NEZ - "Depresif Kukla" Turkish to English translation lütfen

Thread: NEZ - "Depresif Kukla" Turkish to English translation lütfen

Tags: depresif kukla, nez, turkish to english

Paul Orhan said:

Quote Originally Posted by Ging(st)er1983 View Post
    Btw: I've searched for it, but 'toysun' is NOT an old Turkish word! It's modern.
    TOY - raw, sappy, inapt, novice, green, naive, immature, inexperienced, unfledged, fledgling and 197654(j/k-ing ofcs) other meanings.

if you add SUN to that adjective you'll receive YOU ARE ... now choose the appropriate equivalent!

Robster1983 said:

Quote Originally Posted by Robster1983 View Post
    But for now: SILENCE!
    Sorry, we're not to be kept silenced!
    To Páthos Eínai Aformí

Robster1983 said:

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Orhan View Post
    TOY - raw, sappy, inapt, novice, green, naive, immature, inexperienced, unfledged, fledgling and 197654(j/k-ing ofcs) other meanings.

if you add SUN to that adjective you'll receive YOU ARE ... now choose the appropriate equivalent!
    I always liked to think that she sang «you love me like a boy's toy/child's blanket»… :.)
    To Páthos Eínai Aformí

Paul Orhan said:

Quote Originally Posted by Gangster1983 View Post
    Sorry, we're not to be kept silenced!
    In a sec Ercument will come here and will put an end to that of topic !

Goede nacht, chodjuklaaaar!

Kelimelerle oynayin!

Robster1983 said:

Should we give Turkizanka some space to breath, or should we go on discussing how we reckon it all? (Partizanka seems fine, so here we go! )

In terms of that sentence (Sevgi neyine çocuk gibi toysun), it might be like (the latter part, that is): çocuk gibi toysun (literally: child/boy like immature/childish); translated as: You are childish/immature??

I So totally can't wait what 'depresif kukla' means!! Al I know now, is that this song is NOT about depressed doll!! :O
    To Páthos Eínai Aformí

Robster1983 said:

Quote Originally Posted by Robster1983 View Post
    Should we give Turkizanka some space to breath, or should we go on discussing how we reckon it all? (Partizanka seems fine, so here we go! )

In terms of that sentence (Sevgi neyine çocuk gibi toysun), it might be like (the latter part, that is): çocuk gibi toysun (literally: child/boy like immature/childish); translated as: You are childish/immature??

I So totally can't wait what 'depresif kukla' means!! Al I know now, is that this song is NOT about depressed doll!! :O
    Btw, if you have some depressed doll: send it to a summer camp! Lots of sunshines to give away! I reckon Malibu Barbie might get it back up again!

***sorry, sarcasm***
    To Páthos Eínai Aformí

Robster1983 said:

Btw, 'Gangster1983'??? I'll have you know… just Gangster83…… would suffice! :P
    To Páthos Eínai Aformí

Paul Orhan said:

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Impatient
    Depresif kukla üzgünüm boşsun
    I'm sorry but you're empty like a depressive/doomy puppet

I'm sorry to ruin your idea of the song but depresif is just depressive or doomy

However, I liked your latest try at "cocuk gibi toysun"

Robster1983 said:

I'm sorry but you're empty like a depressive/doomy puppet

I'm sorry to ruin your idea of the song but depresif is just depressive or doomy

However, I liked your latest try at "cocuk gibi toysun"
    I'm SOOOO totally hooked into the translation!! (PS. Partizanka, don't feel AAAAAANY pressure!!! :P )

No, really: whoever tries: take your time! I still like the song anyhow!
    To Páthos Eínai Aformí

Robster1983 said:

In a sec Ercument will come here and will put an end to that of topic !

Goede nacht, chodjuklaaaar!

Kelimelerle oynayin!
    Well, I have to go offline soon anyhow (do you know what «Sinterklaas» is in the Netherlands??? The original Santa Clause (The US totally stole it from us via Coca Cola, btw :P) is at its 'party-peak' right now, so madness is ALLLLLLL AROUND!! Celebrated on the 5th of December (6th December in Belgium), I reckon it's gonna be hard to buy some presents and/or visit friends who have to work tomorrow (Yay, I'm free!!!… wait, SO totally not appreciated!! :P)…
    And in this part of the Netherlands the madness begins with 'Sintemaarten' (11th of 11th, some carnival tradition that keeps children up all night… I know I used to love that before I became sarcastic, and decided to buy my own candy :P), and it goes on until 'Sinterklaas', and then Christmas, as 'Sinterklaas' might not visit 'all the children', but 'whomever Sinterklaas might have missed, Santa Claus takes over'…

This is so totally a brill country to live in when you are <10!! :P
    Last edited by Robster1983; 12-04-2011 at 02:01 PM. Reason: error after error… I used to be at an advanced level of writing English. :P
    To Páthos Eínai Aformí

partizanka said:

I would have done this sooner, but I was working.
    Some lines need improvement and corrections, I'm sure. But I was feeling very pressured to try. So here:

Haydi hoşçakal yolun açık olsun // So then, take care (bye), let your road be open/clear/empty
    Dönmem geriye her şeyinle fossun // I won’t/don’t come back, everything about you is a sham (i'm only guessing that the meaning might be something like that, literally it looks to me like "with (your) everything you are a fake/sham")
    Sevgi neyine çocuk gibi toysun // To the world of love (I liked Paul’s free translation), you’re inexperienced like a child
    Egonu da al sana yakın olsun // Take your ego too, let it be close to you

Dost sandıkların turşunu kursun* // Let your so-called friends “guard” you
    Depresif kukla üzgünüm boşsun** // Depresif puppet, sorry you’re useless **
    Bu şarkı sana yazıklar olsun // Let this song be a shame to you (be your shame)
    Dahası da var sana kapak olsun // Even (if ?) there’s more, let this be the lid for you (i.e. let it be over, let this put a lid on it for you, as they say in English. Hell yeah for idioms)

*turşu kurmak literally means to make pickle (I think), but there is some sarcastic idiomatic meaning for it or else some completely unrelated meaning. I wasn't sure of it exactly, so maybe someone else can word it better. And actually I'm wondering if I'm messing up the order...if it's the "friend" to do it, or "you"

** boşsun- I think this can also mean "you're free", and I like that you can choose to interpret it how you want.

12. ercmnt said:

Translation is amazing as always.
    Not corrections but some explanations for the ones interested:

Toysun : You have too many way to grow-up/learn things/ you are deficient and young.
    We use it for the people who is not aware of the subject but trying to make comments on it.

Sevgi neyine cocuk gibi toysun : What's love got to do with you (it has nothing to do with you, no need to talk about love for you) Because you are inexperienced like a child.

Yolun açık olsun : i found something like Godspeed for it in the dictionary. İ never heard it in english before. Does it make any sence? We say it when people are leaving. Literally as you said "let your road be open/clear/empty"

Fos çıkmak : We use it when a work/thing/subject/person does not come to an end, useless, empty

Turşusunu kurmak : As you said it is "to make pickle", Full meaning for the idiom is : Being not able to use/consume something when it is needed, because you like it and you dont want to finish it.
    Dost sandıkların turşunu kursun : May your so-called friends, make pickle of you. (keep! you)

Boşsun is as you said can mean you are free but in this sentence it means only for : you are empty/useless

Dahası da var : even there is more of it. (no if)

Hi back (:
    Last edited by ercmnt; 12-03-2011 at 03:24 AM. Reason: typing mistakes

Paul Orhan said:

Quote Originally Posted by ercmnt View Post
    Not corrections but some explanations for the ones interested:

Yolun açık olsun : i found sonething like Godspeed for it in the dictionary. İ never heard it in english before. Does it make any sence? We say it when people are leaving. Literally as partizanka said "let your road be open/clear/empty"
    I've heard this phrase is very often used when two people quarrel about sth and when a couple is splitting up. It can even mean: "Go away!" or "Get lost" or "You're free to go!"

Godspeed (a sort of "Vaya con Dios!" ) is a possible variant, too, especially that the original "yolun acik olsun" is usually used with lots of sarcasm.

HI back Erc!

14. ercmnt said:

İts not always in the meaning of sarcasm it is also a nice send off for anyone. it can be used with sarcasm or sincere feelings. Here in this song it has sarcasm, may your road be clear (let us never meet on that road again, everyone on his own way). İt is not so harsh as go away in general.

partizanka said:

Quote Originally Posted by ercmnt View Post
    Toysun : You have too many way to grow-up/learn things/ you are deficient and young.
    We use it for the people who is not aware of the subject but trying to make comments on it.
    I like it.

Yolun açık olsun : i found something like Godspeed for it in the dictionary. İ never heard it in english before. Does it make any sense? We say it when people are leaving. Literally as you said "let your road be open/clear/empty"
    Yes, definitely makes sense. It's sort of wishing someone well, sarcastically or sincerely.

Fos çıkmak : We use it when a work/thing/subject/person does not come to an end, useless, empty
    Ahh, okay. I never saw this word before. When "fos" is just by itself (like in the song's lyrics), is it the same meaning?

Thank you!

16. ercmnt said:

I like it.
    İ knew somehow you'd like it (:

When "fos" is just by itself (like in the song's lyrics), is it the same meaning?
    Fos doesnt have another meaning. One of rare words we have with only one meaning. Yes it means same.

Asıl sana Thank you for the translation.

17. ercmnt said:

Fos comes from the noise when you blow a kids baloon and let the air out, fosssssss it becomes empty and creased.

Robster1983 said:

I've heard this phrase is very often used when two people quarrel about sth and when a couple is splitting up. It can even mean: "Go away!" or "Get lost" or "You're free to go!"

Godspeed (a sort of "Vaya con Dios!" ) is a possible variant, too, especially that the original "yolun acik olsun" is usually used with lots of sarcasm.

HI back Erc!
    'Go with god' is another phrase sometimes used, although it is something that mostly christians use. :s Btw, Vaya Con Dios; great Belgian band!
    To Páthos Eínai Aformí

Robster1983 said:

But you guys…. çok teşekkürler for another translation brilliantly done!!! Thanks SO MUCH for translating, for adding some remarks, and for making me (and possibly many others ) understand Turkish language just a tiny bit more!!! You guys all rule!

(Btw: I tried to sing-a-long with this song… Oooofff… this really is a tongue-breaker! :P)
    To Páthos Eínai Aformí

whodart said:

Hi Robster 1983. After all the conversation on the subject, did any of the above friends actually translate the song? I like listening to the music, watching the videos and would like to get a translation. I'm limited as to what I can get out of it, since I am just learning Turkish. sagol olun.

Dave E