Zardanadam- Kafam Seninle Güzel

Thread: Zardanadam- Kafam Seninle Güzel

Tags: None

partizanka said:

Default Zardanadam- Kafam Seninle Güzel

There are a few grammar forms that I'm not sure of in this song. I wanted to check if I'm understanding them correctly.
    a) o ____lardan değilim - Does this mean something like "I'm not one of those ____ (type of people)
    b) verb ending -eyim - Is this "let me" or just like "I will" or is there a better translation for it?
    Thank you.

Kafam Seninle Güzel =D // My Mind is Beautiful With You =D (I think this basically means I feel good with you, I'm happy, etc...?)

Bir garip bataklıksın girdim çıkamıyorum, // You're a foreign swamp, I went into it, I can't get out of it
    Tanrım bu ne güzel bir yenilgi, karşı koyamıyorum // My gawd, what a beautiful defeat this is, I can't resist
    Ben o şaşkınlardan değilim, yalanlarla eğleneyim. // I'm not one of those confused people, let me have fun with lies
    Ben o aptallardan değilim, boyalı dünyaya yenileyim. // I'm not one of those fools, let me be defeated to the painted world *

Seninle kafam güzel, en derine çekince seni, // My mind is beautiful with you, while pulling/inhaling you into the greatest depth
    Dünyam bana özel, kafam seninle güzel. // My world is special to me, my mind is beautiful with you.
    Diner bu yağmurlar, bu günler de geçer, // These rains end, and these days pass
    En güzel rüyalar, en tatlı hayaller, kafam seninle güzel. // The most beautiful dreams, the sweetest visions, my mind is beautiful with you

Galiba yine haklısın, uyutuyorlar hepimizi, // I think you're right again, they're putting all of us to sleep (fooling us all)
    Sağlam nefesler lazım, açmak için gözlerimizi, // We need some fresh air in order to open our eyes (literally-healthy breaths)
    Ben o korkaklardan değilim, belimde silahla gezineyim. // I'm not one of those cowards, let me walk around with a weapon at my waist
    Ben o yavşaklardan değilim, patronun önünde eğileyim. // I'm not one of those trouble-makers, let me bow down before the boss.

*dünyaya yenileyim- In English I think it doesn't really make sense (at least for me) to say "defeated to the world", but rather to say "defeated by the world". Does this line mean the same as that? Or is it that he doesn't want to be concerned with the world anymore, he's tired of it?

Thank you very much for any corrections. I'm sorry to post so many songs. This is my last week of summer holiday, so I'll stop soon.

Berna said:

There are a few grammar forms that I'm not sure of in this song. I wanted to check if I'm understanding them correctly.
    a) o ____lardan değilim - Does this mean something like "I'm not one of those ____ (type of people)
    correct
    b) verb ending -eyim - Is this "let me" or is there a better translation for it?
    Thank you.
    correct but in this song it means like why/what the hell will i...even though in sentence it doesn't say why or what the hell but i'd rather translate in this way to give the right meaning in English

Kafam Seninle Güzel =D // My Mind is Beautiful With You =D (I think this basically means I feel good with you, I'm happy, etc...?)
    Kafa(si) guzel olmak means to be drunk or better in english to get high so the meaning is i get high with you

Bir garip bataklıksın girdim çıkamıyorum, // You're a foreign swamp, I went into it, I can't get out of it
    garip means weird, or strange
    Tanrım bu ne güzel bir yenilgi, karşı koyamıyorum // My gawd, what a beautiful defeat this is, I can't resist
    Ben o şaşkınlardan değilim, yalanlarla eğleneyim. // I'm not one of those confused people, so why will i have fun with lies? (i'm not so stupid in order to believe in lies)
    Ben o aptallardan değilim, boyalı dünyaya yenileyim. // I'm not one of those fools, so (what the hell) will i be defeated by the fancy world? *
    boyali dunya means like fancy world

Seninle kafam güzel, en derine çekince seni, // My mind is beautiful with you, while pulling/inhaling you into the greatest depth
    I am high with you when i puff you (like drugs) the deepest inside me
    Dünyam bana özel, kafam seninle güzel. // My world is special to me, my mind is beautiful with you.
    Diner bu yağmurlar, bu günler de geçer, // These rains end, and these days pass
    En güzel rüyalar, en tatlı hayaller, kafam seninle güzel. // The most beautiful dreams, the sweetest visions, my mind is beautiful with you

Galiba yine haklısın, uyutuyorlar hepimizi, // I think you're right again, they're putting all of us to sleep (fooling us all)
    Sağlam nefesler lazım, açmak için gözlerimizi, // We need some fresh air in order to open our eyes (literally-healthy breaths)
    Ben o korkaklardan değilim, belimde silahla gezineyim. // I'm not one of those cowards, so (what the hell) will i walk arround with a gun at my waist?( means like i'm not coward and i dont need a weapon)
    Ben o yavşaklardan değilim, patronun önünde eğileyim. // I'm not one of those trouble-makers, let me bow down before the boss.
    here yavsak means lickspittle(who sucks up to) I'm not one of those lickspittles so (what the hell) will i bow down in front of my boss?

*dünyaya yenileyim- In English I think it doesn't really make sense (at least for me) to say "defeated to the world", but rather to say "defeated by the world". Does this line mean the same as that? Or is it that he doesn't want to be concerned with the world anymore, he's tired of it?
    he is just saying he's aware of everything what's going on, not like the other stupid people

Thank you very much for any corrections. I'm sorry to post so many songs. This is my last week of summer holiday, so I'll stop soon.
    you can post as much as you wish, we're all here to help each other

Again great translation as always

partizanka said:

Berna, I appreciate this so much, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Berna View Post
    b) verb ending -eyim - Is this "let me" or is there a better translation for it?
    Thank you.
    correct but in this song it means like why/what the hell will i...even though in sentence it doesn't say why or what the hell but i'd rather translate in this way to give the right meaning in English
    Ohhhhhh, that makes so much more sense now! Especially I was wondering because of the last lines "Ben o korkaklardan değilim, belimde silahla gezineyim. Ben o yavşaklardan değilim, patronun önünde eğileyim." It didn't make much sense to me the way I translated it.

Kafam Seninle Güzel =D
    Kafa(si) guzel olmak means to be drunk or better in english to get high so the meaning is i get high with you
    I sort of had that impression from it. This =D face is sort of our "high" face. That's also why when he says "en derine çekince seni" I thought it might mean "inhaling".

Ben o korkaklardan değilim, belimde silahla gezineyim. // I'm not one of those cowards, so (what the hell) will i walk arround with a gun at my waist?( means like i'm not coward and i dont need a weapon)
    A real man. :P

you can post as much as you wish, we're all here to help each other

Again great translation as always

Thank you so much.