Maria Nazionale - Ragione E` Sentimento

Thread: Maria Nazionale - Ragione E` Sentimento

Tags: None

Sanmayce said:

Default Maria Nazionale - Ragione E` Sentimento

Ciao,
    please translate into English this cuore song, it is simply fantastic.

[ZGR2jBFjRg8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=ZGR2jBFjRg8&feature=endscreen[/video]

These verses are sung so niftily:

Scema c'aspiett po lassà
    Ma io lo amo
    Chell è tutt'nfamità
    So nnamurat
    Guard mo sta cu chella là
    E io o perdon
    Torn e t torna a tuzzulià
    Ma io lo amo
    Ven fa ammor e se ne va
    So nnammurat
    Corr pecchè ten che fà
    E io o perdon
    Esc e pierd o fiat pò chiammà

Viva Maria!

Add-on:
    I have read somewhere that this song is from the 70's, can anyone provide some info about the original?
    Last edited by Sanmayce; 12-02-2011 at 10:39 AM.
    Get down get down get down get it on show love and give it up
    What are you waiting on?

Ligeia said:

Stai chiagnen nata vot ma pekkè nu l'è lassat/ you're crying again, why didn't you leave him
    Tu si scem si cretin tu si tropp nnamurat/ you're so foolish, so stupid, you're too much in love
    Quanti vot tu l'aspiett ma nu torn manc a nott/ how many times you wait for him and he doesn't come home at night
    Nun t'accuorg ca t mett cumm foss nu cappott/ you don't see he uses you like you were a coat
    Cagn tutt i ser liett quanta corn ca ta fatt/ every night he changes bed, he cheated on you so many times
    Ca stai mal se ne fott non u vir ca ta fatt/ he doesn't care if you feel bad, can't you see what he's done to you
    È arrogante e prepotante chill è n'fam e n'omm e nient/ he is arrogant, bossy, he's a traitor, a man worth nothing
    Chill è surd e nun t sent nun i tten i sentiment/ he's deaf, can't hear you, he has no feelings

Ma io questo uomo lo amo/ but i do love this man
    Pur l'uocchio s'a pigliat pe ki st'omm si cecat/ he has taken even your eyes, you're blind when it comes to him
    E nun ma sent ro perder/ i can't lose him
    Man e pied t'ha attaccat stai campann ncatenat/ he has tied your hands and feet, you're living enchained
    Tutta me stessa lo amo/ i love him with my whole heart
    Ora ammen t'è distrutt nun o ten o cor n'piett/ he has ruined you, he has no heart
    Pe chell e' senza na vit/ that is why he has no life
    Comm foss ciucculat roc roc t'ha mangiat/ he ate you as if you were chocolate
    Terribilmente lo amo/ i love him fiercely
    Semp ca television t trascur co o pallon/ always watching tv, he neglects you because of football
    E'fuoc ca m fa ardr/ he's fire, he makes me burn
    Mo t'appicc e mo t'iett comm foss sigarett/ he lights and throws you away like a cigarette
    Da cap o per io l'amo/ i love him entirely
    Quanti ser c'hai aspettat quanti pal ca hai pigliat/ how many nights you've waited for him and he stood you up
    E nun m vogl stuta'/ and i want to keep the fire lit

Ma pecchè ci tiena ancor si chist'omm è senza cor...pecchè?/ but why do you still care for this heartless man, why?

Scema c'aspiett po lassà/ fool , why don't you leave him
    Ma io lo amo/ but i love him
    Chell è tutt'nfamità/ he's nothing but a treacherous man
    So nnamurat/ I'm in love
    Guard mo sta cu chella là/ look, now he's with that other girl
    E io o perdon/ and i forgive him
    Torn e t torna a tuzzulià/ he comes back and harasses you again
    Ma io lo amo/ but i love him
    Ven fa ammor e se ne va/ he comes, makes love and then leaves
    So nnammurat/ I'm in love
    Corr pecchè ten che fà/ he runs because he has something to do
    E io o perdon/ and i forgive him

Esc e pierd o fiat pò chiammà/ you go out and lose your voice to call him
    T'ha stutat tutte e luc t'ha rubat u segn e croc/ he has turned off all your lights, stolen your faith
    Quann parl nun t sent nun t fa nu compliment/ he never listens to you, never pays you a compliment
    Nun t port nu regal percchè è tropp material/ never brings you a gift for he is too vulgar
    Nun sparagn na wuaglion e nu piezz e mascalzon/ he never refuses a girl for he is a wretch
    Ma io questo uomo lo amo/ but i love this man
    Tu stai semp trascurat iss semp inculettat/ you neglet yourself, he's always well-groomed
    E nun ma sent ro perder/ and i can't lose him
    Tu nun vuò sentì ragion si na scem nn sì buon/ you don't listen, you're an idiot not a good person
    Da cap o per io l'amo/ i love his whole being
    Mett tropp sentiment ma nun ti riman nient/ you give too much love and you get nothing
    E nun m vogl stuta'/ and i want to keep the fire lit
    Ogni cos fa guerr e t vott sott terr...pecchè?/ he starts a war for nothing and then tramples on you...why?
    "-Please tell me you're going to appeal to my humanity..."
    "-Actually, I'm planning to threaten you."

"Well, if you'll excuse me, I have work to do. Evil plots don't just make themselves, you know!"

Sanmayce said:

Thanks a lot Ligeia,
    later tonight I will listen to it some twenty times while reading your post...
    What are you waiting on?

Sanmayce said:

Just I felt that the next is gotta be added:
    the song Ragione E Sentimento is from Maria Nazionale's album Storie 'E Femmene.
    Aslo song's name in English: Reason and sentiment
    And the most bona fide photo of Maria in my view:

Even though not knowing any Italian in my sentiment (not view, he-he) Ligeia's translation is superb.
    What are you waiting on?

Ligeia said:

You're too kind!
    Ragione e sentimento is also used as the italian translation of the novel's title Sense and Sensibility!
    "-Please tell me you're going to appeal to my humanity..."
    "-Actually, I'm planning to threaten you."

"Well, if you'll excuse me, I have work to do. Evil plots don't just make themselves, you know!"