Memories of You and I (my first song)

Thread: Memories of You and I (my first song)

Tags: acoustic, first song, love song
  1. southernman said:

Post Memories of You and I (my first song)

This is my first song, I wrote it on my acoustic with a pretty neat choice of chord progressions. Let me know what you think. Thanks!!!

When we first met
    I didn't realize
    just how lucky i was

it took some time
    to see through my pride
    how far i had fallen in LOVE

we would stay at home
    all day long
    just lying around in bed

we were the first to leave
    all the parties
    rather be together instead

I keep holding on
    to these memories
    of you and I
    waiting for the day
    to wake up with you
    by my side

It feels like a year
    since you've been here
    with me everyday

and i must say
    that no one has ever
    made me feel this way

(last two in progress)

I keep holding on
    to these memories
    of you and I
    I keep holding on
    to these memories
    of you and I

tackpic_47 said:

"It took some time
    to see through my pride
    how far i had fallen in LOVE"
    I like that...i have an acoustic too...but I never play because its hard to switch chords..I can take it when the strings eat my finger tips..but its just switching chord to chord managing to keep rhythm...but all in all I like your song...I caught to rhythm quick and it had a nice flow-with the message!
    Rhymes-fade....Only the fans bring them back to life!

3. southernman said:

Hey thanks a lot! Yeah if you wanna try and feel it out it is G, Bm, to Am for the verses then F, C, G, D for the chorus. I used o have the same problem with my fingertips, but after a month or so of playing everyday I couldn't feel a thing due to the calluses haha. But thanks again for reading! I really appreciate it!

4. southernman said:

Oh I just re read your comment. But Yeah I had that problem too. The only answer is practice practice practice. Try going back and forth between chords until you can get it up to speed then try another chord change.

Lm_Rich said:

Its pretty good for a first song. Hav u heard of all time low? As i was reading the lyrics i was imagineing the music in my head. It sounded like anamazing pop punk ballad! Oh and try getting a 3/4 guitar they have narrower necks so changing chords is easier. And as for the finger tip practi.ce
    Live_Learn+Let_Loose

6. southernman said:

I've heard all time low by widespread panic. But its not punk by any means. I appreciate it though. I am thinking about posting more soon. I know I have a lot of work to do...to say the least haha