i'm sorry to keep asking stuff, but what do these mean:
    * enamoren
    * Traicionera
    * Cuentame
    * Sacala
    * mismo/misma

thank you so much!

Chiquita Nikkita said:

i think i've got these for you. Im just a bit unsure of the form of the first one.

Enamoren- (subjunctive ustedes... form of enamorar, to enamor/win the heart of) so, they win the heart of/ they enamor.

Traicionera- trecherous

Cuentame- tell me (its a command)... cuentaME todos tus secretos (tell ME all of your secrets).

Sacala- another command. take it, it (la) is a femanine noun that you add to the end of the verb... so instead of saca la foto, you just say "sacala"

Mismo/misma- the same
    "Mi GeNte, Yo SoLaMeNtE aQuI sOy Un VaLiEnTe...
    QuE lEs PiDe QuE nO dErRaMeN yA lA sAnGrE iNoCeNtE...
    aRrEgLaN cOmO hOmBrEs, Y nO sE fAlLeN mUtUaMeNtE..."

-Daddy Yankee

arux said:

In the song "Sacala", they are referring to a gun. 'Sacala, dale usala' means 'Take it out, come on, use it'.

4. Daemoniumm said:

Default Correction

Arux, i was reading your post and you got most of the things but there are some things that you are saying wrong.

First:

Pelón- A boricua slang for someone stupid. Like someone who makes stupid jokes but doesn't make anyone to laugh, in this case... the guy is a joke.

bocina- Not only speaker but in some other songs it means the car's horn.

eso es- means that's it. We the puerto ricans say "eso es" to encourage someone when doing something like dancing sexy or something like that.

CHULIN CHULIN CHUNFLY- doesn't mean anything you said but was taken as a parody of an old song of Chespirito. I think was "el chavo" or "chapulin colorado" I still remember that old song chulin chulin chunfly.

arux said:

K thanks. I also call the car horn bocina but in that case it meant the speaker. However, you are right. In other songs like "Tocale Bocina" it refers to the car horn.

I said 'that's how I like it' to translate 'Eso Es' to retain the fact that it is meant to encourage the people dancing, and 'that's it' is not used in that sense in English. On the contrary, it has a negative connotation. If you wanted it literally, it would say "That Is"

Now that you mention it, I remember watching 'El chavo del 8' and I recall some weird thing he sang. The fact that the expression was taken form somewhere and altered supports the fact that it has a meaning. If he wanted to say the same (meaningless?) thing from 'El chavo' he would have used it in its original version. He altered it for some reason, he removed that letter H so that it would say Culin. 'Chulin Culin' means "Cute Butt" aqui y en China.

Chiquita Nikkita said:

what is madura enfocao? Its in a daddy yankee song... mature something?
    "Mi GeNte, Yo SoLaMeNtE aQuI sOy Un VaLiEnTe...
    QuE lEs PiDe QuE nO dErRaMeN yA lA sAnGrE iNoCeNtE...
    aRrEgLaN cOmO hOmBrEs, Y nO sE fAlLeN mUtUaMeNtE..."

-Daddy Yankee

Ladyvenom said:

hey can you tell me if there is a slang meaning to "mas maiz"?? cuz there is a song called that but i dont really understand the meaning

8. linuxwins2004 said:

Mas Maiz is a nore song isn't is it means "more corn"

NORE U SUCK

arux said:

Yep, it means 'more corn'. However, I think they employed that phrase in a more clever way. In the chorus when they say 'mas maiz' it sounds like they are saying 'mama ahi' (suck/lick me here). No one can say they are saying anything vulgar; after all, isnt the song about the corn? lol

Enfocao means focused, I guess he is advising to keep your focus while you mature.

10. linuxwins2004 said:

i still stand by my second phrase
    NORE U SUCK

Ladyvenom said:

lol thanks, i knew it ment more corn but i didnt get how it makes sense in the song, but i guess you could be right with the mama ahi
    and thats the only song of nore i know and i like it so i donno how much they suck:P but its a good song to dance to

12. xx_jayla_xx said:

Nore doesn't suck! u need to stop lol

arux said:

In another song (El Booty by Wisin y Yandel) they say 'esa gallina esta pidiendo maiz'. You know that in reggaeton they have a series of metaphors for the girls (gata, loba etc) that are used over and over. So here the girl acts as a hen asking for more corn, demanding more from the man (she is horny).

14. lydia said:

Default pleasae can you translate in english

Quote Originally Posted by arux
    I know quite a lot of Spanish slang, specially the ones used in reggaeton. If you have any you dont know, just post them here...
    can you translate mayor que yo by baby ranks and daddy yankee

arux said:

Ladyvenom said:

oo alright yea im getting the meaning now and now I know a new song...Ive never heard of El Booty , going to go download it thanks alot!

Ladyvenom said:

o another thing maybe you can help me...its not translation but in the other threads they dont seem to be replying....
    there is this website www.latinnetworks.ca and when you go to the main page 2 songs play one after the other, do you by any chance know the name of either one of them?

arux said:

The first song is by a group called "3 Pesos", I believe it is called 'Reggaeton'. The second one is called 'Chain Reaction' by "Cuban Link". I dont know if you know it, but just in case, there's "Mayor Que Yo part 2". I like it even more than the fist one

SI NO TE PEGAS NO VALE!!! :P
    Last edited by arux; 06-29-2006 at 11:40 AM.

Ladyvenom said:

WOW thank you SOOOO much!!!!!

Ladyvenom said:

you seem to know your reggaeton songs well...is there any good artists you know aside from all the popular ones? maybe some good bachata and salsa too?(A)

by the way whats the right way to spell it reggEAton or reggAEton?? ive seen it spelled both ways