Why, I do believe
    terribly foolish - naive
    I must come across

Frankie Jasmine said:

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie Jasmine View Post
    Rainbows shoot arrows
    Transluscent red, blue, purple
    For all hearts on Earth

Oh, Noor--the rainbow arrows ARE gifts for all hearts on Earth! They are not human love arrows. They are God's to touch our hearts with beauty and a promise to all earth's creatures. Tell me a rainbow does not make your heart go flip-flop and sometimes nearly take your breath away!

Frankie Jasmine said:

3-7-3:

Green expanse
    Painting hills, splashing mountains
    Kentucky

_ _ _ _ _

OI: I think you would really like Kentucky!

VivaPalestina said:

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie Jasmine View Post
    Oh, Noor--the rainbow arrows ARE gifts for all hearts on Earth! They are not human love arrows. They are God's to touch our hearts with beauty and a promise to all earth's creatures. Tell me a rainbow does not make your heart go flip-flop and sometimes nearly take your breath away!
    I assumed love was another gift for the hearts, a promise from God too

Hmm whenever I see a rainbow I tend to think of the physics behind it instead of going flip flop sorry

Kentucky
    fried chicken pieces
    oh yummy!

5. Guest said:

Why, I do believe
    terribly foolish - naive
    I must come across

Only young
    young in a nice way
    young is good

6. Guest said:

oh, yummy
    I get to eat love
    I drink bliss

7. Guest said:

OI: I think you would really like Kentucky!
    Perhaps, perhaps; never been to Americas yet, only the rest of the world

VivaPalestina said:

I drink bliss
    Intoxicated
    From your lips

I quite like the senryu written, I think I shall use it for my grand exit tonight. All in all, today wasnt too bad haiku writing wise. (Using Ola's likes as benchmarks )

Remark: Someone asked me why I kept editing your comments - just to clarify, I was merely merging posts, relax, your artistic expressions have been left quite alone. Except the occasional theft.

9. Guest said:

Better than last time, one very good and a few solid ones. Night!

Frankie Jasmine said:

Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalestina View Post
    I assumed love was another gift for the hearts, a promise from God too
    Every good gift and perfect present comes from above . . .

Hmm whenever I see a rainbow I tend to think of the physics behind it instead of going flip flop sorry
    Oh, Noor! You've been in the city too long! You need to go to the countryside somewhere. The sight of a deer takes my breath, also, and that's a common site*, even in our own yard! Also red foxes are quite beautiful (though ferocious). I would love (if I could) to be a chaperone for you and two of your best friends . . . to whatever country place you'd wish to go! I would sit from afar and watch your happy, playful rollicking and shenanigans! Have you never rolled down a hill, thick with green grass? I even did this with my grandchildren! Gone barefoot in a cool, shallow creekbed? Gone swimming naked in a lake (where no one else is around?) Oh, so many fun things! And you can just BE. You don't have to think about how everything works. Just enjoy it and be grateful for it!! (Now you are "seeing" the real me. You said I'm not emo, though!)
    _ _ _ _ _

* "Sight." Blasted computer-speak, e-abbreviations, and growing "more mature" are playing havoc with my spelling and English!
    Last edited by Frankie Jasmine; 12-23-2012 at 08:10 PM.

VivaPalestina said:

Haha thanks Ola

Frankie - I once rolled down a hill. I'm still not sure what possessed me to do it, me and my cousins went looking for the bathrooms to fill up bottles to have a water fight, and we came across this hill. Something took over our minds and the next thing you have - four fully clothed headscarved girls screaming with joy rolling down a hill. Our parents didnt look to impressed

We stand barefoot in the sea. Does that count? As for swimming naked, nah cant say I've ever considered it. I swim with a coat on

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww frankie <3 arent you scared of me? I must be losing my touch.

Oops I should be sleeping. It's 3am. Night!

Frankie Jasmine said:

From your lips
    Both rabid curses
    Mellow kiss

Frankie Jasmine said:

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraInside View Post
    Perhaps, perhaps; never been to Americas yet, only the rest of the world
    OI, you could spend months exploring merely the discovered caves; and years spelunking through uncharted ones!

----------

Frankie - I once rolled down a hill. I'm still not sure what possessed me to do it, me and my cousins went looking for the bathrooms to fill up bottles to have a water fight, and we came across this hill. Something took over our minds and the next thing you have - four fully clothed headscarved girls screaming with joy rolling down a hill. Our parents didnt look to impressed
    Good for you! You see what being around nature inspires?! So glad you had that experience--feeling and doing. There was nothing bad in it. Perhaps your parents merely felt you'd ruin your good clothes or that others might see you and you'd appear unruly. (I understand parents too!) Inside, they were probably happy for you but could not let you know it.

We stand barefoot in the sea. Does that count?
    That counts but gets boring quickly, unless you're hunting for shells. In a shallow creek, it's an adventure--not stepping on sharp rocks, being careful of slippery rocks, or not--and falling into the water! Looking for (non-poisonous) snakes, little fish, tadpoles, rocks, dragonflies, even sometimes finding (rarely--I have never, but I look!) a small raw ruby or sapphire!

As for swimming naked, nah cant say I've ever considered it.
    You are very modest. We were modest, but not quite as much as you may be. We girls would wrap up in our towels, the others turn their backs and one would go in; then then next one, (no one looking) etc. Once you're in the water, you cannot see each other even if the water's clear. We'd give privacy when getting out and dressing too. This was done ONLY in very large lakes with very private coves where no one was on land or water.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww frankie <3 arent you scared of me? I must be losing my touch.
    I'm not scared of you, Viv. Please don't try to make me. I like you too much the way you are! <3

14. Guest said:

Christmas! We gather
    to eat and drink - bread, water:
    me, myself and I.
    Last edited by Guest; 12-24-2012 at 10:50 AM.

VivaPalestina said:

Mellow kiss
    gentle snowflakes fall
    feathered touch

16. Guest said:

feathered touch
    titillating smile
    where are you?

Next poster: It's OK to drop the question mark.

Doug Denslowe said:

Where are you
    I'm here to stay
    Hopefully with you

VivaPalestina said:

With 3,266 views, I've made the thread sticky to get more contributions. Welcome Doug, nice work - normally the second line is the longest (syllable count 7) though.

Frankie Jasmine said:

Hopefully with you
    Penetrating eyes perceive
    Depth within your heart

Note: To the eye, the last line is the longest, but has a shorter syllable count = 5-7-5. . . . 5-7-5 is not carved in stone, but I found I can pound out better haiku (senryu) with it.
    Last edited by Frankie Jasmine; 12-25-2012 at 02:17 PM.

Frankie Jasmine said:

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Denslowe View Post
    Where are you
    I'm here to stay
    Hopefully with you

Good first haiku, Doug. Thanks for practicing with us--and you jumped right in the game!