Member List

Thread: Member List

Tags: None
  1. Second life said:

Default Member List

Hello!

I have noticed that Member list (in Community) shows only members with posts. What about those members who have accounts, but they have never posted on the forum?

Right now, Member list has 49677 names. ALT says - forum has 81 932 members. That is a huge difference!

I would like to ask why 81932-49677=32255 members are "invisible"? How to find them here?

Thank you.

Mixalopoulos said:

Hi, as you said, if the member has not posted, then they are not shown on the member list.

Also, thousands of spam accounts have been permanently deleted.
    Ρεμπέτικο για πάντα. Μάγκες είμαστε.
  3. Second life said:

Thank you.
    But do you want to say that only those in the Member list are not "spam accounts"? What are those 32255 members?

Mixalopoulos said:

Hi again.

Lots of registered members just use the site for reference, to look up translations.

They don't post asking for translations, they search for existing ones, so they don't show in the member list.

Also a lot of people join the forum, and then never visit it again ever, sometimes up to ten people a day.
    Ρεμπέτικο για πάντα. Μάγκες είμαστε.
  5. Second life said:

Γεια σας και σας ευχαριστώ!

Yes, that makes sense. But I've just tested something - you can search threads, songs, members - even visitor messages... like a guest too. "Advance search" could be used by guests too. So, there's no difference in search options whether you are guest or member (I could be wrong, but I think I am not), except tag(s) in a thread (if there is one) - guests can't see them .

The only difference is: when your are logged in, you can see "Thread information" and "Tags for this threads" (at the bottom of the page), guests can't see that.

So, I would rather say - those are double accounts or spies! (I'm kidding.)

Thank you.

Tania ATL said:

I can't see how would double account play if it has no posts at all And yes, now it's 34K+ accounts with 0 post count. May be people often register because they want to join community, but then just become indecisive of what to say and where to post and give it all up. It's as far as I may guess
  7. Second life said:

The future may prove that all our surmises are correct... Maybe some of them are indecisive... and maybe some of them do something very decisive!

Thank you for your answers.