Greetings

Thread: Greetings

Tags: None
  1. Lisanne said:

Default Greetings

I found this site while looking for the song meanings to all the new and wonderful Turkish music I've recently discovered. Music is everything to me, I literally listen all day long. I am so frustrated by the language barrier and Google Translations are not very good. I'm horrible at learning languages but it's my dream to one day be proficient enough in the Turkish language to understand some of the songs I've grown to love.

Some of my favorite bands are:

Hayko Cepkin (I'm obsessed, LOL)
    Mor ve ötesi
    Redd
    MaSKott
    Can Bonomo
    Emre Aydin
    Manga
    Umut Kaya
    Tarkan

Thank you for this awesome site and the wonderful moderators and members.
    Last edited by Lisanne; 02-23-2012 at 01:22 AM.

Paul Orhan said:

IT's great news we have another Turkoholic member at ATL!!!

ATL'ye hoş geldiniz!!!!
    Last edited by Paul Orhan; 02-24-2012 at 08:42 AM.

feuersteve said:

Welcome to ATL. There are loads of people who love Turkish music and language! They will have you fluent before you know it!
    Gott zur Ehr, dem nächsten zur Wehr

What if they gave a fire and nobody came.

Ghaly said:

Lisanne'cığım, aramıza hoş geldin!

I wish you a lot of fun and pleasure at allthelyrics I am sure, we will meet a lot on the Turkish lyrics section
    By the way, it is « ATL'ye (because "ATL" would be pronounced "a te le") hoş geldiniz », as "(to) arrive somewhere" requires the dative case, Paul "ATL'de" would be "(being) at ATL"
    - Racism is not far, it is in everybody's nature. Detect thy fears, thy prejudices, and live in unison with these fears and every being that does not harm thee.

Paul Orhan said:

Quote Originally Posted by Ghaly View Post
    Lisanne'cığım, aramıza hoş geldin!

I wish you a lot of fun and pleasure at allthelyrics I am sure, we will meet a lot on the Turkish lyrics section
    By the way, it is « ATL'ye (because "ATL" would be pronounced "a te le") hoş geldiniz », as "(to) arrive somewhere" requires the dative case, Paul "ATL'de" would be "(being) at ATL"
    Duly noted and corrected, Ghaly! Mersiiiii!

6. Lisanne said:

WoW! What an exceptional welcome, thank you. I'm blushing and so happy to receive such a welcome. You all are quite brilliant and I dare say I will have trouble keeping up and learning a new language. Seriously, I'm even confused by Ghaly's simple lesson.

Paul, I love the phrase, "Turkoholic ". Also, the picture you are using as an avatar, is this you or someone famous? The reason I ask, the face looks so familiar but I don't know why. I hope my question is not intrusive.

Milena, you have a beautiful username. Does it mean anything? Thank you for the compliment about my music tastes. I don't have a specific genre that I like, I just like what I like and that range encompasses many different styles. I can't listen to one radio station while in my car, I get too bored. LOL.

Ghaly, is your native language, Turkish? I'm embarrassed that I know only English. I tried to learn Español when I was younger but realized very quickly that I was better at pronunciation than remembering what the words meant.

Feuersteve, I think I'm beginning to realize that I'm not alone in my passion for Turkish music. Some of my friends don't understand why I am so enamored and find it difficult to enjoy music they don't understand. I've been a bit lonely not being able to share my joy with others.

Again, Thank You!

Maviii said:

Welcome on board Lisanne

Paul Orhan said:

Quote Originally Posted by Lisanne View Post
    WoW! What an exceptional welcome, thank you. I'm blushing and so happy to receive such a welcome. You all are quite brilliant and I dare say I will have trouble keeping up and learning a new language. Seriously, I'm even confused by Ghaly's simple lesson.

Paul, I love the phrase, "Turkoholic ". Also, the picture you are using as an avatar, is this you or someone famous? The reason I ask, the face looks so familiar but I don't know why. I hope my question is not intrusive.
    ...I think I'm beginning to realize that I'm not alone in my passion for Turkish music. Some of my friends don't understand why I am so enamored and find it difficult to enjoy music they don't understand. I've been a bit lonely not being able to share my joy with others.

Again, Thank You!
    Lisanne, my avatar man is singer Soner Sarıkabadayı, also one of the most prolific songwriters on the Turkish pop music scene.
    As I said, you'll find many people here with whom you'll be able to share and "broaden/deepen" your passion for things Turkish!

And you'll be totally understood this time, trust me!

It seems all of us, "Turkoholics", experience a similar attitude from our friends, peers and even family members!
    This is too bad, of course but it won't happen here, promise! Geçmiş olsun!

May I ask where you come from and what made you interested in the Turkish language and music? I'd be grateful if you could share it with us!

Sana ATL'de iyi şanslar dilerim!
    (I wish you good luck at ATL!)

PS. Try the below thread to see for yourself how many Turkish music lovers are here!
    http://www.allthelyrics.com/forum/ga...ugh-music.html
    Last edited by Paul Orhan; 02-29-2012 at 05:13 AM.

feuersteve said:

@Paweł: Czasami zastanawiam się, jeśli zapomniałeś mówić polską.

@ Lisanne: I don't speak all these languages, I just like to use Google Translate a lot!

It's fun for me.

Paul Orhan said:

Quote Originally Posted by feuersteve View Post
    @Paweł: Czasami zastanawiam się, jeśli zapomniałeś mówić polską.
    mówić po polsku - jeszcze nie zapomniałem, Stevie!

Ghaly said:

Quote Originally Posted by Lisanne View Post
    Ghaly, is your native language, Turkish? I'm embarrassed that I know only English. I tried to learn Español when I was younger but realized very quickly that I was better at pronunciation than remembering what the words meant.
    Yes, my native language is Turkish (While I also consider German as my native language, for I have been born and raised in Germany :P)
    Oh dear, don't bother, we all are up to something and then give up - because it seems so hard.. Just look at it that way: The words come to you, if you need them. And that is true.
    - Racism is not far, it is in everybody's nature. Detect thy fears, thy prejudices, and live in unison with these fears and every being that does not harm thee.

feuersteve said:

@Paweł:Teraz nadszedł czas, aby nauczyć się hebrajskiego!

@ Bateli:!עכשיו הגיע הזמן פול ללמוד עברית

Frankie Jasmine said:

Lisanne, Welcome! You have come to the right place. Perhaps you can tell from the number of responses you've received that many members are interested in things Turkish. I am from Kentucky, U.S.A. I, too, mainly only speak English (some German and recognize a little Turkish only). No longer fluent in German and never was in Turkish. And I, too, am a Turkoholic!! Just as both you and Paul Orhan said, "no one around me understands my Turkish music at all."

So, some gather on the Turkish language threads . . . and Paul gave you a link to a General Discussion group on "Music by your Mood" with tons of Turkish music posted! There you'll find others like yourself. I hope you are able to learn the language. At one time I had an initial start with the Turkish language, . . . but I was unable to devote the time and effort it takes to really learn it. But if the lyrics are written, I can sing along even though I don't know what I'm saying. BARIS AKARSU (R.I.P.) is my favorite singer; Ferhat Gocer has become my favorite living male singer for now! But I like many kinds of music.

If you ever want to give a great Turkish romantic-comedy series a try, let me know. I will direct you to my YouTube Channel on BARIS AKARSU where all the volumes are listed. Also, I have descriptions for the first 10 episodes on the Official Baris-Akarsu Websitesi in English! It would give you a really good start to understand what's happening. It is charming, delightful, and BARIS AKARSU is beautiful (as is his co-star, Merve Sevi). I have laughed so much, and watched the series over and over. And I didn't know a lick of Turkish when I started watching! (Still, I barely, barely do. :S )