Hey Guys.

Can You tell me some Words in saudi arabic dialect_

some insider words , that doesnt excist in other dialects

I already know a few, like..

شدخلتك.. وش السالفه او وش فيك...and so on :P

:P

Maviii said:

there is unlimited words that cannot be written in one file

so it would be easier if you write any words in english then who's expert in khaleeji(saudi) dialect will help you with translation

good luck

3. Yasser.2307 said:

There are so many indeed, but I'll try to give you some basic ones:

Hello - Obviously the respectable word is "Salaam" or "Salaam 3aleykom" but if it's an acquaintance (Friend) of you, you can say "Hala"
    How are you? - "Eish A5barak" or "Kolshe Msawy"
    Where are you? - "Wenak" or "Ween el Naas" (Which literally means "Where are the people" but it is used to ask where someone is)

to call (by phone) - "Deg" - Call me - "Deg 3aleya" - Did you call me? - "Degeet 3aleya" - I called you - "Ani Dageet 3aleek"
    Phone - "Djawal"

Car - Syara ( just like fos7a)

Something very typical is when someone says something and you don't believe him in english you would say "Really??" in Saudi Dialect you say "Salamat"

Appartement - Shoga

If you want to say that something belongs to someone or something else you use the word "7aget" in the middle. for example:
    "El mofta7 7aget el syara" - the keys of the car
    "El Djawal 7aget Mohammed" - Mohammed's phone

These are some basic things, if there is anything specific you want to know, just ask!

4. jiji20 said:

loolooalbadr said:

dear Yasser,,,i just want to ask about "salamat" word,,, i listened this word from my friend when I said to her that my mother was sick,,,ans she said "salamat" ,,,,is it mean really,,,i thought that its seems like pray,,,right or not?

Maviii said:

Quote Originally Posted by loolooalbadr View Post
    dear Yasser,,,i just want to ask about "salamat" word,,, i listened this word from my friend when I said to her that my mother was sick,,,ans she said "salamat" ,,,,is it mean really,,,i thought that its seems like pray,,,right or not?
    salamat is a plural of salam wich means peace

but when arabs use it (in this situation) its like saying hope she get well soon

loolooalbadr said:

Quote Originally Posted by Maviii View Post
    salamat is a plural of salam wich means peace

but when arabs use it (in this situation) its like saying hope she get well soon
    aha,, Maviii thanks for the explanation,,,so if somebody say "salamat" so can I answer with "ansha Allah, syukran"????
    also many times I listened somebody said to me "Allah yarhamah" "Allah ya barikfik" "Allah yahfadhak" ,,,,can u tell me whats the meaning,,,n how can I answer it? thanks

Maviii said:

salamat ---answer to it is : allah ysalmak

allah yerhamah: may god rest his soul in peace (literally) may allah mercy on him)

allah la ybarik fek : may allah never bliss you :d
    allah ybarik fek : may allah bliss you

allah yahfadhak: may allah protect you from evil ---answer to it would be : shukran or teslam