Pet Peeves

Thread: Pet Peeves

Tags: None
  1. random123 said:

Lightbulb Pet Peeves

I have a few pet peeves about this site and I've only been a member for a day. In general I like this site and feel that it is a big help to many people, possibly even myself in the future. Now, on to the pet peeves.

First: On all forums there is a sticky thread linking to the forum rules. This link is broken.

Second: If it is not in the forum rules already, I'm unaware -- see above, there should be an addendum which suggests people use a search engine, such as Google or Yahoo!, to search before posting. While not mandatory, many users can find the answers they are looking for much sooner than waiting for someone to respond here.

Third: The general amount of knowledge of the English language. Now, I know many users are not either from the U.S. nor speak English fluently, and to those people I do not direct this to. But, as a general courtesy, especially when asking for identification of a song, it is a good idea to use proper English.

jynxy said:

gotta agree with you in proper english when asking for songs. i read some posts where i wrote the person back because i had no idea what song they asked for. i realize that this typing i'm doing isn't perfect, but it's understandable and that's all i ask for. and all ya'll who ask for translations, that is alot of work, give the people some credit, and if you can look online and find a translation that's already been done as opposed to asking other people to do that work again cuz you are to lazy to look, that would be considerate.

and ummm, random, the link for the rules works.
    Last edited by jynxy; 08-16-2006 at 09:05 PM.
    Y ERES TU, SOLO TU
    LA QUE ME LLEVA A LA LUNA
    LA QUE CALMA MIS LOCURAS
    LA QUE ME QUEMA LA PIEL
    Y ERES TU, SIEMPRE TU
    ANGEL DE LA MADRUGADA
    EL TATUAJE DE MI ALMA
    PARA SIEMPRE TE ENCONTRE

jetstew said:

Random:

There is nothing wrong with the links (they actually aren't links, they are post topics, just made sticky) I think it is your computer. If you can read any of the threads at all, you should be able to see the forum rules as well.

Secondly, Why would we tell everyone to search Google? There would be no need for this site, now would there? Chill