Now you’re out of line
    I want you to stay away from my mind

LOL..things I do out of boredom >.>

2. Zaffe said:

really? i used simple words xD
    thanks anyway

damnn...ive got to stop editing my posts every 5 mins >.>

3. CheesyBacon said:

I know that maybe you only do these short poems out of boredom, but if you want to improve try to focus on creating imagery with your words. Use metaphors and word plays, similes and references. Also experiment with your rhyme structures. An internal multi rhyme can make a huge difference to how appealling it is to the reader/speaker/listener.

e.g:

Lovin this girl is like I'm liftin the world, she lays her words like boulders,
    But she means more than the earth even if it's absurd, and she helps me strengthen shoulders.
    It's deaf-defying when we lie in silence, dishonest hearts do all the talkin,
    Yet I'll never press stop on what I got, just keep watch like Christopher Walken.

Ok, I just quick keyed this to show you. In the first bar (2 lines) I'm using the imagery of 'the weight of the world' created by using 2 similies and a metaphor - the second meaning implied is that it's really hard to love her because her words are so strong/harsh, but at the same time I can see she makes me a stronger/better person. In the second bar, I use a basic word-play of death-defying to deaf-defying to create the idea that our silence is really loud/meaningful. Then I say 'dishonest hearts' which gives a second meaning to lying in silence and means I've maybe misdirected the audience. Also known as a mind f*ck. haha. In the final line, I emphasize that I won't quit on the girl, even though I know we lie to each other, and I'll keep watch/keep an eye on her followed by a reference to the movie Pulp Fiction, in which the actor Christopher Walken keeps a watch in his @ss for years because it was so meaningful. This reference, while being slightly witty and clever, also gives the meaning that what I'm watching/looking after is very meaningful to me, and I will be doing it very well and for a long time. And notice how I said 'press stop' in the first half, this connects the reference to my meaning because never pressing stop/pausing/quitting are very similar kinds of imagery, but because I knew I would reference a film I chose the one which could be used when talking about a dvd.

When you start writing, anything that takes less than an hour to write usually means you haven't thought about it too much. When I first started I was terrible, haha. After a month or 2 of working and learning it becomes more natural and you begin to think in more creative ways which means you can write better lyrics/poems faster. Hope this makes sense and helps.
    Last edited by CheesyBacon; 02-19-2012 at 08:47 PM.
    Hip-hop is art. Don't make a pop hit, be smart. Take it back to the start, like KRS and Rakim use passion and heart.