IMPORTANT - For those who want their lyrics to be reviewed

Thread: IMPORTANT - For those who want their lyrics to be reviewed

Tags: None

Tania ATL said:

Default IMPORTANT - For those who want their lyrics to be reviewed

Read and write review for at least one other's lyrics!

Seriously, if you're interested to know what people think about your poetry, just put yourself on the other's place - there's a lot of beginner authors, and all of them crave for your opinion upon their lyrics - so give to them, and you'll be reviewed in reward. It's just like (it seems) our world works - if you want something to happen to you, do it first to some other.
    Last edited by Tania ATL; 11-01-2011 at 02:46 PM.

2. ironynotlost said:

Great point. That's the perfect system. In fact, an old hippie, or hippie borrowed concept, was put more in than what you think you should and there'll be plenty for all!

I'd also like to say, that when you post try to make it count ... not just idle words. Just about every one wants to get better and professional. I mean song writing, poetry, word-arts is ultimately intended for the public (to whatever degree) - so let's say WHY something seems catchy, hooky or desirable to a listener. Just stroking others won't get them or you anywhere. Tell us if it's good. Tell us if not and why you think so. And everyone has to do some thinking. One thought is - this is a relative jungle online. That means you don't take everything without a salt shaker handy. Thanks!

3. ironynotlost said:

Now I'll reply to myself. I've found that there are more views to my songs then I've seen on other websites.
    However, there are practically no responses and the maybe one response says something as skimpy as what
    genre is this (to an obviously pop song), or this reminds me of my stuff (like - check me out).
    Another dud here, apparently.

Frankie Jasmine said:

ironynotlost, your post not lost on me. Just late in being received. Guess all the lyricists are too busy writing songs to comment on this thread!! No, I think the ideas you and dear Tanya put forth are valid. I know that I tend to check out someone else's posts who respond to mine. It just seems the thing to do when someone is kind enough to respond. It has stirred me to look up writers, although I am more often on the "listening end" of songs, sharing international music videos, etc.

As for me, the people (like Sk'n'Deep) whom I looked up and commented on their songs, it was because the title of the song intrigued me (and this has been the case with a few others). If I read a few lines and see someone's writing is "speaking to me" (so to speak! ), I usually read through and comment. But there are beginning writers too. Hey! There's nothing wrong with starting off your post with, "I'm a beginning writer and I'd like to hear the good, bad, and the ugly about my song." Or, if you're too sensitive and need encouragement, to post that before your song too--"Hey, I'm new and trying, but a bit down-hearted. Anyone wish to share what you DO like about the song?"

I do NOT encourage this, but I have read songs where someone has written something like: "Please help me name this song," or "This song is untitled--What's your opinion?" I've checked out a couple of those too. But generally, it is the actual title that pulls me in to read a song, as I look down the list.

Best to all new and seasoned lyricists and poets . . .

5. Tokie said:

Shoot, I'll start a comment fest.

Frankie Jasmine said:

Waiting!

7. Zxyn Sheikh ZAni said:

yOU KNOW THE ACTUAL THINGS
    I M NEW HERE AND I WANt TO POST SOME LYRICS
    TELL ME ALL THE PROCEDUER U kNOW ABOUT THIS sITE

Tania ATL said:

Just post what you want here, in Lyrics Review. If you write rap lyrics, then go to Rap Lyrics Review subsection. That's all.

Alex Stieve said:

every one just come done no need to freak out just find another thread

10. Stleos said:

Nice one.. You on whatsap ?

11. figola said:

Quote Originally Posted by Tania ATL View Post
    Read and write review for at least one other's lyrics!

Seriously, if you're interested to know what people think about your poetry, just put yourself on the other's place - there's a lot of beginner authors, and all of them crave for your opinion upon their lyrics - so give to them, and you'll be reviewed in reward. It's just like (it seems) our world works - if you want something to happen to you, do it first to some other.
    Good, it's all about lifting up,,you are right,let us lift one another, it's a joy.patting a fellow at the back is the best way to remove the chips off his shoulder.
    Figola.