H&M

Thread: H&M

Tags: None
  1. melissa26 said:

Default H&M

^ I think it has to be "Make it Last" by Mariah Carey. It is from the album Rainbow -- I think it is meant to be a remix of the single "Thank God I Found You". "Make it Last" had its own video.

Nas is the opening rapper. I think the singer Joe sings the next verse. It's from the late 1990's.

Here's more information from Wikipedia about this remix, including information about songs that sound like it, too.

Carey re-recorded her vocals for the song's main remix titled "Thank God I Found You" (Make It Last Remix), which features vocals from Joe and Carey's label-mate, rapper Nas. The remix is a remake of Keith Sweat's song "Make It Last Forever" (1988), and incorporates a few verses from the original version of "Thank God I Found You". DJ Clue produced the remix, transforming it into a slow groove R&B number. In September 2000, US songwriters Seth Swirsky and Warren Campbell filed a copyright infringement lawsuit against Carey claiming that "Thank God i Found You" borrowed heavily from the song "One of Those Love Songs" they composed for R&B group Xscape. The lawsuit was eventually settled in favor of Carey.
  2. OlivePickles said:

Quote Originally Posted by melissa26 View Post
    ^ I think it has to be "Make it Last" by Mariah Carey. It is from the album Rainbow -- I think it is meant to be a remix of the single "Thank God I Found You". "Make it Last" had its own video.

Nas is the opening rapper. I think the singer Joe sings the next verse. It's from the late 1990's.
    Thanks so much, Melissa! That song really does fit all the criteria I listed! I did stumble across that track as I was searching the interwebz for my mystery song, but unfortunately that's not the one. The genre of the track I'm looking for is definitely dance/house. I've also gone through a lot of Lil Wayne's collaboration pieces in the last week, and based on his style and voice, I'm 99% sure that he's one of the featured artists on the track. So the search continues... (thanks again for responding!)