Please help!

Thread: Please help!

Tags: None
  1. runbethierun said:

Question Please help!

I need some help in identifying a song that I've now heard played not only in the mall but also at Applebee's. The song is sung by a male, but it sounds as if it may feature a female vocalist during portions of the song. I could not hear the song too well, but I think some of the words in the song are "fly," "high," and "sky." It may have even had something about a dragonfly or firefly--crazy, I know!

Long portions of the song are just instrumental, and these portions sound very Bhangra-like to me. If it helps at all, the song was played after Rihanna's "Cheers (Drink to That)" at Applebee's.

I know this isn't much to go on, but any suggestions or help would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance!

2. Th3Diplomat said:

3. simnia said:

Is it a new song, or old? I can think of many oldies like that, since those are standard, overused lyrics for rhyming. A few examples...

Fly, Robin, Fly (Silver Convention, 1975, "Save Me" album (1975), authors Stephan Prager & Sylvester Levay)
    Fly, Little White Dove, Fly (The Bells, 1971, "Fly, Little White Dove, Fly" album)
    She's My Girl (The Turtles, 1967, "The Turtles! More Golden Hits" album (1970), authors Gordon & Bonner)
    Itchycoo Park (The Small Faces, 1967, "The Autumn Stone" album (1969))
    Natural High (Bloodstone, 1973, "Natural High" album (1973), author Charles McCormick)

4. zmarilynlovesoldies said:

Owl City Fireflies maybe ?