa? Voit rukoilla
    Entä psyyke, pysytkö mukana?
    Matkalla tukalaa osumaa kunnolla

Rataa (??)*** vielä jonkun, pitäis levähtää välissä
    Luojani käsissä, vitsit vittu vähissä
    Niinku sika säkissä
    Mielialat hyppii, ja moni ei tuu selvii siihe kolmenkymppiin

Nosta housuja, et kasva isoksi
    Väkipakollinen muuntautumisprosessi pistää vihaksi
    Toiset pannaan lihoiksi
    Ja toiset elämältä vedättävät niinku vitun loiset

Haavoja nuoltu ja murtumat luutunu
    Läskit on tummunu, paikat on puutunu
    Ottanu takkii, mut onko mikään muuttunu?
    Joskus tuntuu niinku olis paikalle juuttunu

Lokki lauma avomaalla, näkymiä hautaan
    Laulut laulaa, ei niistä saa ku ampumalla oman rauhan
    Samal vielä notkua ja olla miettimättä Jumalaa ja joulutonttuja

[CHORUS]

Mun kaverin piti kuolla, että silta oli valmis
    Se astu ohi, se oli matkalla kotiin muttei enää sinne kyytiä tarvii
    Missä lie tanssii, säästöt ja viimenen marssi

Merikosken sillalle asiat on ratkastu
    Siihe se johtaa kun ei Kiviharju katkassu
    Maamme on paskana, niin se vaan menee
    Vittuako tiiät vitun kravaattipellet

[CHORUS]

* = That doesn't mean anything in Finnish
    ** = I couldn't make sense to this word at all
    *** = And in this one too the word doesn't mean anything, but is what i heard

This song it mostly spoken language, and the one guy who sings like half of the song (Last part before chorus for example) actually sings with an dialect, maybe dialect of Tampere/häme? Well I don't know, but the point is that he says some words with double nn or kk.

I hope this helped. So you don't want the english translation, or? I could try, but this song doesn't make it too clear what they are singing about

4. Nere said:

thanks a lot!

i had a sound map of this in my mind, i thought i recognised a few words, and i was kind of shocked to realise how many i got right after i read it

these guys are from oulu, not tampere, so maybe their dialect is more northern, with sami influence? i should say that i have very little knowledge of finnish as far as dialects go though, so i could be talking complete crap i will ask around some finnish friends as to what those other three words mean and see if they know.

as for the english, i would be appreciative, of course, but honestly what you've given me already is more than enough, so i wouldn't ask you for anything else

5. Nere said:

welp, i asked around, and apparently the first word was "aatteet ronskiksi" which is slang meaning something like "ideology to garbage". he thinks the singer pronounces it weirdly to make it rhyme better.

second one is "yks erävoitto ku oon päässy tähän ikään" and the third, he couldn't understand either, he thinks it's some local slang or something

6. Zarobien said:

Words;
    * = Aatteet Ronskiksi
    ** = Voitto
    *** = Rataa

Meanings;
    * Ronski is the base word. The english translation would be "rought" and "big". It's usually used when someone takes too much, takes it in rought manner or is rough mannered. Dialect word of old häme/tampere.
    ** The word is "Erävoitto". It is a sport/boxing term. Direct traslation would be "round win".
    *** This one is heard right as "matkaa vielä jonkun". Adding "verran" to the end would make it more understandable but it allready has the measurement in "jonkun" in häme/tampere dialect. It's still bad finnish because it overlaps with jonkun=Someones word. I would have used "jokusen" word instead.

7. valoilmie said:

Okay, now it makes a bit more sense Good that there are other Finns with better hearing than me... But anyways thanks to Zarobien, and I might try translating this to english, but only after midsummer party