Spanish slang clarifications

Thread: Spanish slang clarifications

Tags: None
  1. mexico62 said:

Hi Raul18:

I´ll try to help you, hope my comments are useful to you, but if someone could help us better is welcome, cause i´m not so sure about the meaning of "peta":

Palmos.- palmo is an antique unit of measure, equal to more or less 20 cms., so (doce) 12 x 20 = 2.40 mts, this phrase is equivalent to the english six feet under.

salves.- this is a prayer used mainly for the rosary in the catholic religion, called in english Hail Mary, in spanish starts: Dios te salve María

Peta (das).- petar.- second meaning in dictionary is knock at the door, so I think it could be beaten garages, but I found in internet a second possible meaning not considered by the dictionary, and is that in spanish a "petardo" is an explosive device made or designed to produce a big denotation. So, in this context "petada" could be broken, damaged, exploded.

Partia (partida).- depart

One last note, in the place where is written "habitaciones marcadas" instead of (marked houses) should be (marked rooms)

2. mexico62 said:

Hi again Raul18:

I heard a little the song and in the next statement instead of:
    No creas por madura que alargas la partia. (Don't believe because of maturity that you extend the depart.)

says:
    No creas que por NO madura alargas la partia (partida) ( Don´t belive that for not being so mature (older) you extend (or delay) the depart.)

3. Azur said:

Quote Originally Posted by Raul18 View Post
    I was wondering if somebody could help me understand these lines from the song "En La Línea" by Mala Rodríguez. I really don't know what the words in bold mean; I think they are slang. So I will give some context. Here is a link to all the lyrics: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...Q_lTZl9Qs&NR=1.

¿Qué tengo que destruir para llegar a ti? (What do I have to ruin to reach you?)
    ¿Qué me tienes que decir (What do you have to say to me...)
    que nos sirva de consuelo? (that serves as comfort for us?)
    ¡No quiero tirarme de los pelos! (I don't want to pull out my hair!)
    Una solución sin daño colateral, (A solution without collateral damage,)
    sin tener que terminar a doce palmos. (without having to end tweleve ??????)

Quiero escuchando salves, (I want listening ??????)
    escuchando salmos, (listening to psalms,)
    no hay predicción, (there is no prediction,)
    memoria ficción, (fictional memory,)
    unos y ceros. (ones and zeros.)

Vengo de la guerra más antigua, (I come from the most ancient war,)
    la del ego y las pedra(das), ([the war] of the ego and rock throwing,)
    habitaciones marcas, (marked houses,)
    cocheras peta, paredes firma(das) (garages ?????, signed (vandalized) walls)
    la del que más da y ra-ta-ta-tá, ([the war] that gives more and ra-ta-ta-tá)
    todas esas definiciones agota(das). (All those definitions are worn out.)

No creas por madura que alargas la partia. (Don't believe because of maturity that you extend ?????.)
    I looked up the lyrics, and you got a couple of things wrong, and that's why they're so weird:

should be:

a dulces palos quiero instead of the "palmos" thing, that is , like "with sweet beating I want", but it kind of means like "with sweet torment". I'm not the best person to go over with Spaniard slang XP

scuchando salve escuchando salmos Salve, how we call the prayer "Salve Regina", look it up And you got psalm right.

Hope this helps

4. mexico62 said:

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Azur View Post
    I looked up the lyrics, and you got a couple of things wrong, and that's why they're so weird:

should be:

a dulces palos quiero instead of the "palmos" thing, that is , like "with sweet beating I want", but it kind of means like "with sweet torment". I'm not the best person to go over with Spaniard slang XP

scuchando salve escuchando salmos Salve, how we call the prayer "Salve Regina", look it up And you got psalm right.

Hope this helps
    Hi azur thanks for your help, but I notice that most songs of rap and reaggeton in spanish have not a lot of sense, maybe because the composers
    try to conserve the rhymes or musical rhythm. Saludos y gracias.

5. CottonCandi said:

What is the most commonly used Spanish (Mexico) word for "cum?"

And yes, I am asking for the commonly used vulgar translation, not something formal or technical.
    Thank you!!!!!!!!! (=

6. Azur said:

Quote Originally Posted by CottonCandi View Post
    What is the most commonly used Spanish (Mexico) word for "cum?"

And yes, I am asking for the commonly used vulgar translation, not something formal or technical.
    Thank you!!!!!!!!! (=
    I dunno about most common *in* Mexico but, as a native latin-american, I can tell that "leche" (milk) seems to work almost everywhere (and this is why the Spanish expression ("tener mala leche", to be/have a string of bad luck, doesn't fly over there).

In any case, I don't think you'd be misunderstood if you just use "leche".

@mexico62 Well, they make sense to me. Guess it comes with being native. What I mean is that, while I not always am able to explain what it means, I sort of "get it". Am I making any sense? GAH! I feel like I'm not explaining myself here!!!!!