King of Rock and Roll

Thread: King of Rock and Roll

Tags: None
  1. swamprat said:

Default King of Rock and Roll

I'm looking for the title/artist of a song from the early/mid 1970s. Song begins with these lyrics "It wasn't very many years ago, when the only thing you heard on the radio, were the songs that the old folks liked - and you thought you should like them too. Then around the summer of '55, we heard a new sound that made us all come alive. He introduced a sound that they used to call rythym and blues."

2. tyresius said:

sounds vaguely like the opening to the song... "let there be rock"...by ACDC.

Mumbles said:

Try:

The King Of Rock 'n' Roll - Cashman & West

http://www.amazon.com/King-Rock-n-Roll/dp/B0011GPSLI
    Its nice to be important, but its more important to be nice
    Y Ddraig Goch ddyry gychwyn

4. Brettyboy said:

I know exactly what song your talking about, but have no idea who sang it or what the name is. I too am looking to find who it is by. I have a copy of the song somewhere, but its pretty crappy quality off an old tape.
    I have just listened to it and tried writing out the lyrics word for word as best as I can in the hope that maybe it will help jog someones memory.
    Sorry that the grammar and punctuation is not correct.

It wasn't very many years ago, when the only thing you heard on the radio, was the music that the old folks liked, and you thought you should like it too.
    and then around the summer of 55, we heard a new sound that made us all come alive, he introduced the music that they used to call rythem and blues.
    he said yesterday is gone, roll on music roll on, he gave a sound that we could call our own, and you felt the rythem flowing down on into your soul.. he was the king of rock n roll.
    Well I remember the way it started to grow, how we waited in lines for the paramount shows, oh I know I was there, I was part of the original cast,
    (Cant make out this part) ... and the girls would scream, chuck berry played a song about the maybelene , its a fad, its bad, and dad said it would never last.. oh he was wrong.. and yesterday has gone, roll on music roll on, he gave a song that we could call our own and you felt the rythem flowing down on into your soul, he was the king of rock n roll..
    Been out in California just a little bit south of LA, Sweet little 16 began surfing USA...
    Well its funny now how you never hear his name, for many he started out fortune and fame, its a shame the way we decided to say goodbye.
    And I see Chuck, Ray, and Elvis they still roll on, and its 20 years later and the king is gone.. They never even gave him his piece of American Pie...
    And yesterday is gone, roll on music roll on, he gave a song that we could call our own, and you felt the rythem flowing down on into your soul.. He was the king of rock n roll.

Hope this Helps

5. swamprat said:

Default Thanks

Thanks everyone. Sorry I haven't replied sooner. The song is the Cashman & West "King of Rock and Roll." I appreciate the help in finding it.