Punk/Emo/Screamo

Thread: Punk/Emo/Screamo

Tags: None
  1. fruxs said:

Default emo?

Why does so many people hate emo? I understand that people donīt like bands that make music and lyrics that doesenīt have anything to do with them, and cry about it. But why do people really hate it? Arenīt there other things that is more "important" to hate? Maybe I havnīt understood the full meaning of it. Someone who can explain?

Is all emotional music "emo" ? if not, why? :s
  2. Kamete said:

Thumbs down Emos suck

I don't mind emos though some of them do pretend to be depressed and act angsty which can be offensive to those who are really suicidal.

What really made me hate emos was Pon and Zi. That is the most disgusting attempt to portray love in art I have ever seen. I suggest the artist look at the works by Picasso and other artists when they was love rather than do emo crap that tons of other emos have thought of before anyway.

Driveway Fall said:

Default Punk/Emo/Screamo

Which bands are your favorites?
    Mine are:
    The Ataris
    Sugarcult
    The Starting Line
    Dashboard Confessional
    Matchbook Romance
    The Alkaline Trio
    Fall Out Boy
    Armor For Sleep
    Finch
    Jimmy Eat World
    Spitalfield
    Last edited by Driveway Fall; 07-11-2006 at 11:59 PM.

rewind said:

everyone denies being emo. emo doesn't exist.
    Last edited by rewind; 10-04-2006 at 02:18 PM.

BoricuaBoy said:

I love to hate emo! i think emo is great to hate. i think we need emo cause it gives something to hate.. so im all for hating emo, its a good outlet for your hatred. i hate emo so that i don't have to hate other things lol
    Aunque digan que soy Un bandolero donde voy Le doy gracias a Dios Por hoy estar donde estoy Y vo'a seguir con mi tumbao' Y con mis ojos colorao' Con mis gatos activao' Ustedes to' me lo han dao'
  6. pudin said:

i hate emo because they're too sentimental. if you hate your life, kill yourself, deal with it, or change it, but don't cry all the time and annoy people. i hate emos because most of them just want to be different real bad, so they just become this "cheap copies". they think they suffer a los and that their lifes suck, but they don't now what suffering really is. they're just show-offs.i hate emo and its fun to make emos feel bad and stuff.

BoricuaBoy said:

you ever tried making emos feel good? now thats funny
    Aunque digan que soy Un bandolero donde voy Le doy gracias a Dios Por hoy estar donde estoy Y vo'a seguir con mi tumbao' Y con mis ojos colorao' Con mis gatos activao' Ustedes to' me lo han dao'
  8. Equinox said:

"i wish my lawn was emo.....then it would just cut itself!"

quote of the year!
  9. Rob'sgirl69 said:

what are you talking about i LOve Panic ! AT the diSco
    you may think you know , but you have no idea.
  10. Botulism said:

Panic! At the Disco, are the most un-emo band I've EVER heard.
    And they suck royal buttholes.

Emo stands as an insult for people that listen to Emotive Hardcore, which is a style of hardcore punk from the 80s, started in Washington.
    If you don't know "emo" bands would be:
    Rites of Spring
    Yaphett Koto
    Hot Cross
    I Hate Myself
    mewithoutYou
    etc. etc.

If you don't know those bands, at least get to know what you're talking about before you start hating.

Losers.

Fortunate_Son said:

Emo is this generations version of grunge...

both based on anger, depression, hard-times so I guess it can't be too band. The problem is people have stereotypical views of what emo actually is.
    It ain't me
    It ain't me
    I ain't no fortunate son

Fortunate_Son said:

Favourite Emo Bands?

My Chemical Romance
    Fall Out Boy
    The Used
    Story Of The Year
    Matchbook Romance
    AFI
    Mudvayne
    It ain't me
    It ain't me
    I ain't no fortunate son
  13. roxyroxy12 said:

Arrow emo...what is emo?!

okay, to me emo people are just people who are misunderstood and who doesn't care what others think about them plus it's a trend 2 so i don't hate emo's i'm always being called an emo.......
  14. Botulism said:

Emo isn't a trend.
    It's the fans of a style of music.

Anyone that often gets called emo, these days, are just the victims of a mass misunderstanding.
  15. Botulism said:

Okay, first dude. All those bands you named, are pop-punk. A subgenre of punk, yes. But nowhere near related to emo and/or screamo. You're an idiot.

Second guy, none of those bands are emo.
    And Mudvayne?!!
    Are you retarded?!!!!
    They are a Math Metal band, say it with me met-al. Met....al.
  16. Botulism said:

By the way, my favourite punk/emo/screamo bands:

Emo;
    I Hate Myself
    Hot Cross
    mewithoutYou
    Rites of Spring
    Yaphett Koto

Screamo;
    Saetia
    They're all that you ever need.

Punk;
    The Exploited
    The Casulaties
    Evil Weasel
    Tiger Army (more Rockabilly)
    Anthrax (metal/punk)
    The Loved Ones
    Yeah. I don't have great taste in punk. But then again. Punk is untasteful.

Fortunate_Son said:

Quote Originally Posted by Botulism
    Okay, first dude. All those bands you named, are pop-punk. A subgenre of punk, yes. But nowhere near related to emo and/or screamo. You're an idiot.

Second guy, none of those bands are emo.
    And Mudvayne?!!
    Are you retarded?!!!!
    They are a Math Metal band, say it with me met-al. Met....al.
    Thats why I said "Emo", ie I don't listen to Emo those are my favourite punk bands.

Mudvayne I dunno what to classify, so you are probably right
    It ain't me
    It ain't me
    I ain't no fortunate son
  18. Botulism said:

Hmm.
    I'd like to tell you that you're wrong again,
    But all of those bands are of subgenres of punk. Offshoots.
    So I guess in some mismatched way it's right.

vranac said:

i dont listen that kind of music, i prefer 70' and 80' rock and metal

but i like ramones, sex postols and clash
  20. roflohnoez said:

People usually associate "emos" with the music genre of "Emo" and often, without hearing a single song, they go ahead and hate them because they don't like the people that they labeled. Guilty by association, you could call it.

I, myself, don't really have a problem with the genre. So long as the lyrics are good, the music is good, and the people doing it are decent and understandable I like to listen to 'em.

But you can't really expect people to like everything, and trying to even find out why they hate it, is a lost cause. -- Everybody who hates and likes the music, the people, are just spreading their subjective views.
    "Don't sit behind a computer in bum f_uck Egypt and talk s_hit." Jon Schaffer, Iced Earth.