Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Thanks

Ok now to fashion.. I've been her fan for 10 years and althought I can't afford her creations but they are beautiful to look at She is Czech and lives and works in Beirut. Introducing Blanka Matragi....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by amaryn View Post
    Frankie: they just happen to be there when we bought that home
    Upstairs we have a sauna and a terrace overlooking a big area of suburbs, 2 km from the sea, so we can see ships going to and from
    Estonia and Sweden Lots of trees everywhere, as is usual here

Maviii: I love white interiors, but as a contrast big plants (I mean: really big) and beige sofas. The floor is parket(lightbrown):

This plant we like especially:

our sauna is smaller, but big enough for 5 people, I'd say.

The Green Monster of Envy is nipping at my heels, amaryn!!! Your description makes me jealous . . . even if you do live in the hinterlands!!
    --------

Ofratko: Your designer is FABULOUS! I love these creations. There are three I would actually wear if I could afford them; four if you count the wedding dress, but I'm a little past that stage, don't you think? I mean, my hair is almost the color of the dress!!!

Thanks

In exactly this house - an old Victorian building in the student/university arear of Glasgow I used to live for four years. In the old days it was the area where the upperclass of the population used to live. Not anymore when I was there. I had rented a room without heating possibilities , so I owned a parafin
    kind of weirdlooking machine warming my feet and nothing else.
    It's a miracle I have no rheumatism,LOL
    I lived there with many other people, it was a real circus

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by amaryn View Post
    In exactly this house - an old Victorian building in the student/university arear of Glasgow I used to live for four years. In the old days it was the area where the upperclass of the population used to live. Not anymore when I was there. I had rented a room without heating possibilities , so I owned a parafin
    kind of weirdlooking machine warming my feet and nothing else.
    It's a miracle I have no rheumatism,LOL
    I lived there with many other people, it was a real circus

And I lived her for 2 years we had plenty of hot water & great heating system...

@ Frankie= Darling I'm sure you will look fab in any of these dresses! And the wedding dress is definitely on my shopping list( well one day when I marry Donald Trump As my friend would say the age is just a number!

Thanks

Ok, Ofratko, this is your home that I like the most! Defo because of the lovely "kohn-SEHR-vah-rah-tree" (Yanks version of Brit upper-class pronunciation!!)

Hey, thanks about the dresses. Maybe if the designer gave me a personal fitting I'd be OK. I might be able to pull off two. But "They-Ah awwL jess 'GOH-JUS,' hunney!" (Savannah, GA, high society accent!)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,117 Times in 706 Posts

i would not be able to live in such big house / i would go mad
    thats not my ideal house / i prefer cosy house which makes me feel comfort not lost inside the space
    its beautiful / i mean the one u posted above but no way i can take it as my own house

Thanks

Maviii, you are so practical . . . but so classically 'you' at the same time! You endear yourself to others!

Ofratko, I'm not certain, but I THINK Blanka Matragi made that turquoise dress for me--I can almost taste it!! And the black one? Must have been made for ADELE. And the beautiful white dresses?...I think they were designed for you to choose your favorite. I must admit, the veil with the Middle-Eastern-looking forehead medallion frames the face like a work of art!. Both dresses are "GOH-JESS"!!!

Thanks

@ Mavii I've wanted to invite all my ATL friends and acquaintances to my house for a big party but I might just cross somebody off the guest list... Like I don't know whether the postman will be able to find the small cozy HOBBIT cottage

@ Frankie- Blanka is designing clothes for many members of Arabic royal families. So many of her creations have this orientalish touch. But I truly love the second pic! It's so beautiful. She is also creating her own patterns and everything is hand made...Yeah I can imagine yourself in the turquoise dress. Perfect

Thanks

For Mavii

Thanks

A few more from Blanka

Thanks

Can't help it--I'm a sucker for the color and the style--seafoam green blowing dress & shoes!!

P.S. I can tell you, American "royalty" really needs her badly. Have you seen the Hollywood red carpet lately??

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ofratko View Post
    For Mavii

I have always thought that if I were alone, I would want a little cottage too. This WOULD be great for either Maviii or me . . . however, there is one problem:

Especially since it is half underground . . . IT DOESN'T HAVE ENOUGH WINDOWS & LIGHT !!!! (...**that's all**...)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,117 Times in 706 Posts

@ofratko : i said cosy but i didnt say a cottage or hut

well something like this maybe..look

i need big windows and sunlight that reach each corner in day-time
    plus i always wished to have a house that is near the sea or at least when i look from the window
    i see ships and boats and seagulls in the sky

@frankie : i would like to share with you a vocational house / where we could meet and had good time together far from
    city crowd and people also [ so we can talk & complain about men ''secretfun'' ] what do you think =))))

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Maviii View Post
    @ofratko : i said cosy but i didnt say a cottage or hut

well something like this maybe..look

i need big windows and sunlight that reach each corner in day-time
    plus i always wished to have a house that is near the sea or at least when i look from the window
    i see ships and boats and seagulls in the sky

@frankie : i would like to share with you a vocational house / where we could meet and had good time together far from
    city crowd and people also [ so we can talk & complain about men ''secretfun'' ] what do you think =))))

Q: i would like to share with you a vacation house / A: Ooooooh! "Yes."
    Q: where we could meet and had good time together / A: "Yes, yes!"
    Q: far from city crowd and people also / A: "Yes, YES, YESSS!"
    Q: [ so we can talk & complain about men ''secretfun'' ] / A: "YES! EVET! SI! DA! JA! OUI! OKEY-DOKEY!!!"
    Q: what do you think =)))) / A: "Mah-viii-lous, darling! YES, WONDERFUL! I'll probably need it within two weeks!" =))))))

Maviii dear, it's not white (you know I enjoy color), but don't you think this looks comfy enough, has enough "Getmuetlichkeit," for the chalet? We can discuss exchanging out a few color things for white, if you wish!! Sorry, gotta run. This is my five minutes of fun on ATL today!!! BY-EEEEE!!!!

Thanks

@ Mavii... I can see we have different perception of the word small Your house is definitely not small for me. It is rather big. As I said different perception. But at least the view in my grand house might make you happy

My Estonian friend has a log house almost the same as this one

And I ABSOLUTELY love it. I can imagine myself living there!

Thanks

[QUOTE=Frankie Jasmine;953473]Q: i would like to share with you a vacation house / A: Ooooooh! "Yes."
    Q: where we could meet and had good time together / A: "Yes, yes!"
    Q: far from city crowd and people also / A: "Yes, YES, YESSS!"
    Q: [ so we can talk & complain about men ''secretfun'' ] / A: "YES! EVET! SI! DA! JA! OUI! OKEY-DOKEY!!!"
    Q: what do you think =)))) / A: "Mah-viii-lous, darling! YES, WONDERFUL! I'll probably need it within two weeks!" =))))))

Maviii dear, it's not white (you know I enjoy color), but don't you think this looks comfy enough, has enough "Getmuetlichkeit," for the chalet? We can discuss exchanging out a few color things for white, if you wish!! Sorry, gotta run. This is my five minutes of fun on ATL today!!! BY-EEEEE!!!!

LOL I am rolling across the floor here laughing. You are tooooooooooooooo funny!

there's one small BUT about these houses: they're huge,lol! Who's gonna pay? The government?

Thanks

what about these ones, LOL!

Thanks

amaryn: Are there any 'gaters in that lake??

Wuh-woh. This is style thread, and I don't have time for finding style photos now . . . Sorry! :S :l

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie Jasmine View Post
    amaryn: Are there any 'gaters in that lake??

Wuh-woh. This is style thread, and I don't have time for finding style photos now . . . Sorry! :S :l
    I'm almost sure that it is gator free. But I know one place in Louisiana where.....

Thanks
    Thanked 1,035 Times in 680 Posts

Default "People aren't angular. So why should they live in rectangles?", Charles Deaton

M A S T E R P I E C E !

This one was featured in Woody Allen's 1973 film "Sleeper" ...

More infos -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sculptured_House

"Gilgamesh, where are you hurrying to?
    You will never find that life for which you are looking.
    When the gods created man they allotted to him death,
    but life they retained in their own keeping"

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast