About the signature use

Thread: About the signature use

Tags: None

MysteryUp said:

Default About the signature use

I don't know if it is spoken here again but I made a search and no results were found. I'm supoosed to have a signature and I'm sure many people have. But the matter is that it doens't appear. Do mods have disabled the sig from appearing on posts?

Thank you

2. ercmnt said:

Probably you disabled it.
    Under the quick reply box there is an option saying "show your signature" that box must be checked.

MysteryUp said:

Quote Originally Posted by ercmnt View Post
    Probably you disabled it.
    Under the quick reply box there is an option saying "show your signature" that box must be checked.
    No I have checked. But no one seems to have signatures too

Mixalopoulos said:

Hi Dimi,

On the page "General Settings" go to "Thread Display Options" and check the box for "Show Signatures"

I can see mine and ercmnt's above.
    Ρεμπέτικο για πάντα. Μάγκες είμαστε.

MysteryUp said:

Ok let's give it a try

MysteryUp said:

Not managed to find either 'Thread Display' section nor upload a picture even if it is on the right dimensions or the right KB

Mixalopoulos said:

Quote Originally Posted by MysteryUp View Post
    Not managed to find either 'Thread Display' section nor upload a picture even if it is on the right dimensions or the right KB
    I can see your sig now, but this site doesn't allow images in signatures.

Frankie Jasmine said:

Default Signature

Well, I for one am disappointed. I spent half the afternoon finding my BARIS AKARSU "signature." Only now did I discover why it cannot be used. Here it is:

Doesn't it go great with the avatar??

Frankie Jasmine said:

But it IS showing up!! How can that be??! I want to be happy, but is it just a fluke?

ANSWER: Yes. At first, the photo sig showed up at the bottom of the page, along with the "photo" pasted in (which still shows) above. Then--POOOOOFFFFF!!!! The photo sig disappeared. Well, that's fitting with the thread about posting "photo" sigs, which I didn't see until after I'd spent hours sifting through BARIS AKARUS's sigs...!
    Last edited by Frankie Jasmine; 03-20-2012 at 05:02 PM.

MysteryUp said:

I really don't know what happens with signatures here!

Frankie Jasmine said:

Default A Question for Moderators/Administrators, please . . .

A question for moderators/administrators: I did get a photo "Signature" to work! It lasted a couple days. Then it disappeared again.

What is the word on photo/graphic Signatures? Are we allowed to have them or not?

Once mine finally "took" for two days, I assumed that meant it was OK, and the ability to use them was approved. Was I wrong to assume that? I made it small to fit the size requirement.

Mixalopoulos said:

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie Jasmine View Post
    Well, that's fitting with the thread about posting "photo" sigs, which I didn't see until after I'd spent hours sifting through BARIS AKARUS's sigs...!
    Hi Frankie, I don't know what the site rules are regarding this, but where was the thread that you mentioned here?

Tania ATL said:

Hi Frankie, and sorry, somehow I missed this thread. Img signatures are working. I suspect that problem is with size - maximum allowed size is 500x100, and your picture is 602x110. Edit it, upload again and enjoy

Frankie Jasmine said:

Quote Originally Posted by Mixalopoulos View Post
    Hi Frankie, I don't know what the site rules are regarding this, but where was the thread that you mentioned here?
    @Mixa: I thought I saw it on this thread. No. I went back to the way I set it up, and I couldn't see where I saw or read that. If I figure it out, I'll let you know here where it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Tania ATL View Post
    Hi Frankie, and sorry, somehow I missed this thread. Img signatures are working. I suspect that problem is with size - maximum allowed size is 500x100, and your picture is 602x110. Edit it, upload again and enjoy
    @Tania: Thank you, Tania. Yes, I did have the correct size--I just used the original size as a photo (in post #8) when I "showed off" what my signature looked like! I have put the signature that was specially-sized back in, and it seems to be working.

Thank you both!

_ _ _ _ _

PS: Whooops! It didn't show up for me here. I'll re-check the dimensions! Thanks.

Frankie Jasmine said:

Quote Originally Posted by Mixalopoulos View Post
    I can see your sig now, but this site doesn't allow images in signatures.

@Mixa: This is where I read that about "this site doesn't allow images in signatures," from 12-20-2011; your post #7 . . .

Tania ATL said:

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie Jasmine View Post
    @Mixa: This is where I read that about "this site doesn't allow images in signatures," from 12-20-2011; your post #7 . . .
    And it didn't allow, indeed. This feature was turned on for users quite recently (of course if I remember it right )

bateli777 said:

Quote Originally Posted by Tania ATL View Post
    Good Evening/Night/Morning ........................Tania
    I've been trying to send you a message alas your inbox is full....
    I'd try again tomorrow as I'm about to go to bed.
    Thanks for your willingness to assist.
    Best wishes.
    Ploutarxos Gia Panta

Tania ATL said:

Hi, Bat-El!

Try now, please, I've done some cleanup in my inbox.