Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrells soundtrack

Thread: Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrells soundtrack

Tags: None

dan said:

Default Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrells soundtrack

Hi,
    There is a track I am looking for from the movie 'Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels'. There is a track that doesnt appear to be on the soundtrack available on CD. The track appears a few times on the movie. Its like a theme for the guys that rob the weed and money. Its just bassicly an electric guitar with a bass and drums - thats it! Not much of a description but someone might know it!
    Thanks

Vette said:

If no one else replies to your post, I'll check the dvd tomorrow. The credits should list all tracks played.

On a side note: That's a cool movie. Full of action!

dan said:

Ok thanks mate.
    It is a great film!

Vette said:

I think the your song is "Fool's Gold" by The Stone Roses.

You can listen to snippets of the songs here.
  5. madmanmick said:

it could also be 'fu*king in the bushses' by Oasis

dan said:

Sorry people definetely not any of these tracks! The song by Stone Roses is a brilliant song though and the Oasis song is on snatch.

Looked through the soundtrack several times and it isn't on it, although I don't own the DVD or VHS so I can't look at the credited songs.

Thanks anyway for searching
  7. madmanmick said:

woops my bad got the movies confused.

Vette said:

I checked the credits, but there weren't as many songs listed as there are on the link I provided. There were two releases of the soundtrack. One is the US release which only had 18 songs, and there's the UK release, which is the one in the link.

Sorry, I couldn't help.

PS: The

Vette said:

*oops! Sorry for the PS:

I was going to mention the two different releases, but I added that in my first paragraph.

dan said:

i found a small snippet of part of this track im looking for......

does anybody have an email address i can send this 2?
    thanks

Vette said:

you can send it here:

zbiz@comcast.net
  12. nordberg said:

I may well be able to help you if you private message me first, then you can e mail me the clip of the track. I actually own the dvd too, and have quite a few tracks from the film. Lots, in fact.

Think maybe I'll put the film on in a bit to try to jog my memory.

P.S. It's not 'Why Did You Do It?', by Stretch, is it? Classic tune.
  13. nordberg said:

Here we go. This is the track I mentioned in our e mails. It is by the Stooges and its called 'I Wanna Be Your Dog', made famous in Lock Stock when Nick Moran's character (whose name eludes me) is proper stitched up by Hatchett Harry over a silly little card game!

Hope this is the one mate. Happy listening.

Vette said:

Is that the song? I ask because that particular song was listed on the website I provided, but you said it definitely wasn't any of those tracks (unless you were referring to something else.)
  15. nordberg said:

Sorry Vette! I have mislead you there. I actually suggested the wrong track altogether. I would suggest that you have done some decent investigative work as ever, altho I would still be amazed if any of us can find this piece of music, as it was only ever recorded for use in the film. Doesn't feature on any soundtrack, so getting hold of it will almost certainly involve someone taking it directly from the dvd.

Sorry for the confusion tho. I realised as soon as I had posted that it wasn't the right song at all. Silly me......

Vette said:

No problem, Nordie! It's cool.

dan said:

Yep it definitly looks like it was made for the film. What a shame, it is such a good track! Thanks for looking anyway everyone
  18. wimnat said:

The song you're thinking of is Zorba's Dance by Mouskouri. It certainly wasn't composed for the movie!
  19. neesh said:

I suspect it is not an Oasis tune but this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QAAFoekurc
    Hope this helps