Name of a recent mellow song - official video is black background with colored lyrics

Thread: Name of a recent mellow song - official video is black background with colored lyrics

Tags: None
  1. porkfat said:

Question Name of a recent mellow song - official video is black background with colored lyrics

I'm thinking of a really mellow, I think mostly acoustic song that saw quite a bit of pop radio time about six months ago when it was released. The official (not fan made) music video was composed entirely of colored words of the lyrics displaying on a black background. It was featured on YouTube. I'm pretty sure one of the main repeating lyrics (maybe the chorus) modified a popular phrase or proverb. When the video was released, everyone was talking about how minimalist it was.

I can't find it in any of my playlists since the phone it was on has died and now I'm going out of my mind trying to remember what it was because I liked it but now can't find it anywhere. I can't even remember the lyrics, but from the description I'm giving, it should be fairly easy for anyone to recognize it if they've seen it since the video is so minimalist and unique and it was made certainly within the past year.

Thank you for any help you can give!

2. sciencefact said:

Default ms

kanye west all of the lights
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAfFfqiYLp0&ob=av2e

its not completely black with colored lyrics it does have some footage thrown in
    Last edited by sciencefact; 04-01-2012 at 05:49 AM. Reason: mistake in text

3. pianoman74 said:

What? That would be OLD HAT...George Michael already did this back in 1990 with "Praying For Time" (still a great song, btw)
    But since, in this era, people are about to run out of new ideas more and more, they tend to recycle even more old stuff, lyrically as well as musically.