Way off topic.... Greek Engagements...

Thread: Way off topic.... Greek Engagements...

Tags: None
  1. KS said:

Default Way off topic.... Greek Engagements...

Hi...

OK so I have been all over the internet and I am more confused now than I was before....

I am going to Greece for the next month as I prepare to move there.... my boyfriend asked me to marry him the last time I was in Greece and I accepted : -) , but I know that he will propose again, more formally on Christmas. I have absolutely no idea what to expect. He said we would have an engagement celebration "simple with the family" (curious... there are about 700 people in his family - well, less but a lot) during the holidays and would have "something large and beautiful" once I make the move there permanently (soon... a month or so). As I understand it engagements are a lot different in Greece than in the US and there seems to be a lot of emphasis on the rings... I guess my first question is, do I get him a ring?? Do the engagement rings serve as the wedding rings ? I am so confused....

If anyone can help me understand this I would really appreciate it! I'm getting a little stressed out ~

Last edited by KS; 11-23-2011 at 02:39 PM.