Solved: What '50s soul song "I'm starved for affection / I need some romance"

Thread: Solved: What '50s soul song "I'm starved for affection / I need some romance"

Tags: '50s, documentary, early '60s, help me, soul
  1. aicheyearaem said:

Default Solved: What '50s soul song "I'm starved for affection / I need some romance"

What '50s soul song has the lyrics "Bow-ra/Bow-ra/ I'm starved for affection / I need some romance / I want (?) you my darling / to give me chance / I'm hungry hungry / oh so hungry for your love" ? It plays in the documentary "Heavy Petting" about 10 minutes into the feature during a great disrobing montage, just after Spaulding Grey explains about his mother discovering his Marilyn Monroe pinups.

2. Claybricks said:

Quote Originally Posted by aicheyearaem View Post
    What '50s soul song has the lyrics "Bow-ra/Bow-ra/ I'm starved for affection / I need some romance / I want (?) you my darling / to give me chance / I'm hungry hungry / oh so hungry for your love" ? It plays in the documentary "Heavy Petting" about 10 minutes into the feature during a great disrobing montage, just after Spaulding Grey explains about his mother discovering his Marilyn Monroe pinups.
    The Plaids - Hungry For Your Love {1958}

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5CJ0-CvMK8

Dan

3. aicheyearaem said:

Default Thanks!

I had tried and tried to boolean it up on my own - I really really appreciate the assist! THANK YOU DAN! ! !

4. Claybricks said:

Quote Originally Posted by aicheyearaem View Post
    I had tried and tried to boolean it up on my own - I really really appreciate the assist! THANK YOU DAN! ! !
    aicheyearaem,

You're very welcome!

Dan

5. DJNippa said:

For future unknown tracks, why don't you download the SHAZAM app. It's an essential app for all music fans. It recognises the sound pattern, and then shows you what it's called. I swear by it, especially if I've got a recording of the track I'm looking for, but have forgotten what it's called
    I just put the phone towards the speaker, click the button, and Shazam it's The Plaids "Hungry For Your Love".