What are you listening to? - Hebrew edition

Thread: What are you listening to? - Hebrew edition

Tags: None

Paul Orhan said:

Kochana Ofratko,

To je pre teba!

[dqKWkE0QFoU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqKWkE0QFoU[/video]

Paul Orhan said:

A to je pre mňa (I'm so happy this vid apeared again at YT!)

[HHszAcNKiDM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHszAcNKiDM&feature=related[/video]

Paul Orhan said:

Yasmin live is even better!

[_rmK99BZsKo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rmK99BZsKo[/video]

bateli777 said:

Gila's voice is indeed unique in its strength and clarity...she reminds me of mountains....
    In this disc my brother is doing some back vocals
    This is if you will the tragedy of Israeli culture...a vocalist in the magnitude of Gila's is not part of regular musicl scene...she's considered too ethnic to be one.
    The media focuses on the Idols of the world and gives little to nothing room for such brilliant performances.
    Gila had performed with the Israeli Philharmonic Orchestra both in Israel and abroad.
    She's highly respected and admired in Japan....go figure

(ZAFFA is the part in the wedding [actually pre-wedding ritual called Hina] ceremony where the ladies accompany the young bride to meet her future husband...the women carry trays of candles and flowers and sing happily (to hide their feelings ) very sad songs which reflect the pain of separation from the girl...)

The only time I heard Dana Int. doing anpything Yemenite was when she wrote a song to Boaz Mauda for the Eurovision.
    While checking YT to find Boaz clip ...I found this ...it wraps up our topic well...
    Here is a young British man who loved Boaz song and decided to sing it ...in both Hebrew and English to his friends in a pub

[5Z8ofuodPxc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Z8ofuodPxc[/video]

speaking of goosebumps....so nice ....his voice and in general this whole idea of cross culture music transitions....
    Ploutarxos Gia Panta

bateli777 said:

Yasmin is a freaking force of nature ...and in this duet with Eleni Vitali ............even God is taking some time off to listen music

[1gC0UKNeEBk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gC0UKNeEBk[/video]

If atl police catches me ...tell them Yasmin is Israeli and as such this post is allowed here....
    Ploutarxos Gia Panta

Ofratko said:

@ Batelli I think that's why God gave us the ability to sing.Songs like that and this!

Ofratko said:

I have thought for many years that she can only sing in arabic. And then surprise She gave soo much emotion into this song...

bateli777 said:

Quote Originally Posted by Ofratko View Post
    I have thought for many years that she can only sing in arabic. And then surprise She gave soo much emotion into this song...

Why would you think that? haven't you read her bio...she's Israeli...used to be an officer in the army....
    in this clip she's singing with Koby Perez (can't apologize enough for his hair style....probably something that's been slipped into his drink )
    Here , again in her comfort zone...Arabic.......great performance
    [oIuP2VNb6Dw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIuP2VNb6Dw&feature=related[/video]
    Ploutarxos Gia Panta

9. Astraea said:

Quote Originally Posted by bateli777 View Post
    She's Israeli...used to be an officer in the army....
    Yeah, sexy Alabina can drive helicopter! (like Angelina Joli....hihi) I don't know if her husband is like Brad Pitt

[lM6p-aT8w20]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lM6p-aT8w20[/video]

Ofratko said:

Quote Originally Posted by bateli777 View Post
    Why would you think that? haven't you read her bio...she's Israeli...used to be an officer in the army....
    in this clip she's singing with Koby Perez (can't apologize enough for his hair style....probably something that's been slipped into his drink )
    Here , again in her comfort zone...Arabic.......great performance
    @ Bateli.. relax honey let me explain... The first time I heard her singing it was with gypsy kings and she sung in arabic. So I presumed she is Arab, from marocco or tunisia or so... But then I heard her singing in Hebrew and I thought that she is either Israeli with Arabic roots or Israeli Arab...I've never cared about people nationality or ethnicity. For me anybody who can create beautiful music is to be cherished and loved.. His hair is different all rite!

@Astraea- You killing me! Angelina Joli Isthar is way sexier in the helicopter... Well she is is sexier then the bag of bones!
    Last edited by Ofratko; 06-03-2012 at 10:13 AM.

bateli777 said:

I'm relaxed....I usually read artists' bio to learn more about them....not necessarily about their nationality or religion....I couldn't care less about that...
    I'm on my way to work....so I'll check out the level of her sexiness in comparison to Mrs. Pitt when I get back...
    Have a nice day
    Last edited by bateli777; 06-03-2012 at 07:44 AM.
    Ploutarxos Gia Panta

Ofratko said:

This song is beautiful... And he is soooooo handsome( Goodbye Tarkan, hello Nikos)! I love duets two language duets. I so wish there are some arabic-hebrew duets... I think these languages would fit perfectly into one song!

Last edited by Ofratko; 06-03-2012 at 11:11 AM.

bateli777 said:

This song is beautiful... And he is soooooo handsome( Goodbye Tarkan, hello Nikos)! I love duets two language duets. I so wish there are some arabic-hebrew duets... I think these languages would fit perfectly into one song!

He is such a sweetheart..........his voice is a river of honey ....I can't get enough of him....his latest disc is packed with beautiful songs ...some would call them hits but for me they are moments of magic.........My friend Adam David who interviewed him and joined him in his tours of the country , told me that he is the sweetest kindest most respectful human being.....so there you go .....Pame indeed Nikos.........

Another fine example of the musical journey pursued by amazing artists such as Dalaras....
    He is singing Yad Anuga ....I attended that show .....magical night !!

[ofw1kW1e4bs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofw1kW1e4bs[/video]
    Last edited by bateli777; 06-04-2012 at 07:05 AM.
    Ploutarxos Gia Panta

Paul Orhan said:

And my wish is for Turkish-Hebrew all-male duets I can well imagine them singing and fighting in the song for the one and only = me!!!

@Ofratko:
    Nikos Vertis is what I like to call "a proof of God's existance" - he's damn sexy and stylish and a good singer, too! His voice is like a river of Metaxa! Can you imagine him singing a duet with Tarkan? OMG!!!

Alas, he's taken by ... Patricia a.k.a. Pattmoreira.

So unfair!

Ofratko said:

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Orhan View Post

Alas, he's taken by ... Patricia a.k.a. Pattmoreira.
    So unfair!
    He is so NOT taken by Patti. Patti has Harel and by laws of ofratko she can't have both. He is ALL mine and try to take him from me. There is nothing worse than wrath of upset Ofratko I have unconfirmed theory that he is Greek god of Sexiness!

Ofratko said:

Paul Orhan said:

He is so NOT taken by Patti. Patti has Harel and by laws of ofratko she can't have both. He is ALL mine and try to take him from me. There is nothing worse than wrath of upset Ofratko I have unconfirmed theory that he is Greek god of Sexiness!
    Actually Harel is mine and nossa Patricia is Madama Vertis. Laws of Ofratko have thus been respected! But even if the said Laws are the rightest source of justice they can't prevent Madama Vertis from having been struck by a sudden and most serious crush on Mr. Skaat.

However, in order to solve this heart-rending drama I am prepared to release Mr. Skaat in Patti's favour if she's equally eager to release Mr. Vertis in your favour.

As regards Greek Gods of Sexiness, it looks like this country, tormented by economic and political crisis, still remains one of the biggest producers of these. I'm happy to say there are lots of suitable candidates apart from Mr. Vertis. Can we therfore propose the following persona (I hope the Hebrew lovers shall forgive our Greek off-topic issue in this thread):

[yZb13fnAJOk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZb13fnAJOk[/video]

Ofratko said:

@ Pawel here is an idea. You can have Tarkan( He is Turkish and you are turkoholic), Patti can keep Harel... And well I will keep Nikos. Well we all do imagine thing which will never come true... There should be dreamers thread!

Paul Orhan said:

Thanks for Tarkan but he's taken too. Mavii would kill me if she knew I was even thinking of taking him as a sole proprietor.

The best guys are usually taken, huh?

Miss Moreira, can we have your say in this Greco-Hebrew-Turko-holic love affair?

Would you agree for Mr. Vertis to become Mr. Ofratko-Vertis and for you to become Mrs. Skaat as a reward???

Speak your mind, por favor!

[6Ye0NOn7nrI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ye0NOn7nrI&feature=related[/video]

Ofratko said:

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Orhan View Post
    Thanks for Tarkan but he's taken too. Mavii would kill me if she knew I was even thinking of taking him as a sole proprietor.

The best guys are usually taken, huh?

Miss Moreira, can we have your say in this Greco-Hebrew-Turko-holic love affair?

Would you agree for Mr. Vertis to become Mr. Ofratko-Vertis and for you to become Mrs. Skaat as a reward???

Speak your mind, por favor!
    Ehm I'm not changing my surname for any man! I'm Ofratko! And that's it. You can still think Pawel it is allowed( and what happens on the hebrew forum stays on the hebrew forum. I don't think Mavii comes here very often).. Anyway there is plenty of fish in the sea! I might settle for Garou- the rough rider