Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    rose4576

rose4576

rose4576

I can't help it.. I am biased... I admit!! I looove this song!!! great song! I am dancing my way to work with this song!! may we all have a magical day

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rose4576 View Post
    I can't help it.. I am biased... I admit!! I looove this song!!! great song! I am dancing my way to work with this song!! may we all have a magical day
    No prob, I love it too

Thanks

My favorites from 2004:

(my winner)

Thanks

Thanks

Default Eurovision

TO PATTMOREIRA: Thank you, thank you, thank you for this dynamic, interesting thread. Since I discovered BARIS AKARSU three years ago and fell in love with his singing . . . my heart has opened to the music of many lands. On the BARIS AKARSU OFFICIAL WEBSITESI, everyone talked about "Eurovision," which I had no access to. Even on ATL, I've whined that I don't know what's going on when Eurovision is in progress!

Now you've opened this wonderful thread, which is also a retrospective of Eurovision--going way back!! I had no idea what a big thing this was. Even though I lived in Europe for three years--no one ever talked to me about it! I LOVE THIS THREAD. Can't wait to listen to each and every one! Isolated here in Kentucky, USA, I send you my appreciation!

Quote Originally Posted by Pattmoreira View Post
    Cyprus is so underrated :/
    TO PATTMOREIRA: 1996 - Cyprus. Constantinos Christoforou - "Mono Gia Mas." I love this song! So, I'll agree--Cyprus is underrated.

Quote Originally Posted by rose4576 View Post
    TO ROSE4576: Hello, Rose!! ...1978 Israeli disco! Ha! "Ah-Bah-Nee-Bee." A new thought and experience for me! You shared something that helps me connect with the musical history of another land; something I would not have expected. Disco!! I guess it was a world phenomenon.

My favorites from 2004:
    (my winner)
    TO PATTMOREIRA: 2004 - Your winner-- Serbia & Montenegro. I can see why. The traditional flute introduction slays me. And the singer--ahhhh! so good!! This may be my favorite of those I've picked to listen to so far!

2004 Turkey Finals--Rock! Athena - "For Real" in English. But isn't this a Turkish song? I recall BARIS AKARSU singing it! The "khuhh!-khuhh!-khuhh-khuhh!" part always gets to me, as does the musical introduction (repeated as an interlude throughout the song). So . . . is this a Turkish song translated into English ?? This is not my favorite talent of the ones I've heard; but the group did a good job of joining electric-rock/Turkish music/English lyrics/and a physical performance.

TO PATTMOREIRA: 2004 Macedonia - Tose Proeski - "Life" in English. Very nice!
    _ _ _ _ _

QUESTION #1: (Of the contestants noted here), I ask . . . How can these men be SO talented . . . and nearly all of them SO handsome on top of it?? (OK, everyone knows I go for dark-complexioned men! . . . Nevertheless . . . they ARE very good looking!)

QUESTION #2: Why do the songs always sound more beautiful in a language other than English?? Is it just me?? How do you all feel about it?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie Jasmine View Post

Now you've opened this wonderful thread, which is also a retrospective of Eurovision--going way back!! I had no idea what a big thing this was. Even though I lived in Europe for three years--no one ever talked to me about it! I LOVE THIS THREAD. Can't wait to listen to each and every one! Isolated here in Kentucky, USA, I send you my appreciation!
    I love this contest, really. Some decades ago, here in this small country, Portugal, people used to stop to see it! Do not know if you have already research but each country has its own way of choosing the song that is going to represent them. Here they do another mini-contest, with jury and with the public vote. Many of our greatest songscame out of the contest. It's fantastic.

A new thought and experience for me! You shared something that helps me connect with the musical history of another land; something I would not have expected. Disco!! I guess it was a world phenomenon.
    That's what I love most! We can discover a little more from other lands through their language and culture!

2004 Turkey Finals--Rock! Athena - "For Real" in English. But isn't this a Turkish song? I recall BARIS AKARSU singing it! The "khuhh!-khuhh!-khuhh-khuhh!" part always gets to me, as does the musical introduction (repeated as an interlude throughout the song). So . . . is this a Turkish song translated into English ?? This is not my favorite talent of the ones I've heard; but the group did a good job of joining electric-rock/Turkish music/English lyrics/and a physical performance.
    Yes this is a turkish song from this funny turkish group "Athena". It's the original song. Every song has to be totaly original and published in certain dates.

QUESTION #1: (Of the contestants noted here), I ask . . . How can these men be SO talented . . . and nearly all of them SO handsome on top of it?? (OK, everyone knows I go for dark-complexioned men! . . . Nevertheless . . . they ARE very good looking!)

QUESTION #2: Why do the songs always sound more beautiful in a language other than English?? Is it just me?? How do you all feel about it?
    #1 Answer: I'm still looking for an answer to that! It's totaly true!

#2 Answer: I agree. But some say that singing in English everyone are able to understand it, everyone realizes what they mean. Many songs are in two languages. I prefer in their own language. We have beautiful languages in the old continent!

If you want to know more, go the official site of the Eurovision, it's open during all the year, and you can discover everything about it! Go to eurovision.tv ^^

Thanks

I love SERBIA
    Last edited by Pattmoreira; 07-29-2011 at 06:10 AM.

Thanks

Thanks

And now Bosnia & Herzegovina

(the truly winner!!)

Thanks

Eurovision 1968 - Cliff Richard - Congratulations

Ρεμπέτικο για πάντα. Μάγκες είμαστε.

Thanks

Eurovision 1974 - Olivia Newton-John - Long Live Love

Thanks

Eurovision 1967 - Vicky - L'amour est Bleu

Thanks

Hello everyone! Do you still remember that the annual festival of music that we used to see on television when we were young with our parents? Good news! It still exists! And with many more participants, many more cultures to share ... so it's fantastic! Let's share our knowledge
    Yes I remember and I watched it since 08'. This year (2011) was horrible; no decent songs.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,723 Times in 1,309 Posts

Some of my all time favourites:

Christine Guldbrandsen - Alvedansen (2006, Norway) (@2:20 -2:30 Fantastic!)

Secret Garden - Nocturne (1995 winner - Norway)

Zeljko Joksimovic - Lane moje (2004, Serbia & Montenegro. Sorry, had to post this again, too good for Eurovision )

Thanks

One of my favorite from 2007:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,035 Times in 680 Posts

1. 1977 France "Marie Myriam - L'oiseau et l'enfant"

2. 1964 Italy "Gigliola Cinquetti - Non Ho L'Età"

3. 1975 Netherlands "Teach in - Ding-A-Dong"

4. 1987 Greece "Bang - Stop"

5. 1990 Spain "Azucar Moreno - Bandido"

6. 1991 Sweden "Carola - Fångad av en stormvind"

7. 1997 UK "Katrina & The Waves - Love shine a light"

8. 2002 Finland "Laura - Addicted to you"

9. 2005 Hungary "NOX - Forogj, világ!"

10. 2008 Armenia "Sirusho - "QELE, QELE""

11. 2008 Switzerland "Paolo Meneguzzi - Era Stupendo"

12. 2009 Armenia "Inga & Anush - Jan Jan"

13. 2009 Estonia "Urban Symphony - Randajad"

14. 2009 France "Patricia Kaas - Et S'il Fallait Le Faire"

I prefer this vid than the original!

15. 2010 Croatia "Feminnem - Lako je sve"

Vid from DORA 2010

PS there are some wonderfull songs already mentioned....
    Last edited by Amethystos; 08-23-2011 at 01:02 PM.
    "Gilgamesh, where are you hurrying to?
    You will never find that life for which you are looking.
    When the gods created man they allotted to him death,
    but life they retained in their own keeping"

Thanks

I love this two They made me feel proud of being Portuguese. And I love ESC, always have.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by YinPT View Post
    I love this two They made me feel proud of being Portuguese. And I love ESC, always have.

Também a mim E a Filipa não foi nada má, o que já não se pode dizer deste ano. It doesn't matter, we have nice music but it's too underrated.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast