Sk'nDeep's Audio

Thread: Sk'nDeep's Audio

Tags: None

SK'nDeep said:

Default Sk'nDeep's Audio

Wispers N the dark
    This is based on the true story of my F*** UP life. I have only rapped as a hobby, an outlet to clear my head from the turmoil I deal with on a daily basis...This was performed to Eminem's when I'm gone... I added some effects to it. I am not the best rapper but I tried to work with what I had for lyrics. I know I need some work. any pointers please let me know so I can improve.

http://www.reverbnation.com/skndeep#!
    Last edited by SK'nDeep; 09-07-2011 at 01:23 PM.
    Peace Love Empathy

Sk'nDeep

Who said:

Racism is a BIG problem in the US. I like the fact that you rap for a specific reason. Many rapapers these days just rap because they like to do it, not that this is a bad reason to rap, it's just nothing is motivating that person to do it. Know what I mean?? Anyways.. Nice track. I think you got a nice flow. This track is a touching one. I enjoyed listening to it. I really don't see anything wrong with the lyrics or anything, but then again I'm not a pro.
    Brain is athletic, I let it run

SK'nDeep said:

I can't wait untill I drop Trail of Tears on audio. Just having a hard time making a beat for it.

thanks for your feed back who.
    Peace Love Empathy

Sk'nDeep

SK'nDeep said:

I have just updated this. I re recorded today. please tell me what you think.
    Peace Love Empathy

Sk'nDeep
  5. MarvelousG said:

Damn Sk'n this was deep. You put yourself into them lyrics. Definitely had me brainwashed. I like the name too, it reminds me of Whispers in the Dark by Skillet. You definitely had the flow but what stood out was the emotion the most. Good job man.

SK'nDeep said:

thanks man....i dout me self too much...lol
    Peace Love Empathy

Sk'nDeep
  7. MarvelousG said:

lol yeah I know what you mean. Whenever I write my verses I get caught up in what other people are gonna think. But trust me, you deff did 'When I'm Gone' justice.

SK'nDeep said:

thanks man...I have more comming soon. I plan on making a beat for trail of tears from the start. if you have not read that one yet. you must. It is a very stong suject. it's about the Natave Americans and our hystory. I am not NAtive but I feel thier pain.
    Peace Love Empathy

Sk'nDeep
  9. MarvelousG said:

Ohh I haven't read that one I'll search for it bro

Molotova said:

Yeah, it's better than the first version ! You're improving, me like.
    1 <3

SK'nDeep said:

Wew song added. Priceless...
    this song is about my wife. I wish I had a profesional studio but is the best I could do with what I had.
    Please click link to hear.

thanks.
    http://www.reverbnation.com/skndeep#!

Tech issues. editing....sorry guys...
    Last edited by SK'nDeep; 09-23-2011 at 05:41 PM.
    Peace Love Empathy

Sk'nDeep
  12. _SBU said:

Hey SK'n.
    I just checked your page.. 'Priceless' isn't up yet, but I just checked out "Wispers in the Dark', at last.
    (.I'd heard your earlier version on my crappy laptop speakers and it sounded a bit crunchy on them, but you replaced it before I got around to chjecking it on headphones, and then I forgot to check the new version for a while, eh, sorry about that mate.)
    Anyways, 'Wispers' is dope. I really feel the flow and style of your lyricism and you ride the beat well. I like it.

This is a compliment and not a criticism, but I think your lyrics and integral flow are slightly ahead of your delivery. that's not a bad thing.. coz it's good to have a little room for improvement when you're already making all-round dope tracks. props.

SK'nDeep said:

Thanks SBU I plan on recording it again with a faster tempo to the beat and a lower tone in my voice. what do you think of that idea? anyways. I will check back latter. thanks again.
    Peace Love Empathy

Sk'nDeep

Molotova said:

I'm sorry, I've been gone for a while, so I just seen your PM with the link to this audio.
    Just like SBU, I can only see Whispers in the Dark, I can't see any other songs ...
    1 <3

SK'nDeep said:

Priceless is ready to hear enjoy...leave feed back please
    Peace Love Empathy

Sk'nDeep
  16. Seraphina said:

wow frst of all great voice haha well i think its sum good **** especially the whispers n the dark wow i dont do audio but check out my frst post if u can
  17. MarvelousG said:

Damn Sk'n you did it again with Priceless, you had a good flow, deep, and lyrically on point, keep it up man can't wait til the next drop.
    Y'all could never roast me cause Imma keep on boasting, and toasting to myself every night, it's a lyrical hosting, welcome to the lime light.

AyeYoItsKarma said:

your echos were really nice in this SKNDEEP
    and your flow was a bit choppy in all honesty
    but honestly not that bad listened to this a few times bro
    but flowing wise your short on syllables wich means your using to many
    short syllables as in ONE RHYMING WORDS try THROWING IN MULTIES
    ending multies bro it increases your flow and your mic pressence needs work in other words
    when you record go in with confidence and this is something most rappers with home studios
    DON'T GET IT IT'S YOUR STUDIO YOUR STUDIO YOUR TIME PERFECT IT BREAK IT DOWN
    make it seem perfect bro seems like it was almost done in one take you should just record
    FOUR BARS,=FOUR LINES and pause to catch your breath play it over again and catch up on the
    rest of the FOUR BARS,FOUR LINES and that's how your audio will improve bro over all
    IT WAS ****EN GOOD not going to lie expected less from you but deff got me by surprise
    but overall good ****en **** bruh YOUR CHORUS IS ****EN NICE HONESTLY
    IF YOU HAD BETTER QUALITY i'd hop on this and remix it bruh try getting better
    quality what type of mic you use? i mean it's probably the mixing if you need some one to mix it
    professionally hit me up bruh quality is iffy but can be improved overall good **** skndeep
    nice to see you again bruh keep at it tho

SK'nDeep said:

Karma, I think you are a fantastic lyricist. I have heard most of your tracks, and I have loved each one. any advice I can receive from you is well appreciated.
    Thanks for your wisdom. I have not rapped much. I mainly wrote as an outlet to keep my feet on the ground. as for my equipment. lol ha ha. I am using a free trial program called mix pad. and I have a $40.00 sure mic from RadioShack 12 years old. I make beats on a Rolland mc505 Groove box which is about 13 years old. so yeah...I don't have what I need to make a professional recording. but Priceless was just me mixing the accapella and the instrumental to my taste.
    I am a bit confused when it comes to syllable count? I have always stacked my rhymes and tried to sound original over all you know....And I'm glad I had some effect to your ears. This means allot since you hear and perform like amazing artists as your self.
    Peace Love Empathy

Sk'nDeep

AyeYoItsKarma said:

well i know some one with a really good mixing program and can make up to
    GUITAR HERO MICS and COMPUTER MICS seem like it's on some studio
    quality type of **** but yeah with the whole syllable count
    it's like EVERY BEAT no matter what type of beat it is slow fast
    techno rock any type of beat works the same way if you can get the syllable count
    while writing to one beat GURANTEE YOU IT'LL FLOW TO ANY TYPE OF BEAT YOU WANT
    this is how you do it LISTEN TO THE INSTRUMENTAL and in each instrumental there;s
    a certain amount of time where you can fit in your FIRST LINE in other words you FIRST BAR
    IN AUDIO ONE LINE IS EQUIVALENT TO ONE BAR TEXT TWO LINES IS EQUIVALENT TO ONE BAR
    but this is audio so keep your mind focused on one line is one bar because if you have the whole text
    stuff in your head it'll throw you off balance with that being sad listen to a beat and usually
    from BEGGINING OF FIRST LINE to the END OF THE FIRST LINE there's seconds taking place in it
    FOUR SECONDS is ONE BAR listen to the beat count from ONE.......TWO.......THREE........FOUR <---THAT'S ONE BAR
    for example this is written with NO BEAT

and i don't really care about what anybody's gotta say
    i got the biggest gun to spit,i guess i got the hottest flames

READ THAT FLOW IT TO YOUR LIKING AND AT THE SAME TIME YOUR FLOWING
    COUNT FROM ONE TO FOUR with the first line and do the same with the second
    do it with your fingers tho not to slow not to fast bruh and gurantee you those two lines it's self
    IS EQUIVALENT TO 8 SECONDS AND YOU CAN PLAY ANY BEAT YOU'D LIKE AND BET IT'LL FLOW PERFECTLY
    that's the syllable count bro the seconds and length of a line is what honestly keeps your flow going if that
    didn't help your question then perhaps this will [zcsu1RlklFU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcsu1RlklFU[/video] <----that'll help you bruh that's mah homie he helped me as well with the whole bars ****
    but yeah thanks for the audio compliment but more music coming threw make sure to like the fan page and peep the new
    audio that's in the forums section www.facebook.com/ThatKidKarma hope this helped you bruh