konbawa, please can somebody tell me what this means? "kareshi dekitara ii!"

Thread: konbawa, please can somebody tell me what this means? "kareshi dekitara ii!"

Tags: None

ciofi66 said:

Default konbawa, please can somebody tell me what this means? "kareshi dekitara ii!"

konbawa, please can somebody tell me what this means?

"kareshi dekitara ii!"

arigatou gozaimasu!

partizanka said:

If it's possible (for you/him) to be a boyfriend, that'd be good! (It'd be nice if someone were to have some guy as a boyfriend... Who the guy is and who the girlfriend is depends on context.)
    Last edited by partizanka; 11-22-2011 at 07:05 PM. Reason: Hate phone typing!

ciofi66 said:

thank you very much partizanka! \(^_^)/

mabushii said:

Actually it would be a guy because kareshi (彼氏)is boyfriend and girlfriend is Kanojo(彼女)^_^
    眩しいでした ヾ(≧∇≦)ゞ チガウゥ
    o(^-^)o

partizanka said:

Quote Originally Posted by mabushii View Post
    Actually it would be a guy because kareshi (彼氏)is boyfriend and girlfriend is Kanojo(彼女)^_^
    Right, I said "boyfriend"

mabushii said:

@partizanka Oh sorry I read yours wrong I thought you wrote him/her XD
    @ciofi66 Kareshi Dekitara ii there is actually a few ways to say it. If you are asking the guy you like the question would be adding tense to the ii (like when you say desu ka?) it would be asking Can you be my boyfriend (kareshi = boyfriend deki = "can you" or "if possible" and ii= good, okay (matters what you use it with ^_^) but if you were telling it to your friend or someone then its like what partizanka has explained
    眩しいでした ヾ(≧∇≦)ゞ チガウゥ
    o(^-^)o

ciofi66 said:

actually it was a friends (girl) respons to my retoric question "doushyou?" so I couln't really get the meaning of what she wrote and I was too shy to ask. :P my bad

mabushii said:

Tell me the conversation or sentence you and her were talking about if you would like and I can translate that ^_^ it's usually easier to read the full conversation instead of just some of it to get the idea. If you want you can message it to me ^_^
    眩しいでした ヾ(≧∇≦)ゞ チガウゥ
    o(^-^)o

ciofi66 said:

ok it's as simple as this:

Me: Doushiyou?...

Yola: kareshi dekitara ii!

partizanka said:

Quote Originally Posted by mabushii View Post
    @partizanka Oh sorry I read yours wrong I thought you wrote him/her XD
    @ciofi66 Kareshi Dekitara ii there is actually a few ways to say it. If you are asking the guy you like the question would be adding tense to the ii (like when you say desu ka?) it would be asking Can you be my boyfriend (kareshi = boyfriend deki = "can you" or "if possible" and ii= good, okay (matters what you use it with ^_^) but if you were telling it to your friend or someone then its like what partizanka has explained
    No problem, mabushii!
    This is usually the difficulty for me with Japanese translating...so much is left unsaid and is understood from context (like the subject and object.) I tried to just give it as translation to show that it was a wish for having a boyfriend.
    But I hope it's clear enough to you now, ciofi66.