Соња Тарчуловска - Предавници и Јунаци (mk > en)

Thread: Соња Тарчуловска - Предавници и Јунаци (mk > en)

Tags: None
  1. Sofijski Mozart said:

Default Соња Тарчуловска - Предавници и Јунаци (mk > en)

And this one is for - myself. I searched so long for songs sung with proud Serbian-like voices, played with the beauty of Greek flutes and with the sorrow, expressed by Turkish zurni. Now - finally - I found it in the beautiful Macedonian music. Of course I will never admit, any music could attract me more than pure Bulgarian. But thoughts are free

Independent of the original content or intention of this song - for me it stands for the ideals of the whole region, for which it is worth to strike - and to stick together.

I'm sorry, I couldn't found the complete lyrics and tried to add some little parts (red). Please correct my faults. And please translate this very beautiful song into English, when possible.

Соња Тарчуловска - Предавници и Јунаци:

Text1:
    До вчера бевте браќа,
    а сега вака му враќаш,
    со душман ортак се фати,
    затоа Господ ќе ти плати

И јас сум мајка што своите деца
    години сама јас ги пораснав,
    ама дојде време децата
    својот татко го побараа.

Text2:
    A јас сум жена што солзи нема,
    не давам никој да дознае,
    Господ знае зошто самувам
    и по кого срце тагувам.

Refrain:
    Зошто, земјо моја,
    судбина е твоја,
    едни се предавници
    други да се јунаци,

зошто, земјо моја,
    судбина е твоја
    едни да се слободни,
    други да се в темни зандани

Text1

и учи за да ги научи
    кој зошто [?…]
    моете деца се ваш македонци

Text2

Refrain

со душман ортак се фати

Last edited by Sofijski Mozart; 11-12-2011 at 03:50 AM. Reason: moral modified

2. Sofijski Mozart said:

In the meantime I read the Makedonian Wikipedia-article about Јохан Тарчуловски and some other notes (like this in German: http://derstandard.at/1271376996817/...ens-bestaetigt). I didn't know about those incidents and now I see my post touches even more sensitive matters than those I suspected anyway. I'm sorry for my clumsy action. In future I will try to be more carefully.

Whenever I left the Bulgarian borders here, I found involved in war and hate. Despite of all problems in Bulgaria - from this perspective (and viewed from Germany of course) Bulgaria still is one unique paradise and the pearl of the whole region - for me at least.

3. ina said:

Whenever I left the Bulgarian borders here, I found involved in war and hate
    Really, you're not lucky! Neither am I....
    Last edited by ina; 11-14-2011 at 03:30 PM.

4. Sofijski Mozart said:

Don't say that, Ina. We still have each other
    Last edited by Sofijski Mozart; 11-14-2011 at 11:37 PM. Reason: p.c. del.

Athanatos said:

Ina is a shrink

6. ina said:

First two sessions are free! :0

feuersteve said:

and the third?
    Gott zur Ehr, dem nächsten zur Wehr

What if they gave a fire and nobody came.

8. ina said:

We have a deal.
    Last edited by ina; 11-14-2011 at 03:18 PM.

9. Sofijski Mozart said:

To be outside or inside the cell?

Equal - anyway the key you got.

10. ina said:

If your Bulgarian therapy session shows success, the key will be returned to you.

11. Sofijski Mozart said:

Give me a last kick for tonight and let's be gentle again tomorrow. Okay?
    Last edited by Sofijski Mozart; 11-13-2011 at 03:44 PM.

12. ina said:

Ciao!
    Last edited by ina; 11-14-2011 at 03:14 PM.

Milka said:

Quote Originally Posted by Sofijski Mozart View Post
    I didn't know about those incidents and now I see my post touches even more sensitive matters than those I suspected anyway. I'm sorry for my clumsy action. In future I will try to be more carefully.
    It seems an explanation is in order before I translate it.

Sonja's song "Traitors and Heros" is about a doble betrayal. The song is addressing a man, Ljube Boshkovski, who set up her husband Johan (an inocent man) in exchange for his freedom from The Hague tribunal (ICTY).

Sonja is also referring in the song more generally to another betrayal -- from the previous Macedonian governmen led by Branko Crvenkovski -- which arrssted people like Johan Tarchulovski in order to gain support by thte Western powers to stay in power. A very definition of a Fifth column.

Whenever I left the Bulgarian borders here, I found involved in war and hate. Despite of all problems in Bulgaria - from this perspective (and viewed from Germany of course) Bulgaria still is one unique paradise and the pearl of the whole region - for me at least.
    I am glad you enjoy Bulgaria. That s how it should be love and joy. But you should be aware that it all depends on a "frame of reference". By contrast, you may be a Pomak, Turk, Roma, Macedonian, Jehova's witness and harbour a different sentiment. This, just to put things in perspective. ;-)
    Last edited by Milka; 11-13-2011 at 06:17 PM.

Milka said:

До вчера бевте браќа,
    Until yesterday you were brothers
    а сега вака му враќаш,
    And now you give him back like this
    со душман ортак се фати,
    By becoming a partner to the enemy
    затоа Господ ќе ти плати
    That is why God will make you pay.

I too am a mother that
    години сама јас ги пораснав,
    raised my children alone
    ама дојде време децата
    But the time came that the children
    својот татко го побараа.
    Ask for their father.

Text2:
    A јас сум жена што солзи нема,
    I am a wiman without tears
    не давам никој да дознае,
    I do not let anyone know
    Господ знае зошто самувам
    Only God knows why I am alone
    и по кого срце тагувам.
    And for whom my heart is saddened.

Refrain:
    Зошто, земјо моја,
    Why, my country
    судбина е твоја,
    It is your fate
    едни се предавници
    For some to be traitors
    други да се јунаци,
    And others to be heros?

3ошто, земјо моја,
    Why, my country
    судбина е твоја
    It is your fate
    едни да се слободни,
    That some to be free
    други да се в темни зандани
    While others are in dark dungeons.
    Text1

I too am a mother that
    и учи за да ги научи
    thought my own childrem to make them learm
    кој се, што се со векови
    Who and what they are, through the centuries
    моете деца се баш македонци
    My children are very Macedonians.

15. Sofijski Mozart said:

I am grateful for your explanations, Milka. Thank you very much.

I am glad you enjoy Bulgaria. That s how it should be love and joy. But you should be aware that it all depends on a "frame of reference". By contrast, you may be a Pomak, Turk, Roma, Macedonian, Jehova's witness and harbour a different sentiment. This, just to put things in perspective. ;-)
    I know I'm idealising in a romantic manner. I am strange for Bulgarians, they are strange for me. And a long time passed, since I've been there. I saw a lot of conflicts, ethnical and social ones. But I see them growing fast and broad in Germany, too. And this is a rich land. If there is a land which let me hope for the future then it's not USA, Canada, Australia, maybe even not Germany... but Bulgaria. Religion, ethnicity, ideology are shared well. Bulgaria keeps "solid" even in its worst times. This is why I believe in its future. So old the history, but its future starts right now. They just have to trust themselves.

16. Sofijski Mozart said:

... and, dear Milka, I'm very very glad when this song deals with upright feelings and candid intentions. It's one of the most beautiful songs I ever requested here.

Athanatos said:

Quote Originally Posted by Sofijski Mozart View Post
    If there is a land which let me hope for the future then it's not USA, Canada, Australia, maybe even not Germany... but Bulgaria. Religion, ethnicity, ideology are shared well. Bulgaria keeps "solid" even in its worst times. This is why I believe in its future. So old the history, but its future starts right now. They just have to trust themselves.
    Thank you, Mozart!
    I hope you're right about our future! May be I don't believe in this like you do.
    I hope Bulgaria and Macedonia will be together in this Future. Like brother and sister.