SOLVED: Help solve these two songs

Thread: SOLVED: Help solve these two songs

Tags: None

cbwillallen25 said:

Default SOLVED: Help solve these two songs

Song #1 - I really only remember that there is a violin introduction. It's two violins playing 5 quarter notes in harmony, then a quarter rest, and that repeats a few times before someone sings. Violin #1 plays higher than Violin #2. You can copy and paste the notes in this site. http://www.musipedia.org/js_piano.html#x
    Violin #1 - dis''4 cis''4 c''4 ais'4 c''4
    Violin #2 - b'4 gis'4 g'4 f'4 g'4

Song #2 - It is a hip-hop song, but it is a song that someone like R Kelly or Usher would do. It has singing in it instead of rapping. The refrain can consist of the words "when you need me", then a short pause, 5 words, another short pause, and 5 more words. There is a short pause after the possible third word need. Also on each word there is a beat. The song very well could've been out in 2000-2002.

Hope this is enough, thanks.
    Last edited by cbwillallen25; 04-22-2014 at 05:52 PM. Reason: solved

2. Claybricks said:

Quote Originally Posted by cbwillallen25 View Post
    Song #1 - I really only remember that there is a violin introduction. It's two violins playing 5 quarter notes in harmony, then a quarter rest, and that repeats a few times before someone sings. Violin #1 plays higher than Violin #2. You can copy and paste the notes in this site. http://www.musipedia.org/js_piano.html#x
    Violin #2 - b'4 gis'4 g'4 f'4 g'4

Song #2 - It is a hip-hop song, but it is a song that someone like R Kelly or Usher would do. It has singing in it instead of rapping. The refrain can consist of the words "when you need me", then a short pause, 5 words, another short pause, and 5 more words. There is a short pause after the possible third word need. Also on each word there is a beat. The song very well could've been out in 2000-2002.

Hope this is enough, thanks.
    Your 1st question reminded me of this song...

The Verve - Bitter Sweet Symphony {1997}

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lyu1KKwC74

Dan

cbwillallen25 said:

Thanks for the response, but unfortunately that isn't it. Problem is I can't remember what station I heard the song.

cbwillallen25 said:

Some more information. For the first song, I'm sure there is singing and that the two violins playing is a part of the song. The notes played by both violins are short, staccato notes. It's pretty similar as each quarter note being replaced by an eigth note and eigth rest.

http://www.musipedia.org/js_piano.html#x
    Violin #1 - dis''4 cis''4 c''4 ais'4 c''4 r4 dis''4 cis''4 c''4 ais'4 c''4 r4 dis''4 cis''4 c''4 ais'4 c''4
    Violin #2 - b'4 gis'4 g'4 f'4 g'4 r4 b'4 gis'4 g'4 f'4 g'4 r4 b'4 gis'4 g'4 f'4 g'4

For the 2nd song it sounds like it could be R Kelly or Usher as I've said before. I did say it sounded like "when you need me", but it is possible that it isn't that. Maybe some word that could end with an "n" or "nd" as the first word and for the third word a word that has a long e sound.

5. bugmenot1 said:

Song number 1?

"Wrong Impression" by Natalie Imbruglia
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Vt0d9YlTC4

cbwillallen25 said:

Sorry but that isn't it either. Thanks for the response.

7. pianoman74 said:

Melody of song #2 appears strange to me ... telling from your description, the song does not seem to be oriental in style. However, it does sound a bit oriental / arabic

8. Th3Diplomat said:

for second song try >
    Jay z - izzo

cbwillallen25 said:

Thanks for the responses guys. Sory Diplomat but that isn't it. It is a song that they would've showed on a channel they show rap and hip-hop music videos though. I know they person is a singer, which is why I gave R Kelly and Usher as examples. I guess I can try to find some artists from about 10 years ago because I think the track is about that age.

cbwillallen25 said:

Well, I found Song #2. It was Makin' Good Love by Avant. Also, turns out I ended up posting something that wasn't really helpful finding the song. I kept looking and looking and finally came across a site that listed top 100 songs for a year. I edited it for top 100 r&b songs for 2002 and I kept looking and listening to samples, and I came across this song. For some reason I was particularly curious about this one, rather than the other 10 or so songs I tried to listen to.

Avant - Makin' Good Love

AVANT

"Makin' Good Love"

I got your legs spread all over the bed
    hands clenched in the sheets
    hair wild as hell I know
    the only thing on your mind is sexin me
    girl I can feel your temperature rising
    you should feel my nature too
    come on it's gonna be a bumpy ride
    girl lets do what we came to do

Girl when we make love all night
    when we make good love all night
    when we make love all night
    we really make love
    girl when we make love all night
    we really make love (come to daddy baby)

On the balcony gripping the rails
    slowly I'm pulling you near
    sayin shhhh babe dont make to much noise
    there's a lot of peoples who live around here
    emotions running high
    my hands planted on your thighs
    you feel me going up and down
    and round and round and round

we really make love

in your drive way in the backseat
    windows tinted its getting deep
    fog all over the glass
    I dont know how long i can last
    with you moaning crazy
    girl keep on calling me
    I'll take you to exctasy
    and when im done you'll be fast asleep

we really make love

The house the boat and the jeep babe
    in the tub, in the pool or the beach babe
    get your grove on (get your grove on) get your grove on [x2]

we really make love

So now it's just the song with the two violins playing a series of five eigth notes, then a short rest, and those two things repeat a few times before there's singing if I recall.

http://www.musipedia.org/js_piano.html#x
    Violin #1 - dis''8 r8 cis''8 r8 c''8 r8 ais'8 r8 c''8 r8 r4 dis''8 r8 cis''8 r8 c''8 r8 ais'8 r8 c''8 r8 r4 dis''8 r8 cis''8 r8 c''8 r8 ais'8 r8 c''8 r8
    Violin #2 - b'8 r8 gis'8 r8 g'8 r8 f'8 r8 g'8 r8 r4 b'8 r8 gis'8 r8 g'8 r8 f'8 r8 g'8 r8 r4 b'8 r8 gis'8 r8 g'8 r8 f'8 r8 g'8 r8

Copy and paste each line into the empty space above the delete note button. Really it's a shame that I can't find a site that could play harmony and even imitate musical intruments. Then it would really sound like the song. Hope someone can figure it out. The song could be soft rock, pop, r&b, or something that isn't really aggressive if that makes sense.

11. BlueNileFan said:

Song no 1
    I don't know about you but i get notes that sound like a child's metal xylophone in the high range, a bit hard to transpose to strings. However, maybe this:

The Veronicas - Untouched

cbwillallen25 said:

Thanks for the response BlueNileFan, but that's not it either. Also, yes that is unfortunately what I hear too. It's the site that's like that. That definitely was something that was unfortunate, because if there was a way to have both melodies played as strings simultaneously, than it would really mimic the song much better.

13. BlueNileFan said:

cbwillallen25 said:

Thanks again BlueNileFan and Th3Diplomat, but unfortunately those two aren't it. The song is faster than Sometime Around Midnight, but a bit slower than Wrong Impression. I don't recall much else about the song to well, but I can't remember it having much of rhythm besides those violins and possibly other things during other parts of the song. However I am positive about those violins.

cbwillallen25 said:

One thing that could help, does anyone out there know of any a way to find out about songs that have violins in them?

16. Th3Diplomat said:

cbwillallen25 said:

I really apprecoate the help Diplomat, unfortunately that isn't it either. It's a challenge for me to describe the violins even more. The tempo is a little slower compared to the song Push, and the strokes of the violins are similar to those from The Thong Song. Difference is the song has two harmonic violins playing 5 8th notes each before a short pause and so on.

cbwillallen25 said:

Anyone know of a site where you can decide which instrument can mimic a melody you are trying to figure out? Still trying to figure out song number one.

"Song #1 - I really only remember that there is a violin introduction. It's two violins playing 5 quarter notes in harmony, then a quarter rest, and that repeats a few times before someone sings. Violin #1 plays higher than Violin #2. You can copy and paste the notes in this site. http://www.musipedia.org/js_piano.html#x
    Violin #2 - b'4 gis'4 g'4 f'4 g'4 "

19. BlueNileFan said:

Hi cb,
    maybe you could try this little gem to tweak your melody for us. It's a tiny Windows app and can be a bit quirky about hardware, but as the videos show, tweaked right it does miracles. I can get all the advertised sounds on my system (the string emulation is particularly good) but alas, i have the musical talent of a cat walking on a keyboard...

pianoelectronico

cbwillallen25 said:

Thanks a lot Blue, I will definitely give it a shot. I appreciate that.