Hi all,

I like so much the song "Shahar dar shahar" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAkeM5hgMZk - Hariharanji and Ustad Zakir Hussain). I am stunned by the beauty and force of this ghazal.

That's why I would like to know more about this beautiful ghazal (in fact, I did my own research in google, but with no results, all I could find is this - http://www.dishant.com/lyrics/ghazal...n_-_hazir.html - and it seems that this transcription is wrong, incorrect).

Could you please help me to find the information about this song :

1) who and when composed music and lyrics for this ghazal ?
2) what are the lyrics ? (in hindi or urdu)
3) if it's possible, I am also interested to know the translation of this amazing song in english. If it is already translated, and its lyrics are already published on some centralized lyrics portal of ghazals in the web, would you be so kind to give me the link on this site ? If it exists... (because I could not find

P.S: below is my own humble try to transcribe the song in hindi, I am sure there are a lot of errors, sorry about that. I tried to transcribe it by myself because I could not find lyrics nowhere .

Concerning the translation, also I've been trying to translate what I can, I understand the meaning of some words, but it makes no sense for me for a while as a whole poem, because I could not translate the whole poem properly and correctly I guess.

Shahar dar shahar liye phirta hum, tanhai ko - I am returning to the town, to the calm/silence

kaunsa naam mein dum ? mein teri shannashai ko - Whose name should I give ? To your (shanashaai) ?????

koi mehfil ho, tera naam ko aa jata hai - if there's some company (reunion, community), it is coming to your name

jankar saat laga rakha hai ruswai ko - knowing the truth, ???? ????

jis taraf se jaye, (hekon le ?) lafzon ka ho jhoom - which side coming from, jhoom of the words

kaun samjhe yahaan awaaz ki gehrai ko ? - who'd understand here the depth of the voice ?

khub waqif humو,ووو mein duniya ke chalan se rash de - I am very well settled up (standing), I give ???? (rash ???) from this world's "chalan" (movements ?) (???)
Mein ne par bat nahi samjha hai kabhi rai ko (2) - Though I didnt understand any of the ...

Many thanks in advance,
Shukriyya wa dhanyavad,

With love and respect to the art of music,
Helga