About Arab Occasions

Thread: About Arab Occasions

Tags: None
  1. mvnr1 said:

Default About Arab Occasions

at randa434's request, here's a thread about Arab occasions

since i have nothing in my mind to start with, randa434 suggested marriage to be the 1st thing to talk about

in Egypt, the 1st step to marriage is erayet el fat7a in which the bridegroom and his family visit the family of the bride to discuss everything about the marriage and when everything is ok they read sooret Al-Fatiha (in Al-Qur'an), then the bridegroom and bride go together to buy el shabka which is 2 engagement rings, one for the bridegroom and one for the bride

then an engagement party is held in which the bride wears a dress that's similar to a wedding dress but not a white one, at this party the 2 engagement rings r officially worn, the engagement ring is worn on the ring finger of the right hand

then the bridegroom and bride start arranging for the marriage by buying the furniture and this stuff, then comes the wedding in which the marriage official finishes the procedures of katb el ketab (marriage), at the wedding party the wedding rings r officially worn, the wedding ring is worn on the ring finger of the left hand

at the wedding party there will be a lot of za3'areet which r a kind of sound that's made by the tongue, u can hear how it sounds in the song Didi by Milk & Honey (the remake of Khaled's Didi), there's also a drink called sharbat (which is a sweet red drink) is offered at the wedding party for the guests

the bridegroom and bride get out of the wedding accompanied by the guests and get in a car that's specially decorated for the wedding, and the car drives them to the house they will live in, then starts the honeymoon and life goes on

i hope i didn't forget anything

we alf alf alf alfff mabrook lel 3arosen
    Last edited by mvnr1; 09-09-2011 at 01:32 PM.

2. randa434 said:

wowww it's great merci mvnr1
    ya3ni bridegroom pays for his ring too? poor he
    what is the colour for engagement dress?
    the wedding rings are different from engagement rings aw nafse shi?

belhana

3. mvnr1 said:

@ randa434

yes the bridegroom pays for that

to see how an engagement dress looks, type in Google Images فستان خطوبة

yes the wedding rings r the same engagement rings

4. randa434 said:

who pays for engagement party?
    in iran the bride family arrange the engagement party and also pay for that

5. mvnr1 said:

@ randa434

yes the same in Egypt

VivaPalestina said:

Quote Originally Posted by randa434 View Post
    who pays for engagement party?
    in iran the bride family arrange the engagement party and also pay for that
    Levantine tradition is slightly different - we make the guy pay for everything Every single thing.

You can imagine the issues when inter-cultural marriages occur

loolooalbadr said:

Viva,,,do you have any idea about Yemeni's wedding,,,??? thanks in advance,,,

VivaPalestina said:

Hmm interesting, ive never asked a Yemeni. I'll get back to you on it.

loolooalbadr said:

ehmmm Viva so appreciate listen for ur answer,,,im waiting for u,,, شكرا