Funda Arar-Gerekçe

Thread: Funda Arar-Gerekçe

Tags: None

larosa said:

Default Funda Arar-Gerekçe

hey turkish friends,can someone correct me please,i tried to translate this song of Funda and i could really use your help
    thanks in advance

Yeter artık yeter olanlar oldu
    enough,that's it,enough,they happend
    Kaldıramam bu kadar acı söz keder yeter
    i can't take this much hurtful words,enough grief
    Yeter artık yeter günlerim soldu
    that's enough,my days are faded
    Bu baharda güngörmez bu beden yeter
    in this spring,this body no longer sees the sun (the day)
    Bu sefer yalnızca bir kabus değil
    this journey is not only a nightmare
    Uyandım notun başucumda
    i woke up and your note was at my beside
    Hayat bir daha bir tokat gibi
    again life is like a slap
    Başrolde vedan avucumda
    starring your farewell in my hand
    Kaldım öyle öylece saatlerce
    i stayed like this thereby,for hours
    Hissettiklerin gerçek mi gerekçe mi?
    are the things you felt true or an excuse
    Hiç kolay değil cevabı bilememek
    it is never easy not to know the answer
    Gitmen değil yazdığın dokundu
    it's not your leaving,it's what you wrote that touched (affected) me
    life is Super good
    (this is bull ****)
    if you seek arabic translation,PM me

SiLvEr_MooN said:

Kaldıramam bu kadar acı söz, (bu kadar) keder yeter > "I can't take this much of hurtful words and grief, that's enough." Keder is linked to bu kadar here. But I think what is really meant is "I can't take more, this much of hurtful word and grief are enough" but am not sure.

Yeter artık yeter günlerim soldu > It is okay that you've used fade as an adjective but as it says "soldu" and its verb form is used, I think it'd be better to say "My days have faded"

Bu baharda/bahar da gün görmez bu beden, yeter > The English usually use futuree tense for what we, the Turks, express in simple present as it happens here. The sentence is in simple present but future is meant. When you say it in simple present tense in English, it is likely to be understood in present continous as "görmüyor" in Turkish. "Gün görmek" has an idiomatical meaning and it means "to see happy days." So, "This body won't see happy days in this spring." I think the "-da" in "baharda" is a conjunction and means "nor" here > "... nor in this spring."

Hayat bir daha bir tokat gibi
    Başrolde vedan avucumda
    Kaldım öyle öylece saatlerce > This may be the order of lines when the song is sung but is probably not so when the words and sentences are observed as a whole.

Hayat bir daha bir tokat gibi başrolde > "Life is playing the starring role again like a slap"
    Vedan avucumda, kaldım öyle öylece saatlerce >"Your farewell (note) in my hand, I stayed in that position for hours" must be the right order

Hissettiklerin gerçek mi gerekçe mi? > The tense of "hissettiklerin" is not clear as a single word, you are right, but when you look at the question words in the sentence, you see that they are in present tense (mi). If they were in past, they would be "miydi" instead. For this reason, it becomes clear that "hissettiklerin" is in the present tense. So, "Are the things you feel real or (just) excuses?"

Hiç kolay değil cevabı bilememek > Not never but "at all" would be better here, in my opinion. "It is not easy at all not to know the answer."

Great attempt larosa!
    I'm listening to >>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFD8ZF8svzw

larosa said:

thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan k you !!!
    life is Super good
    (this is bull ****)
    if you seek arabic translation,PM me