SOLVED Anyone know what this is?

Thread: SOLVED Anyone know what this is?

Tags: daryl, darylmc1987, diablo666daemon666, mcgarry, youtube
  1. DarylMc1987 said:

Default SOLVED Anyone know what this is?

My friend was recording an MTV channel for me, several years ago, and must have forgot he was recording it.
    He started flicking through music channels and found this video...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmRjvo-XNtE

That is the ONLY clip i have, and thats the ENTIRE clip he recorded.
    Any help would be appreciated. I believe it was from around 2002 judging by the other "chart hits" at the time.

sunshine20071988 said:

god that is so fimilar but i cant place ima keep diggin around im sure ill find it eventually if this damn mind of mine would start up it'd be great lol
  3. Th3Diplomat said:

feels like a much older song , rather than 2002.

sunshine20071988 said:

Yea I was thinking late 90's cause I remember seeing it before I moved in 2000
  5. Ibai said:

Ms Dynamite - Dy-na-mi-tee was a hit en 2002 but all the other four songs on screen were hits in 2003:
    Mario - Just A Friend
    Melanie C - Here It Comes Again
    Mis-Teeq - Scandalous
    Missy Elliott - Gossip Folks
  6. Th3Diplomat said:

wrong mario - just a friend and melanie c - here it comes were both released on january and february 2002 and were hits in 2002 not 2003.
    Reference:
    http://www.musicoutfitters.com/topsongs/2002.htm
    http://www.mbgtop40.com/top100s/2002/chart.html
    (Mario #72 )
  7. Th3Diplomat said:

uhm-diddy said:

At the end of the clip, there is some info displayed about the song.
    It says "Skools Out", and the singer is repeating that.

Do you have the original clip, where the audio and text are more clear?
    Or is the youtube clip the only one you have?
  9. Th3Diplomat said:

I don't think he's got that kinda info.
  10. Ibai said:

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Diplomat View Post
    wrong mario - just a friend and melanie c - here it comes were both released on january and february 2002 and were hits in 2002 not 2003.
    Reference:
    http://www.musicoutfitters.com/topsongs/2002.htm
    http://www.mbgtop40.com/top100s/2002/chart.html
    (Mario #72 )
    Oh, I looked at the UK charts...

The singer is repeating Skools out? I saw it at end of the clip, but didn't understand those words in the lyrics....

sunshine20071988 said:

it kinda sounds to me like its saying skools out...then something hot enough?
  12. DarylMc1987 said:

Question Ok Guys

Thank you all for commenting.

Here is some vital info:
    1, I agree that this must have been recorded in 2003 and not 2002
    2, The "Schools Out" at the bottom of the scree is NOT connected to the song, it was the name of a program on a different channel
    3, The singer does seem to say things like "Schools out" and i'm sure i picked out "Dressed in black waving hello" or "Dressed in black with a halo" but inputting those lyrics online gets NOTHING
    4, The singer is also NOT the "Appleton" that is displayed top-right, i have checked.

And yes, this is the FULL clip, as it was recorded. Thank you.
  13. DarylMc1987 said:

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine20071988 View Post
    god that is so fimilar but i cant place ima keep diggin around im sure ill find it eventually if this damn mind of mine would start up it'd be great lol
    Ah, you've heard it then? Thats good. If you figure it out, let me know.
    Its a cool song and ive been looking for it for years

atmaestro said:

The lyrics I hear are

"going/staying out tonite"...
    "it's a saturday night"...
    "my baby love"
    Them that can, do; them that can't... memorize Artist and Title
  15. simnia said:

Some of the lyrics *sound* to me like (but uncertain):

somebody
    I know that it's
    ooh baby
    out
    stay out tonight, it's a Saturday night
    there's a full moon out and
    you remain enough (?) 'til the day (?) I/out tonight
    I'm sittin' back with a halo
    I'm soon to see/seek but I will let things go
    living
    impossibi--lity (?)

I did a Google search on some combinations of these lyrics, but no luck so far.

cbwillallen25 said:

She looks and sounds familiar. Can't really think of who. Definitely a pop artist IMO. She sounds similar to someone like Britney Spears the way her voice can project and other effects while she's singing. Definitely will try to look. Also I see something about "Smash Hits You Control". Is that the name of the show it was on?
  17. DarylMc1987 said:

Quote Originally Posted by cbwillallen25 View Post
    She looks and sounds familiar. Can't really think of who. Definitely a pop artist IMO. She sounds similar to someone like Britney Spears the way her voice can project and other effects while she's singing. Definitely will try to look. Also I see something about "Smash Hits You Control". Is that the name of the show it was on?
    Yeah, The channel is called "The Box" and the program was "Smash Hits You Control"
    And i agree, definitely a pop artist. However, this is the only time ive seen her, maybe a one-hit wonder?

I still love the song, and i want it.
    Its extremely annoying!!
  18. DarylMc1987 said:

Quote Originally Posted by uhm-diddy View Post
    At the end of the clip, there is some info displayed about the song.
    It says "Skools Out", and the singer is repeating that.

Do you have the original clip, where the audio and text are more clear?
    Or is the youtube clip the only one you have?
    "Skools Out" is the name of a programme on another channel.

cbwillallen25 said:

Quote Originally Posted by DarylMc1987 View Post
    Yeah, The channel is called "The Box" and the program was "Smash Hits You Control"
    And i agree, definitely a pop artist. However, this is the only time ive seen her, maybe a one-hit wonder?

I still love the song, and i want it.
    Its extremely annoying!!
    It may be a one hit wonder, or possibly an artist had some of those "bottom hits". Funny thing is I'm really looking for blonde singers. I really had a hard time making out the lyrics. In fact I'm only certain about "out tonight" sung like "out toniiiiiiiiiiiiiight". It sounded like more than one girl singing that part too. Lyrics can definitely help. It also will help if someone can recognize the girl. Also, that train can be significant in the song/video. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the song title and song.

Also I can hear her say something about "School is out" then maybe a second or two later she says "and I'm so ex-ci-ted". Apparently that is part of a refrain that is repeated twice before she enters the train.

Correction, in the refrains first line she says something about "out tonight", then a few words, then "it's a Saturday Night and I'm so ex-ci-ted". Then the next line begins with "School is out" and ends with "out tonight".
    Last edited by cbwillallen25; 05-05-2012 at 08:34 AM. Reason: correction

cbwillallen25 said:

bump, it would really help if anyone recognized the singer. There are at least a couple of moments where the singers face is shown decent enough for someone to recognize her.