NEZ - "Depresif Kukla" Turkish to English translation lütfen

Thread: NEZ - "Depresif Kukla" Turkish to English translation lütfen

Tags: depresif kukla, nez, turkish to english

SiLvEr_MooN said:

Quote Originally Posted by whodart View Post
    Hi Robster 1983. After all the conversation on the subject, did any of the above friends actually translate the song? I like listening to the music, watching the videos and would like to get a translation. I'm limited as to what I can get out of it, since I am just learning Turkish. sagol olun.

Dave E
    It is a few posts above
    I'm listening to >>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFD8ZF8svzw

whodart said:

Red face Depresif Kukla -

Quote Originally Posted by partizanka View Post
    I would have done this sooner, but I was working.
    Some lines need improvement and corrections, I'm sure. But I was feeling very pressured to try. So here:

Haydi hoşçakal yolun açık olsun // So then, take care (bye), let your road be open/clear/empty
    Dönmem geriye her şeyinle fossun // I won’t/don’t come back, everything about you is a sham (i'm only guessing that the meaning might be something like that, literally it looks to me like "with (your) everything you are a fake/sham")
    Sevgi neyine çocuk gibi toysun // To the world of love (I liked Paul’s free translation), you’re inexperienced like a child
    Egonu da al sana yakın olsun // Take your ego too, let it be close to you

Dost sandıkların turşunu kursun* // Let your so-called friends “guard” you
    Depresif kukla üzgünüm boşsun** // Depresif puppet, sorry you’re useless **
    Bu şarkı sana yazıklar olsun // Let this song be a shame to you (be your shame)
    Dahası da var sana kapak olsun // Even (if ?) there’s more, let this be the lid for you (i.e. let it be over, let this put a lid on it for you, as they say in English. Hell yeah for idioms)

*turşu kurmak literally means to make pickle (I think), but there is some sarcastic idiomatic meaning for it or else some completely unrelated meaning. I wasn't sure of it exactly, so maybe someone else can word it better. And actually I'm wondering if I'm messing up the order...if it's the "friend" to do it, or "you"

** boşsun- I think this can also mean "you're free", and I like that you can choose to interpret it how you want.
    thanks, finally found the translation. Hoscha kal

Dave E